Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Thank YouLakeGuy35 !!! I Love my Swapbox !!!

Posted by diana55 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 23, 06 at 23:46

First I want to apologize for being so late in posting, expecially to LakeGuy35. As some of you know my sister-in-law has been sick with Cancer, and she died on Tuesday night. She is in peace now. It has been a very trying time for our family. I have also been trying to get my Camera fixed, but to no prevail. My daughter dropped it, and broke it in two. Time to buy a new one !!! I'm truly sorry LakeGuy35!!!

Well, I recieved my swapbox after I got home from work. I couldn't wait to open it. I was very excited to see that my Swap partner was LakeGuy35. I just loved everything that he sent to me!!!

1. The local item is a pottery bowl by a local potter by the name of Yusuf Etudaiye, it's just beautiful. It has many uses, but I think I shall use it as a Fruit bowl, since it looks so good in my kitchen.

2. The cookbook he sent to me is titled " A Baker's Tour by Nick Malgieri". LakeGuy guessed right, when he bought this cookbook for me, because one of my favorite pastimes is baking. The recipes in this cookbook look fantastic, and I can't wait to try some of them.

3. The homemade item's are jar's of canned goods, that LakeGuy made this year.This was his first year canning, but you would never know it, by the looks of these jars. They look delicous!!! He included some of Annie's famous salsa, Diane's Apple Pie Jam, and the Habanera Gold Hot Pepper Jelly, that he learned to make at Canning camp. Can't wait to try them!!! Yum Yum !!!

I also recieved three magazine's from LakeGuy's hometown, which really made this package special. As I read them, it gave me a feeling of friendship from him. It was really interesting to learn about the State that he live's in. Even though I did know a little bit about it. Hey what can I say LakeGuy. I'm a big fan of "Garth Brooks" LOL

I just can't Thank you enough, for such a wonderful Swap Package!!! I will alway's cherish the things that you sent to me. Everytime that I look at that beautiful bowl, and bake a recipe from your cookbook, I will think of you!!! I know that you put alot of effort into it, and carefully thought of each item. Thank You once again !!!

Diana55

P.S...Sorry no pic's, unless of course LakeGuy has some. Hint...hint...hint...LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Thank YouLakeGuy35 !!! I Love my Swapbox !!!

Oh, and Last but not least!!! AnnT, you can close this Fall Swap now!!! Diana55

o

Diana, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that the last few weeks have been very difficult for you.

David always sends the best swap boxes and this one is no different. How special to receive some of David's homemade preserves. I love pottery. And the baking cookbook is perfect for you. I know David took pictures. Can't wait to see them.

Ann

o

I've been on the receiving end of one of David's superboxes and I concur he is an awesome partner. He gives so much thought to each item and makes a wonderful assortment. This time appears to be no different. I'm dying to see the bowl, the cookbook is great and I know his canning skills are first rate! Enjoy it all, and my condolences on your loss.

o

Diana, I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like David's wonderful swap box brought a little bit of light into the dark times you are having.

I'd love to see that bowl! I love bowls! That cookbook sounds really interesting, too. I have not seen that one. I'm sure David's canned goodies are scrumptious! Oh, to have some of that Habanera Gold right about now! Enjoy your treats.

David...great job!!

o

Diana I am so sorry for your loss and that of your family. It is a difficult time for sure.

I too have been a lucky recipient of a fabulous swap from David and this one keeps his reputation in tact! Lovley collection of things.

Can't wait to see the bowl!

o

Diana, how nice to receive a "happy package" at a sad time. What a difficult time for you and your family. I'm sorry.

But ..... the package sounds awesome! The salsa and jams sound dee-lish. I love pottery, too, and I hope we get to see a picture of it.

When you get that new camera, be sure to bake something from the new cookbook and post a picture.

Enjoy! Makes me kind of sad that there are no more boxes in this swap to look forward to. Oh well -- can another swap be far behind??

o

Diana, I am very sorry for your family's loss.

How nice to have some treats from Lakeguy. You can tell you are really pleased with your swap items, I too hope to see a picture of the bowl.

Take care, Janet

o

Diana, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My sympathy to you and your family.

The box must have been the perfect "pick me up"! Great job, David, I hope you have pix. That bowl sounds lovely and the cookbook, too. Home canned goodies? What's not to love?

Linda

o

Diana, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!

I'm looking forward to pictures, can't wait to see the bowl! Great cookbook! and home canned goods, a perfect box! Great going, David! Enjoy, Diana!

o

Very nice swap package. Hope David can post pix. I too am sorry about your family loss, Diana. I hope this was a little pick me up for you at this sad time.

o

Diana, I am so sad to hear of the loss of your SIL. My heart & prayers are with your family. ((Hugs))

I'm pleased that David's wonderful package brought a smile and a laugh. They sound like wonderful presents that you will enjoy. If possible, sometime down the road...I'd love to see a picture of that bowl. It sounds beautiful.

Tricia

o

So sorry to hear of your loss Diana.

Your swap package hopefully cheered you up. The items sound wonderful. You can never have too many bowls, in my opinion. And I do believe Nick Malgieri is quite the chef! Can't wait to see photos!

Catherine

o

David is such a cool person I don't need any pics. I would love to taste that habanero gold hot pepper jelly and the cookbook sounds wonderful. I'm a challenged baker but love things fresh from the oven. Diana I'm so sorry about your sister in law. I hope they find the magic bullet like tomorrow.
James

o

Diana, I too am sorry to hear about your family's recent loss. Prayers to one and all from down here. I totally understand you posting delay so don't worry about it.

I had a great time researching and shopping for you. You are lucky I kept the to the limits for this swap. I REAllY wanted to include some cookie cutters! : ) LOL!

Here are a couple of pics for everyone.

Pottery and cookbook.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

The whole package.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

As always, I had a great time with this swap!!

David

o

Diana, I am so sorry for your loss. Brighter days are ahead.

Enjoy your swap package. That bowl is so beautiful that I can't take my eyes off it.

o

Diana, my thoughts and prayers are with you now. This is such a hard time of year to lose a loved one.

That is a lovely swap package though. It will certainly brighten your days. I love that pottery bowl!!

o

Diana, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope it is of some comfort to you and your family that your SIL is no longer suffering.

Your descriptive post didn't even need a picture to accompany it, but now that it's there, I love the package even more. The bowl is pretty and that looks like a great cookbook. David's homemade goodies will be delicious, I'm sure.

o

Diana I'm sorry that you have lost your sister in law. My thoughts are with you and your family.

David, I love it all, those great treats that won't last long and the wonderful bowl and book that Diana will enjoy for years.

Diana, I hope the gifts are a little bright spot for you now.

Lee

o

Thank you everyone for your condolences !!!and Thank you David for understanding. Those are great Pic's and Thank you also for posting them !!! David.... You are truly a "Gem" Diana55

o
David...Just to let you know.......

Yes, and David.........I have enough cookie cutters!!!!LOL Diana

o

Ooh that bowl is just gorgeous! And I look forward with great antcipation to recipe from that book shared at the CF.

I love to bake too.

David is a sweetie that's for sure!

I too send my peaceful thoughts to your family at this time!!!

o

Brenda, I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. It must be a very difficult time for you and your family. It sound like Davids fantastic box put a smile on your face though.

I do agree with Terri that the bowl is gorgeous. It would look great on my counter too. I've always wanted one of Nick Malgieri's books. I can't wait to hear about it. Those labels on the canned goods look professional David are you sure you didn't buy them? Just kidding.

Enjoy Brenda!!

Tracey

o

What a wonderful package! And nice to get such a great unexpected hug from someone new. And the canned items bring you in touch with so many people from Canny Camp!

o

My sympathy to you & yours Diana .

Looks like David- as usual- picked the perfect items for you .

o

That cookbook looks fantastic and I adore the bowl. How lucky to get some home canned items, too. Great job, David.

Diana, sympathies to you and your family.

o

Diana, I'm sorry to hear about your sister in law, you and your family will be in my prayers.

I've also been the recipient of one of David's swaps, so I know he picks the perfect gifts. That bowl is just beautiful and the cookbook cover looks delicious, I'll look forward to hearing about those recipes. Be careful with the habanero gold, LOL, it demands respect.

Annie

o

What a wonderful package, DAvid - I absolutely love the bowl. You always send such wonderful packages...

Diana, enjoy your items, - I am very sorry for your loss...

Stacy

o

So sorry to hear about your sister in law. You and your family have my deepest sympathy.

That bowl is very beautiful and looks like a nice size. I also love handmade pottery.

I've made several of Nick Maglieri's recipes and liked all of them. He contributed to Julia Child's Baking with Julia, which is where I first heard of him. I like the way he writes his instructions.

I'm going to have to try the apple pie jam some time.

Enjoy your package!

Lars

o

Diana, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you and your family during this trying time.

Way to go David!! Great box!

Diana, I know that you will enjoy all the lovely items!

o

I've been away from the computer for a while, so I have some catching up to do. Diana, I'm also sorry for your loss...my heart goes out to you and your family. The swap package looks wonderful. That's a beautiful bowl, and the cookbook looks like fun. The canned items look tasty, especially the salsa. I need to search and find more about this famous Annie's Salsa. Good job, David.

Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here