SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftyrn

WANTED: Curiosity was killing my post office gal !

craftyrn
15 years ago

I missed the mailman yesterday so had to run today to our little local post office to pick up & sign for a package--new gal behind the counter

was real curious about a pkg from Canada containing homemade pickles so I had to explain about our Cooking Forum & the swaps &

members from Canada, Iceland, Australia, Germany , Japan & all over the States -- she thought the whole concept was so great. ( & no Sharon didn't cheat-- just sent a gift for the family)

Oh Goodness ,Sharon--- !! I love everything--it's all perfect ; beautiful, unique and useful-- and just my style,

every single piece I would have agonized over getting for myself if I had seen them someplace-- they certainly speak to me! And so nice to get local artisan's work.

(Doc's at Deer Camp with my camera -- I won't be able to take pictures until Sat evening & would really like the forum to see these beautiful items. So I emailed Sharon & she came through with hers)

I absolutely love the shape & texture of the wooden bowl-- & signed and dated by the Craftsman (Kenneth H Jones ) -- 15 x 8 & 3 inches deep, hand distressed with a small metal insert in one end, feels very good in the hands too-- I just love the feel of well worked wood-- it's beautiful enough to use as a display piece tho I think it will be filled with the cranberry/walnut rugelach I'm taking to DD's Thanksgiving Dinner-- first of many times it will be used I'm sure.

And the gravy pitcher & it's drip saucer-- a stoneware pottery piece by Donn Zver--dark browns fading thru green in the unique glaze treatment-- and check out the curly bit on the handle-- the spout looks like a "drip-less " one. You're right about it being the perfect size for my brood-- & timely--- for our family Christmas this year I'm planning to do a boneless Prime Rib & introducing the family to Yorkshire Puddings-- and won't that pitcher be perfect-- and being stoneware will keep the gravy well warmed.Wish my camera was here so you could see how well it looks with my good stoneware ( which is a gray/green speckle & flower pattern).

The place mats & napkins are very nice-- a bit "rustic" like me but the trim gives them some style -- needed here.

PS-- Sharon's pickles are going to DD's for our Thanksgiving Dinner . So when we go around the table & each of us mentions what we're thankful for she'll be included in a family's " thank goodness for friends" . The chili sauce I'm not sharing-- well maybe Doc can have a little.

picture by Sharon via Clive-- thx you two !!

Diane

Comments (20)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor