SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trixietx

WANTED: I got the best package! Thanks Jeanette

trixietx
17 years ago

I came home this afternoon and there was a box by the front door!

It's my swap package! I tear into that box and Jeanette (Virginia7074) has wrapped it so pretty, it's beautiful and something inside smells so good. I can't really decide the scent, but it smells good!

I love this cookbook

I wish you could look at this cookbook, that is why I am a little late posting, I've been looking, no just skipping around looking at the cookbook.

Inside it says Cookbook and Tour Book and it is.

It doesn't just say appetizers, soups, salads, etc. It is categorized Poultry and Eggs, Meat, Shellfish and Fish, Dairy Products, Fruit and Nuts, Vegetables, Grains, Wine, Other Farm Products and Honorable Mentions, which are Honey and Maple Syrup. It is not just recipes, there is Virginia history. I do not have a cookbook like this one, it is wonderful. It even has a fact sheet for the categories. We grow sweet corn in our garden and I just gave DH the quiz, he did good, he got 7 out of 8 answers right!

I wish I could take a picture of each page because there is no way I can describe it, there is just so much useful information,

I really, really like this cookbook, but I think I already said that and there is more to come, Apple and spice Cake mix. Jeanette said she wanted to send a Virginia apple for the cake, but couldn't find one and didn't know if it would make it to Texas anyway. Oh, I can't wait to make this, but I think I will wait until after harvest and we won't have to share it with the farm workers, we can have it just for us. Nothing stingy about me!

What was smelling so good, a set of soaps, with a juice theme. How cool is that and Jeanette said they are made close to where she lives, Cranberry, AppleJack, Plum Spice and Pear. I hope the picture shows how pretty they are wrapped, but I really wish you could smell them. They smell so good, now I just have to decide which one to use first!

Jeanette, I love my Virginia package, it is just perfect!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Loudoun County, Virginia