SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

A Bounty of favorites from British Columbia

teresa_nc7
16 years ago

Today I received a marvelous swap package from Shelley (ssomerville) in Langley, BC, Canada. And everything survived the long trip in good shape!

I was able to get a couple of pictures before my Digikam software started acting up.

First I have to say that I loved the wrapping paper - soft yellow with bees/bugs(?) printed on it - and the lovely card that Shelley sent. This gal likes her tape! Everything securely taped up and make you work to open her package!

We have some "sets" - the first being a complete boxed kit for Pizza 101:

pizza stone with rack, pizza cutter, rolling pin (good and heavy), pizza server, cheese grater (don't have this one), dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, two large oven mits (these will be used a lot), and wooden sauce ladle.

[I swear on a stack of cookbooks all this came in one box!]

{{gwi:1467564}}

The next two packages were a beautiful hand decorated black pepper grinder and a jar of Brandied Peppercorn Melange. Shelley said she "personalized" the grinder and I think she made the peppercorn mixture also as she included the recipe. It smells divine!

And last, but by no means least, is a Digital Instant Read Thermometer with a LARGE EASY TO READ DISPLAY! This is something I have been wanting very, very much (but wouldn't just go out and get for myself).

{{gwi:1467565}}

There was a copy of a Special Issue of Canadian Living magazine also in my package titled Holiday Celebrations. Can't wait to look through this tonight.

Shelley, this generous swap package is just perfect for me. I'll be trying out the pizza kit this weekend, I hope. The grinder and pepper will be put into use tomorrow. I can see my sons doing the peppergrinder routine like the waiters when we have our family Thanksgiving dinner. And the thermometer will be sooooo much easier to use than my non-digital ones.

Thank you, Shelley, for this delightful swap package. I'll think of you often when I enjoy all my goodies!

Teresa

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!