SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riverrat1

Whoa! This box is amazing!

riverrat1
17 years ago

Im going crazy with excitement! This is an incredible swap package from Barbra (coronabarb). DH keeps laughing at me because IÂm jumping from computer to camera trying to get the perfect shots of the gifts! This package deserves the very best of descriptions and pictures! I can tell (and so will you) how much time, love ;-) and patience went into putting this together for me. I am so appreciative and grateful.

After being out most of the day I arrived home to my swap box!

{{gwi:1467427}}
It was so nice to open it and see nice fall colors instead of peanuts!

{{gwi:1467428}}
Barb has separated my gifts into 3 categories but I have lots to show you!

This olive oil is from a wonderful company based in ÂOld Town" Temecula. She says this basil infused olive oil is one of her favorites that she has tried from this company. I can just taste it now on a wonderful homegrown tomato next summer. I don't think I'll wait until next summer to try this. The cookbook has some wonderful recipes that I canÂt wait to try. One being the Tattooed Potatoes that both Barb and I will be trying soon. IÂll post pics and the recipe later in the week when I Âdo them. This makes for a nice set of one category!

{{gwi:1467429}}
Now, yaÂll are not gonna believe my handmade item category! Some handmade soap (top of picture in the cellophane) from somebodyÂs garden ;-), tangerine marmalade from California State Citrus Historic Park in Riverside (this is going to be a yummy favorite), 2 chile ristas and loose chilies that Barb grew in her own garden, dried citrus slices (Valencia orange, young grapefruit and lime) in a beautiful decorative ring and dried powdered whole lemons, limes and oranges to sprinkle on foods or in drinks. Barb grew, dried and powdered all of these things. I will use all of this and love it! The loose peppers and the jar of dried crushed pepper are from her friend who literally wrote the book on heirloom tomatoes. The original seeds came from Calabria, Italy! I will save my seeds from the dried peppers so I can grow my own next year. IÂm very very excited about this.

{{gwi:1467430}}
{{gwi:1467431}}

IÂm not sure I can write in words what I almost did when I saw the next item. Needless to say I had to take a break, sit down, and read these seed packets. IÂm unbelievably stunned by this. I will be able to grow a rare French heirloom lettuce (I will start these now), a Beaver Dam pepper that was brought over from Hungary around 1929, PrudenÂs Purple tomato that is a favorite of Barbs, Jaune Flammee French tomato and Noire Charbonneuse tomato (black Russian). The picture only has 4 seed packets but I have 5 packets. I found a packet after I had taken pictures and read Barbs letter.

{{gwi:1467432}}
{{gwi:1467433}}
Barbs letter to me was extremely informative of everything she sent me which I am very grateful for. Barb, IÂm sure IÂll be e-mailing you when itÂs time to start these seeds.

I can tell you took care and time preparing my package for me and IÂm so grateful. This package will continue to give back to me for many years.

Thank you Barb. IÂm touched beyond words.

Karen

Comments (44)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths