SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggie2094

Bang-on delivery from Thunder Bay

maggie2094
17 years ago

Thunder Bay arrives at my door with a CLAP. That would be me...clapping my thanks to Chancesmom (Janet).

It is such a cool feeling to get a package from another country and did I get the most amazing package.

{{gwi:1467537}}

My handmade item is this bracelet.

{{gwi:1467532}}

{{gwi:1467533}}

I wish I could get a picture with it on (I tried!). It fits me perfectly (I have small wrists and bracelets usually dangle too much - this one fits almost like a watch - perfect). But get this? Janet said this is her first piece! I think she should quit her day job. Her sister helped (thank you!). I have to bring out some of my jewelry to show how much this is me. I love turquoise and blue and shades of brown and bronze are my favorite combination to wear. I really feel special receiving Janet's first piece. Did I hit the lotto or something?

Next is this beautiful piece of pottery from one of Janet's favorite potters in Thunder Bay. The tone and coloring fit my home to a "T". I don't have anything from any potter anywhere! I will truly treasure this - and use it often! She shared this recipe which I want to share with you.

Elephant in a Bowl

==================

3 cloves of elephant garlic, chopped quite fine

8 ounces of cream cheese

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack

1 can diced green chiles

Combine in bowl. Pour into crock or casserole. heat @ 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until brown around edges and bubbly. Spread on crackers or bread.

The cookbook is Marcella's Italian Kitchen by Marcella Hazan. I keep hearing about this cookbook lately! I was checking it out when shopping for my partner and didn't someone else just receive this? I can't wait to read this. Janet says it is like she is there next to you in the kitchen and I absolutely love making Italian meals.

Here is everything.

{{gwi:1467540}}

Oh, no..wait! The card is also from a local artist.

{{gwi:1467534}}

This is by Roy Thomas, an Ahnisnabae-artist. Janet thought the food as nurturer was an appropriate theme and so do it. I am framing this for my kitchen.

Janet, you really touched my heart. I have said this before on this forum and I will say it again. When you talk about food you are talking about life. It is so much fun to see how we can live so far away and have so much in common. Thank you, my friend!

Comments (39)