SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimtex_gw

HAVE: Ohio rules!!!!!

jimtex
17 years ago

Well, I decided to leave work early and came home to take my wife out for some lunch. When we got back there was a package on the front porch. It was from Alison (you had me bumfuzzled for a while Alison trying to figure out who

Al was, lol) who sent some very nice things. My wife and I did our swap thing where I open and pass each thing to her and she gives it back exept this time she kept something and said it was hers. Alison enclosed a very nice letter to take me through each item from homemade to local to cookbook. I'll start with the cookbook which was produced by the people she works with. It has recipe after recipe I can cook except the elephant soup, I can't cook that. The first I'm going to try this weekend is the bbq bacon wrapped shimp which is the first recipe in the book. Forgive me if I butcher the pics.

{{gwi:1467494}}
Second was local. Some buckeye chocolate and peanut butter candies which are delicious and in a cool package and some Cincinatti chili which Alison was kind of tentative about because of the reputation Texas has for chili. I'll let you guys that aren't from Texas in on a little secret. I, and many others I suspect, are fine with the old standy when fall hits here but after that it's no holds barred with taste experiments so this one will be enjoyed and hopefully expanded on. Alison also included a jar of Krema Natural crunchy peanut butter. I love this one. The ingredient lable has one word: Peanuts. This is the one my wife grabbed. I may have to arm wrestle her for some.

{{gwi:1467495}}
Now for the third category, homemade. Alison sent a set of blackberry jam, peach butter and spiced apple butter and my urge to make bisquits has never been greater!! I'm sitting here typing while looking at something someone made in Ohio and thats a very cool thing for me and we will enjoy every bit of it. I love the homemade things.

{{gwi:1467496}}
Thank you Alison for a great taste and feel of Ohio. My wife and I treasure each and every item

James

Comments (25)