SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinkateb

HAVE: Nothing, I am keeping everything in my package from Zipori

robinkateb
17 years ago

Yesterday as I was driving home I was thinking about the swap package I sent out and how it was being delivered that day. Then I thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if mine is delivered today as well. Well, when the boys and I walked onto our porch there was a box smiling up at me. Hows that for timing?

I could see immediately that it had a customs label on the outside and so I happily declared, "Cool, my swap partner is from another country." My boys by the way had no response, there were two bags of mostly candy on my porch as well left by the realtor we used to buy this house. They had other things on their mind.

Well I carried everybody's loot inside and sneakiy read the customs declaration,

Wow, my partner did not cheat and I am so excited, I love smoked salmon and so does Lewis, and the trivet is perfect as I am starting to set dishes on the table I need some. Wonder what the trivet looks like.

Well I went in the house and in my excitement to get into the package I let my boys eat some of their new found candy, (That's okay, I already lost mommy of the year that morning when I told Sebastian, "Fine, climb over the gate into the living room. You will fall and hurt yourself and we will have to go to the hospital and miss trick or treating but go ahead." He stopped climbing and asked me to help him over. LOL). When I opened the box

is what i saw. Carp, now I really want to open them and I have no idea where the camera is. So I took the
out of the box. I cannot open them until I find the camera as everyone needs to see that these towels were really only for gift wrapping purposes. Although there is always the customs declaration to prove they are not part of my gift. Hmm, maybe if I squish the packages I can tell what type of a cookbook and trivet I have.

Then my doorbell rand and my next door neighbor was there with my camera in his hand. Hallelujah the suspense might have killed me. So I happily tore off the paper and found my gifts.

The

is a reproduction of a local Yukon artist work on a trivet. the artist mostly does batik. Well it is just beautiful, and we will always think of Catherine when we use it.

The

looks delicious. I am looking forward to using it for pasta with asparagus as well, or maybe another dish I find in my wonderful new
How to Cook Everything by Mark Bitman. This book looks great. I have already found several recipes I would love to make (and post over on the thread on discussions). In addition it has lots of great background information and tips. I have mostly specialty cookbooks so basics are what I need. In addition it seems to have many great vegetable dishes and in the summer (and now winter) I am often trying to find creative uses for our farm share. Plus I really respect the James Beard awards and this one is a winner. However the biggest bonus of this book is it is one of Catherine's favorites. I love getting to know people through swaps.

Catherine, I love everything!! Thank you so much for the great gifts. Now if you will excuse me I have to go read my new cookbook (oh I love new cookbooks) and eat more of my kids Halloween candy ;-)

-Robin

Comments (44)