SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Craftyrn sends Craftybx!

Lars
15 years ago

My package from Diane arrived yesterday at work, and my co-worker was anxious to see what was inside. First was a note that said "Read this first", and so I did. It was pretty exciting for both of us as I unwrapped a beautiful {{gwi:1468014}}, which is supposed to be "right-handed", but I found it also works in my left hand. I used this mug this morning because it was quite chilly (55 outside) when I woke up, and we haven't yet lit the pilot for our heater. This is a very timely and appropriate gift, as I love to use mugs to warm my hands. It works very well, and the handle can be grasped in a number of different ways (in case the contents are too hot). This will get a lot of use because I love the colors, and my tea strainer fits perfectly inside. I have to say that I really needed a new mug because my old one is ugly and chipped, but I used it because it was the right shape. The new mug has an even better shape than my favorite old one, plus it was made by a local crafter in NY!

Next (or perhaps first) was {{gwi:1468015}}! I almost want to put a candle inside this bowl because it makes very nice patterns of light when held to a light source. I might also use it as a fruit bowl, but it might be a while before I use it as a colander. It's pretty enough just to be a centerpiece, and I'm a bit afraid of chipping it in the sink. I'm going to try a candle with it before anything else, I think. It would also make a nice orchid pot, when filled with bark. Anyway, I absolutely love it, and truly appreciate hand-made ceramics. The photo doesn't do it justice.

That takes care of ceramics and also the "choice" item. For paper, Diane selected {{gwi:1468016}}, written especially for people who frequent local farmers' markets, of which I am one. For inside pictures of the book, click on the link below. I'm especially happy that it has a number of fig recipes, and I plan to make several of those next summer during fig season. It's also nice that it has so many updated vegetable and fruit recipes along with many beautiful pictures. I'm always looking for new ways to dress up vegetables.

Diane also included {{gwi:1468016}}, being seasonal and also as a "thank you" gift because I had sent to her in a previous swap. I have them hanging in my living room right now, and I love looking at them. She had her partner make these for us, and so they are extra special to me.

I think this was a beautiful way to end the swap, and you can't fault Diane for the delay, since she had to wait until I would be back from Texas to receive the package. I had to tell the guys in the warehouse to be on the lookout for this, since they are notoriously bad for delivering packages to the wrong people! This one was delivered to me without delay!

Thanks so much, Diane, for such a beautiful and thoughtful package. I'll think of you whenever I use these items, which will be often (that is, daily!). I'll keep you posted on how I use the colander!

Lars

Comments (17)