SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

WANTED: New Swap Guidelines

ann_t
18 years ago

Because the forum is now open to anyone who wishes to join, and no membership fee is required, as word gets out we will be seeing a lot more new members. This is a good thing. But it makes planning a swap a little more difficult. In previous swaps the only condition was that a participant had to be a paid member of the cooking forum. This gave us a small feeling of security. Now that the forums are open to the public I think it is important to create a few rules. I've heard from some members that they are nervous about giving out their names and addresses to complete strangers with whom they haven't at least formed an online relationship.. We have had very few problems in the past and it would be nice if we could keep it that way.

IÂve been giving some thought as to how we can address these concerns. The simplest thing to do would be to put in place this eligibility rule  In order to participate in a Cooking Forum swap you must be a REGULAR participating member of the Cooking Forum for a minimum of three months prior to the Swap. This means that in the three months prior to the swap a new member must post enough times to be considered an ACTIVE member and not just a lurker.

I know that everyone was looking forward to our next swap scheduled to start sometime after the New Year. IÂm thinking that it would make more sense now to wait until March. This would give anyone who recently became a member and anyone who signs up between now and the end of the year an opportunity to participate.

If you arenÂt familiar with our Swap/Exchange, read some of the threads that are still available here on the Exchange forum. There are quite a few threads left from our last swap. If you have any questions please donÂt hesitate to ask.

Ann

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations