SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

A Grand Gift from Granjan (Janet)

ann_t
17 years ago

I received my swap box today from Janet (Granjan) and it is perfect. Janet, Thank you so much. You really put together the most wonderful swap box for me, covering three of my favourite things. Here is what I found when I opened the box. Everything was {{gwi:1467448}}.

{{gwi:1467449}}

Janet sent me Thomas KellerÂs Bouchon Cookbook. This book is amazing. I love cookbooks with photos and this one has so many {{gwi:1467450}}. Moe has been checking out {{gwi:1467451}} as I type this post. He declared it a "Fabulous" cookbook. Needless to say he has found all kinds of wonderful things that he would like me too cook.

Here are a few more samples:

{{gwi:1467452}}

{{gwi:1467453}}

{{gwi:1467454}}

{{gwi:1467455}}

{{gwi:1467456}}

Well you canÂt get much more local than what Janet sent. PeetÂs is a Berkeley institution and Janet sent me two half pound bags of their coffee beans. Two different blends. J R Reserve Blend and Major DickasonÂs Blend. I havenÂt tried the Major Dickason Blend yet, but I can tell you that the J. R. Reserve is delicious. I made a pot in my French Press to sip while typing up this post.

Which brings us to

{{gwi:1467457}}

Janet is known for her baking, especially her cookies and she baked me two very special kinds. The first is {{gwi:1467458}} and the recipe was her motherÂs "Claim to Fame". And I can understand why. Very delicate shortbread type buttery wafers with a pink filling. Melt in your mouth delicious. These are addictive. And the second cookie is an {{gwi:1467457}} that was her Grandmothers recipe. Janet says that this cookie actually contains baby food "carrots". And although you all know by now that I donÂt eat carrots, I do love carrot cake, and these cookies are so good they wonÂt last long. Besides the orange, there is also coconut in them and to really put them over the top they are iced. Moe and I had a {{gwi:1467459}} with our coffee. Janet packed the cookies well in a lovely box, and just to be on the safe side she wrapped them in a "cheater gift" , an apron with the name of her restaurant. IÂm sure that the apron really kept the cookies all in one piece. LOL!

Janet also included a lovely note and a very sweet inscription in the Cookbook.

Janet, Thanks again. I really , really love...

Comments (36)