SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weed30

Safe, Sound & Heavenly!

weed30 St. Louis
17 years ago

I *finally* made it to the post office today to pick up my package from........Chase!!!!(Sharon) And what a package!

First, oh, heavenly first, there was the homemade/handmade ~

Sharon enclosed a note, mentioning that the pickles should be refrigerated first, since they are much better cold. Well guess what ~ they are FABULOUS at room temperature! And they are also beautiful - check out this closeup, with the lovely dill flower heads.

On to the Chile sauce, which of course I didn't wait to taste either. Sharon described it as something popular in Canada, a sweet-sour-tart-with a kick sauce. A very apt description, and it is delish! She suggested using it on burgers, dogs, egg dishes and meatloaf. (I have already had 3 spoonfuls, so I am not sure it will survive long enough to see any companion foods.)

Next is a very cool looking bottle of

made in the region where Sharon lives. I am very excited to get this, as I've been curious about Ice Wines but have never tried one. The Ice Wines from this area are considered the best in the world, so I can't wait to try this. (BTW, Sharon is now wanted in Canada AND the U.S., since at the very least, it's illegal to ship wine. Look for her photo at a post office near you.)

Now ~YAY!~ Sharon was kind enough to respond to my blatant request for

Thank you!! I have already flipped through it, and there are some outstanding recipes. I am definitely not a vegetarian, but wanted a good book for making more interesting side dishes. This absolutely fits the bill. Here is a
that will be #1 to prepare. I adore fennel!

Here is

Sharon, thank you so much for a perfectly wonderful package! I love everything!

I must now work on clever plans to snag continued shipments of dills and chile sauce.size=-3>

Comments (43)