SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ziporion

WANTED: All the way from Iceland! Thanks netla!

ziporion
17 years ago

As I don't have the computer savvy to post pictures, Ann has agreed to do it for me. Ann, thanks again, I'll send them shortly.

Well, I answered the door today to the postal employee who was holding a package for me! Profusely thanking her and quickly closing the door, I immediately peeked at the return address and was thrilled to learn that netla (all the way from Iceland)was my swap partner! Eager to see what regional goodies lay in store for me, I tore right into the package. In beautifully wrapped packaging, I started with the cookbook... called Cool Dishes -- Traditional Icelandic Cuisine. Looking through this book are many regional recipes...lots of fish dishes and local foods. I look forward to reading up on these.

The regional item netla sent me is a pancake mix. I was pretty excited to see this... When we lived in Thunder Bay, we used to go to a few Scandinavian restaurants that sold these pancakes for breakfast. We stood in line many times to enjoy these breakfasts, and now I'll be able to do so in my own home, with no lineup (except for maybe the kids!). So, netla, that was a real treat.

And finally, the beautiful homemade item was a jar of crowberry jelly. Netla's Mom picked the berries, which netla mentioned because of their size, they were very time consuming to pick, and netla herself made the jelly. She also crocheted the beautiful jar topper, the flower highlighting the ruby colour of the jelly.

I must say all of netla's items reflected her area very well, and it was a treat to receive it! Netla, you gave me a very close look into your world. Thank you!

Catherine

Comments (41)