SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessyf_gw

Killer goodies from KatieC!

jessyf
15 years ago

Oh yeah I got my package from Katie! WellÂ. truth be told I got it a few days agoÂ. but she forgot one item so I patiently and politely waited until the last piece arrived to post. Yeah, thatÂs right.

Katie sent me local goodies! She must know I love beer can chicken  here is a new piece to add to my collection*. This bowl, made by local potter Bruce Sondahl, is my favorite color, blue. Katie has told me that he has an Âhonor system by which people pick the pieces they want and leave payment in an unattended area. Trust! The BBQ sauce that goes with it (still counting as one item) is another local creation. Yum!

Number Two in the package was an incredible zebrawood angled spatula that Katie and her daughter picked out for me. I had to fight off my husband. IÂll tell him weÂll have to go up to KatieÂs area on a trip so he can pick out one for himself, instead. I bet he takes me up on it.

Number Three in the package is something special and personal that Katie knew I would appreciate. Katie knows I am a huge public library fan. I am always calling her Âmy favorite librarianÂ. She wrote: ÂI struggled over the paper item. I finally decided to send one of the last of the Library Lady Cookbooks. You are one person who truly appreciates your library and I thought you would enjoy reading the excerpts from the ladies minutes over the years. This book was originally printed in 1948, again in 1988, and in 1998 we added recipes and new pictures for the final reprintÂ. Katie, IÂm honored. IÂve already shared one of the recipes on Discussions. Most of the recipes seem to be intact from the period and I can easily update the ones I want to tweak. Mostly they evoke the warmth of a different era. I love thumbing through and reading the notes!

Here is what the book looks like inside. Katie also sent some local visitor magazines:

Here is the package all together:

THANK YOU Katie! I love it all!

* Adele/catlover sent me the

in another swap. Now I have a solution for when I want to make two chickens!

Comments (19)