SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Winging its way from Washington (and over to Exchanges)

dedtired
17 years ago

Okay Terri_pacnw, you can stop worrying now. Your amazing package was on my doorstep last night, safe and sound. I had to go to a dinner last night and didn't get home until late. I opened the door to get the mail and --- ta-da! -- there was a box waiting for me!

That's the good news and here is the bad news. My digital camera is on vacation on the island of Anguilla. My son is at a wedding there and has it. He returns Monday, so the pictures will be posted Tuesday evening. I wish so much I had it because this package deserves to be in pictures!

So, I will have to rely on my writing skills. Where to start??

As soon as I opened the box, I knew immediately what one gift was! Up wafted the aroma of fresh roasted coffee. Nirvana for a coffee addict like me. Terri sent some coffee from Mukilteo Coffee Roasters. It's called Happy Hippie which is perfect for me -- who is a former hippie and now a lot too hippie. Really the aroma is heavenly. Yes, Terri, I do have a grinder and will be grinding some of these beans in the morning. If it tastes half as good as it smells, I am in for a special treat. This is the local item because it was roasted on Whidbey Island in the state of Washington. I looked up the island and it looks like a slice of heaven. I have never been to the Pacific Northwest, but it's a place I've always wanted to see.

Next is two jars, wrapped in some useful dish cloths that match my kitchen perfectly in shades of green and brown -- just like my backsplash. Snuggled inside the dish cloths were a jar of Tayberry Jam and a jar of Caramel Spice Pear Butter. Holy smokes, I've hit the lottery. I ADORE jam!Tayberry is a special berry that is a cross between a longanberry (did I get that right?) and a raspberry.

Terri's own Caramel Spiced Pear Butter!!! Aren't you jealous?? All for me!

Next was a cookbook that I know I will use a lot. It's "Cooking for Two" by Cornelia Adams. Hallelujah, a cookbook that doesn't have recipes meant for an army. I live alone (and love it -- I have plenty of friends and family near by). But, when you are cooking for one, there isn't much incentive to cook. However, this cookbook is chock full of inviting uncomplicated recipes that are just ideal. I may be quadrupling some for when I feed the friends. Chicken Breast in Gorgonzola Sauce, anyone? Wanna be my friend?

Wait. There's more. Here's the showstopper -- a too-darling-handmade-by-Terri apron! It is beautiful and the finishing details are amazing. The fabric is flowers in fall colors, to remind me of my garden when my flowers have faded (and they pretty much have!). She gathered and tucked the fabric into the waistband, trimmed it all around with lovely binding, and the bottom edge is masterfully scalloped. Oh how I wish my camera were here so you could see it. To top it off, it has the most wonderful label sewn in -- "Handmade with love." I am getting teary. And guess what? She made it without a pattern! If you don't sew, let me tell you that is not at all easy.

Terri also enclosed a charming handwritten note, which was a pleasure to read. I didn't know anyone wrote by hand any more ;0)

Terri, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You took such care in learning about my likes and interests and could not have chosen more wonderful items. You have made me very happy and so sooo glad I participated in this swap!

Pictures coming in a few days -- I promise!

Pam

PS -- can't believe I posted this on the Discussions side first. What a dope.

Comments (48)