SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

WANTED: I'm a Mini-Mustangs!

alison
16 years ago

"And ah feel good!!"

I'm criminally slow in posting this; hope you weren't biting your nails, Cathy! But election night is over (as far as I'm concerned) and I want to post this before I head home.

First off -- lovely, lovely package.

{{gwi:1467631}}

Cathy said she thought she had to re-assess her favorites when she learned she'd drawn my name, because I'm always talking about how small my kitchen is. But then she realized that many of her favorites came in small packages as well -- hence the "mini-Mustangs" theme!

The first item, peeking over the edge of the packages is a mini-prep Cuisinart -- and I've already made a place for it on the counter. Small and sleek, it's going to be a boon for someone like me, with poor knife skills. It's already made two batches of pesto, with the last of the summer's basil. Vunderbar, I tell you!

{{gwi:1467632}}

Slicing and dicing not enough? Feel like ventilating dinner? Cathy's got me covered, with a Jaccard meat tenderizer. This really looks lethal, and a great tool for cheap meats/marinades. Plus it stores easily and safely in a drawer. Sorry for the blurry picture; it's got three rows of razor-sharp blades for tenderizing meat. Or keeping the roommate in line....

{{gwi:1467633}}

And these are so cool -- I've actually seen these before in the store and put them on my mental checklist. A palm held scrubber and peeler. Ergonomic, easy to store and clean and (so important for us lefties) ambidextrous! The peeler made quick work of a pile of potatoes the night it arrived!

{{gwi:1467634}}{{gwi:1467635}}

As wonderful as all these things are (and they are!) Cathy also sent several recipes that highlight each tool. I love personal recipes -- and the ultimate mashed potatoes recipe sounds too good to put away -- it's on the menu for later this week.

Thanks so much for sharing oyur favorites, Cathy -- I think they're well on their way to becoming favorites of mine as well!

{{gwi:1467636}}

Comments (22)