SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
granjan_gw

Beverley Is Clairvoyant!

granjan
16 years ago

Just after we sat down to our pre-theater dinner there was a soft rap on the door! We have a really loud door bell but this was such a quiet knock only 2 of us heard it. Must be one of those soliciters.

Norm went to the door and comes back saying,"Janet ordered something again." But of course I hadn't and why would FedEx deliver at 7p.m.? I guess Beverly gets special service!

Anyway, there was no time to even figure out who it was from. We had to eat and run. And the play was a long one, so there was only time to load the dishwasher and go to bed.

But this morning I had a wonderful reward after putting away all the dishes. Three lovely packages all for me!

Bevely's note said that she felt she couldn't get me her favorite things "because they're little cheapo things I knew you already had." Well, maybe not, but as a collector of kitchen things I do have drawers full of gadgets. So, she goes on, "I sent you things that I would like to have."

Well, Beverly, I think anyone would like these things, but I am absolutely crazy about them. And in fact I have had thoughts about getting all 3 of these things in the last few weeks! Really!

From smallest to largest, the way I opened them.

I just spotted this large size bench scraper a week ago when I went to the restaurant supply store. I have 2 regular ones, plastic and stainless, that I use everyday to transfer things from the area where I chop, across the kitchen to my stove. And with a larger size I could actually get it all in one trip. But I resisted, I guess because Beverly already had one for me! I will use it everyday! (Or at least on the days when I cook!)

Can you believe that salt box was just unwrapped? Doesn't it look like it has always been in my kitchen? I always look at salt containers to replace the ugly plastic salsa/jam jar I use for salt & hide in the cupboard. I have never found one that looked good enough to keep out on the counter. But Beverly did!

Now the last gift was actually 2 boxes. And this is where the ESP thing gets really scary. In the last couple weeks I've had people to dinner about 4 times. And each time I've said I really need some small pretty bowls for side dishes on the table. I have lots of big bowls and platters but when there are just 3 or 4 of us they are too much. And I realized I could use a couple more stainless serving spoons. While swap shopping I found a couple perfect spoons and bought them. And Beverly bought the dishes!

They will go well with any dishes I use and are a perfect size for so many things. And they stack make it easy to store.

Here's everything.

I only wish my package was as perfect for my partner as these lovlies are for me. Beverly you are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Janet

Comments (29)

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

excellent box. i just looked at that food scoop and said i would "put it on my list". your salt box is wonderful and looks excellent on your counter. and the bowls are perfect.

great box of goodies you received from bev -- who better buy some of those things for herself !!!!

maryanne

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

Janet, I truly love that salt box. I have been admiring them for the longest time, but I didn't know if they are airtight since I live in a humid climate. It looks as if it's always been on your counter. I like the food scoop as well, it's a definite timesaver. The bowls are lovely, and they will go with everything! Great job, Beverly, take a bow!!!
    DONNA

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

That is a great package! Beverly, you did a super job of hitting the nail on the head! I love the idea of the favorites that Beverly would love to have and how perfect that they are what you wanted all along, Janet! I love the salt box, so pretty and it is a perfect match. I totally love those bowls, they are really nice! Perfect package! Enjoy, granjan!

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

I keep meaning to get one of those food scoops and I love the salt box. It goes perfectly with your other things. Nice serving bowls too.
    Clare

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

How cool..I really love it all!

• arabellamiller
    16 years ago

Nicely done Beverley! I am in love with the salt box. I've always wanted one of those.

Enjoy all your wonderful items!

AM

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Great gifts. You are so right those bowls go with everything, and neat food scoop!
    Beverly you did a great job, I think Janet likes your favorites!

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Don't think I've ever seen a better match with kitchen decor than that salt box! We bow to your expertise, Beverly! A very nice swap package for Janet.....Teresa

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

Love the salt box! I collect vintage salt boxes and that one is a keeper! Very cute!!

Also like the serving bowls and such a pretty shade of white and very elegant design too.

Very cool food scoop and that is something everyone could use!

Nice job Beverly and enjoy our new goodies!

Michelle

• granjan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh dear. I said I rewarded myself for putting away the dishes from the night before by opening my swap box. What I neglected to say was I hadn't done a real cleanup of the stove and counters! And you can see that in the salt box picture. You are probably going to kick me off the forum. I know most of you wouldn't go to bed with the stove looking like that, let alone make it to mid-morning! I'm embarassed.

• ritaotay
    16 years ago

Your stove is dirty????

Looks like a reflection of the spoon caddy and salt box to me...

Love your kitchen colors!

Rita

• Marigene
    16 years ago

Jan, that salt box matches your counters perfect; it is almost as if Beverly had been in your kitchen! I love the size of the little dishes; they look perfect for two people. The food scoop is one of the greatest inventions. Beverly, you did a great job and I know that Jan will enjoy everything.

• ann_t
    16 years ago

Wow, that is one great swap box. I love the bowls and the salt holder but it is the food scoop that I covet. Well done Beverly. You couldn't have matched Janet's kitchen any better.

Enjoy Janet.

Ann

• BeverlyAL
    16 years ago

I admit to doing a little bit of spying on you Janet, but it was difficult to find out anything because you make yourself so scarce around here. I'm glad you like your gifts and I think your stove looks fine.

Beverly

• granjan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I admit I haven't been as active for the last 6-8 months. (Besides I think maybe I'm sometimes too opinionated. I've been working on listening!) Feels like the whole year has escaped me! I can't believe that it's almost the holidays again.

But you really did an amazing job. I'm so thrilled with my new treasures.

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

This is awesome! I love the salt box especially and you know that I love the food scoop...it is a gadget after all.

• chancesmom
    16 years ago

That salt box is really pretty and you are right, it matches perfectly. Little bowls like that are very useful!

great job, Beverly.

• lori316
    16 years ago

Wow, Beverly, that salt box is a perfect match. And now I'm on the hunt for a food scoop - that's the dangerous thing about these swaps, there's always such cool stuff, we end up finding out how many things there are out there that we didn't know we "need".

Janet, enjoy your gifts. And if you saw the way I left my kitchen this morning in my hurry, you wouldn't be embarrassed at all. Thank you for letting us into your home. :)

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

That salt dish is beautiful and looks like it was made to go with your other pottery. Love the food scoop, that will sure be handy. Love the shape of those side dishes! Enjoy your swap package!

Shelley

• brenda55
    16 years ago

Terrific salt box, love the colors. Really nice serving bowls, too. The food scoop is a clever idea I hadn't seen. Great swap box.

Brenda

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

I was lucky to have Beverly as a swap partner EONS ago. LOL. So I know what a super box she puts together - she's a super lady! Enjoy your lovely items granjan.

• sigh
    16 years ago

Wow! Gorgeous even before you got the wrapping off (I just did the trite "brown paper packages tied up with string). But I cannot believe how perfect the salt box is. Love the dishes, the prep taxi...love it all.

But...you waited until the NEXT MORNING to open your box?! I would have been tossing and turning all night.

Nina

• Bizzo
    16 years ago

That Salt box DOES look like it's always been there! It's beautiful (and so is your kitchen). It's perfect on that counter.

Your swap is really great... Nice job!!

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

Nina, it was peppermint striped string and I thought your brown paper packages tied up with string were charming. Your packages reminded me of when I was a kid and some stores would wrap the package with string - sometimes attaching a wood and wire handle if it was heavy or special.

Beverly, wonderful matching to granjan's kitchen with that salt box. And the squarish side dish bowls are pretty and practical.

Granjan, I must admit that my stove doesn't always get a before bed clean-up either. At least it shows that it is cooked on rather than a show piece. :^)

• alison
    16 years ago

Beverley those items are really beautiful! The salt cellar really looks like it belongs, and the bowl is so elegant -- what's the name?

The food scoop looks so useful, too! I know you'll enjoy them all Janet -- and waking up to a clean kitchen is supposed to be reward enough -- but to have such lovely items waiting for you is doubly nice!

• annie1992
    16 years ago

That salt box does match Janet's kitchen perfectly, Beverly,you did a great job.

I like those bowls too, they would go with so many things and are such a useful size.

I was really impressed with that white package, though, all tied up with ribbon. Mine is usually all tied up in bubble wrap, LOL, and Beverly's look so pretty....

Annie

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

My shopping list is growing longer as I go through these threads. I love the food scoop....added to list!

How perfect the salt box looks in your kitchen and the bowls are lovely.

Enjoy your box Janet.

Beverly, really great job!

• ziporion
    16 years ago

Riverrat, I couldn't agree more, now I have the salt box to add to my list!

Janet, your stove looks fine, no need to be embarassed. You should see mine some days!

I've not seen one of those food scoops before, and I think I might also need to consider adding that to my never ending list.

What a beautiful collection!

Catherine

• jessyf
    16 years ago

Beverly, looks like you really got personal, perfect things for Janet! Congrats!