SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
netla

Island to island my swap package arrived!

netla
17 years ago

The mail carrier rang the bell just after 8 p.m. and delivered a large mailer which could be books from TitleTrader  or possibly my Gardenweb swap package. It turned out to be the latter.

My package came from Lori in Rhode Island.

The first thing I pulled out of the mailer was a cookbook: Modern Greek by Andy Harris. It's a large format book and has many mouthwatering photographs of the dishes. Despite the title, it contains many traditional Greek dishes, like Spanakopita (spinach pie), Kourabiedes (shortbread Christmas cookies), Baklava and halva. Thank you so much Lori! I love Greek food and did not have a Greek cookbook in my collection. I think I will make some Kourabiedes for Christmas.

The second thing I pulled out was a gorgeous home-made cookbook with my name on it. It has photo pockets for pages, which will come in handy for keeping clipped and hand-written recipes. Included are some recipes from Lori, a mixture of family and forum favourites.

The last thing was tin of Nantucket Rub, a spice mix for fish that I look forward to trying.

Lori, thank you for a wonderful swap package.

Comments (28)