SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Alison - I am overwhelmed! Thank you!

caflowerluver
16 years ago

I almost tripped going out the front door while taking my dog out for her afternoon potty break. There was a huge box just sitting there in front of the door. I didn't hear the mail person come to the door, must have had a substitute today. Mine is too lazy to deliver it to the house but leaves it at the end of the 150 yard driveway by the mailbox. With this misty rainy weather I am glad they brought it to the door.

The gifts were wrapped in colorful tissue paper. What to open first? I figured I should read the card last to keep up the surprise. First I opened the Nordic Ware Bundt Multi Mini Pans. I love them!!! I have some of their larger pans but these are perfect because, like Alison said in her note, I can make them ahead and freeze them. I am just getting into doing that for portion control and so things don't go stale before we finish them. I can't wait to try them out this weekend and make something fancy for Sunday.

Then I opened the set of 3 dark green mixing bowls. You must have read my mind. I have been saying I need some better bowls. I have two I use all the time because they are deep, but when doing lots of cooking I have to stop and wash them to use them again. These will be perfect.

The big giveaway was the Penzeys Spices envelope. I saved the best for last and was nearly knocked over when I saw the gift certificate for $20. That was so generous of you Alison, I don't know what to say except thank you. I already have been drooling over their catalogs because unfortunately we don't have a store. I know I am going to get some vanilla beans and a different variety of cinnamon then what you get in the store. This could be a start of a new addiction.

And what a lovely card. I love what it had to say.

Walk in the rain.

smell flowers,

stop along the way,

build sandcastles,

go on field trips,

find out how things work,

tell stories,

say the magic words,

trust the universe.

Bruce Williamson

Alison - Thank you for all the wonderful gifts. I will enjoy them all.

Clare
{{gwi:1467502}}

{{gwi:1467503}}

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County