Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks Doris (RuddMD)!

Posted by Cindy_5ny (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 19:46

I received a nice surprise from Doris this week....for helping her as a "decoy" in the last swap.

She sent a few more dishes to add to my hobnail collection and some great North Carolina treats - Carolina Cupboard Roasted Peanuts and Pecan Pralines! I'd post a pic, but it would be of the empty wrappers :)

Doris, I feel like I didn't do much to deserve this....but thank you so much, it is very much appreciated!

Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks Doris (RuddMD)!

Yes, I remember the swap decoy trick! Very clever!

That's "sweet" of you Doris!

o

You're welcome Cindy! I appreciated the help. I also owe HanArt a big "thank you" too.

Just when she least expects it. . . . . :D

o

Oh, no you don't!!! You sent more money than I needed to play the little decoy game. Don't you dare send me something else!

o
thanks again Doris!!!

Well she did. And it was a surprise. Perfect way to end the hurricane season.

We were getting ready to go to dinner last night with a visiting SIL and great-niece when the UPS man knocked ... so everyone got to enjoy the surprise.

Doris sent a bottle of RayLen wine from a local vineyard. I thought the graphic on the label resembled a hurricane eye, but didn't 'get' the Category 5 until I read the back label.

I told her Mike & I have opted out of an extended family invite for Christmas and we're planning our own little celebration, so this will be our dinner wine.

Like Cindy said, my little role in the decoy game didn't deserve this either, but it's definitely a special treat and I thank you!

o

Cindy, I just found this. That's perfect, a "category 5" wine. (snicker)

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here