SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arandygail

WANTED: Tasty Treats from Pam (dedtired)

arandygail
17 years ago

I came home tonight and found a large box on the back steps. I was so excited and knew that it had to be my swap box. I took it into the house and tore it apart immediately. Inside, Pam (dedtired) had packed some wonderful items from the Philadelphia area along with a very nice note.

First, I found a bag full of Tastykakes. Pam says that they are a Philadelphia favorite. My kids have already laid claim to some of them, and I look foreword to trying these. They look delicious!!

Next, I unwrapped a bag with pretzels and local mustards. These mustards were made by a company started by a local nurse named Cherchie (pronounced Church-ee). The pretzels are PamÂs favorite "Unique Splitz Pretzels." I dug into the champaigne mustard while I opened the rest of the box. Both the mustard and the pretzels are delightful. The second mustart is lemon and sounds very interesting.

Next, I reached into a gift bag and pulled out a beautiful piece of Polish pottery. It is exquisite. I donÂt know how she could have known that I have been hinting to my husband for years that I love Polish pottery and would love to have some for Christmas. Now that I have my first piece, maybe he will get the hint and add to my collection. This dish is just gorgeous. I can wait to display and use it.

Finally, I opened the cookbook. It is a local cookbook named after the Main Line railroad that runs through the area. I have already leafed through the cookbook and picked out several recipes. Local cookbooks like this are my favorite. I love to try all of the tried and true recipes that people from a certain area select to have included in this type of cookbook.

Pam, thank you so much for the wonderful swap package. Everything is just perfect!

Gail

I took some beautiful pictures of everything. As soon as I can figure out why they won't show up, I will post them.

Comments (36)