SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyllis_philodendron

WANTED: to know - who did you ship with?

My swap partner shipped my box UPS. Generally I don't use them (they really mangled a box of cookies we sent once, but that was years ago) and use the post office. However, I shipped my box Monday (yes, swap partner, it's coming!) and they have yet to even enter it into their tracking system! I'm wondering exactly where the thing is then? Probably hasn't gotten as far as Buffalo after two days...grrr.

The post office has generally been good to me and only lost one package I sent to a buyer through eBay. It was never recovered (a bizarre twist where it got delivered to his old address? I think the new owner kept it, actually). One package took forever and a day to get from New York to like Oregon or somewhere in the Pacific Northwest but did eventually get there.

Comments (21)

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

I used UPS this time; though, I usually use FedEx. I only chose UPS because it was closest. For me...UPS seems to take too long. I haven't tried tracking it.

• Gina_W
    17 years ago

I used US Priority Mail - Shipped Friday and it went cross-country by Monday. They don't provide tracking or insurance though (extra).

• Related Discussions

WANTED: wanting to know who sent me fire bush cuttings?

Q

Comments (1)
    Searched my notes and it was Avis, sent her email, ok
    ...See More

WANTED: Swap partner, I want you to know...

Q

Comments (9)
    I'm finally making progress. Part one arrived in the mail today, part 2 should be done by the end of this week. Part 3 is easy and then voila, my package will go west (hint hint). :D No preschool this week so I need to get creative in tethering the children while I pick things up! LOL I did finally get to go out with only one kid, which made it easier. The weather finally let up enough that I could get out. Sarah was quiet or asleep most of the time, which helped!
    ...See More

New cast of DWTS revealed - for those who want to know

Q

Comments (19)
    LIndy, I havent watched in in quite a while, but if you turn on the news, open up the computer,turn on the radio, etc, you get to hear about a lot of things. seems like people got their panties in a wad because a republican that couldn't dance was NOT voted out on the 1st or 2nd round, let alone staying around for quite a while. lol plus, they really aren't getting a b or c list celebs anymore. Just my opinion, but I think that's what drove people last season. And i have to admit the list above I don't know a lot of them. But i might take a peek or two.
    ...See More

The Voice. I don't know who I want to win ... spoiler probably

Q

Comments (1)
    I agree, it was hard to choose a favorite this year. They had much better talent this year.Enjoy the finale, I won't be a spoiler anyway! LOL
    ...See More
  • blueiris24
    17 years ago

I generally use USPS because it's more convenient, but this time I went with UPS. There is something about having that big brown truck drive up your street and stop at your house . . . . When I worked we always used DHL and they were great.

• chancesmom
    17 years ago

I used UPS...paid for 5 to 7 day delivery and it took 10. My spam filter would not let the tracking confirmation email thru so I had to do it manually. I think crossing borders does just take longer.....

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

I used to use Fed Ex until they lost my swap parcel to Lori a few years back and basically siad...too bad, so sad! Will never use them again.

Now I use Canada Post Expresspost and have had great luck. It's pricey but I like the automatic insurance (after the Lori thing!)and the tracking. I also hope against hope that the fact it goes Air and Express "scoots" it through customs...this time I'm not so sure!

The tracking message for the last two days has said
    "International package has arrived in destination country"...doesn't seemed to have moved YIKES!

• ann_t
    17 years ago

Like Sharon, I ship with Canada Post. The cost is much lower than UPS and I haven't had a problem. So far....touch wood! I like that I can track it and it includes insurance.

Ann

• dgkritch
    17 years ago

I used US Priority Mail. Shipped on Monday, arrived on Wednesday (I think).

I still hold my breath no matter who I ship with. SHTUFF happens.
    Deanna

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    17 years ago

I ship USPS priority mail, it got to Lars within 3 days. The package is usually delivered by time they post the information! UPS is convenient here but they charged me much more than the Post Office.

• maggie2094
    17 years ago

I sent US Postal Service. It arrived in 3 days. Gina, you can track - it is an additional charge. I think it was less than a dollar for my package.

Janet, I had sent you an email. Don't think you got it. Your package arrived with the customs form missing and one half of the box ripped open enough that the peanuts were falling out. I almost didn't open it and was going to call UPS right away to report the damage. Then I realized I was able to get into it without it looking like I opened it in case anything was damaged from them! Lucky the bracelet didn't slip out and everything was perfect! I wanted to let you know because it probably cost a fortune and now you just said it took 10 days.

It was a happy ending but I still think they have alot of nerve deliverying a package like that with obvious damage and no form. Don't know if it is worth the trouble to complain. I probably would.

• stacy3
    17 years ago

Sometimes UPS sometime Priority Mail ...this time Priority Mail. It hasn't arrived yet, so not sure how happy I am...It should tomorrow.

• Terri_PacNW
    17 years ago

I sent USPS Priority..With Delivery Confirmation..I think it's 55cents..however..they are never timely with the updating of that service..But it's a bit of insurance that you did send a package if it ever gets lost.

• Terri_PacNW
    17 years ago

It says that it arrived!

• msrevise
    17 years ago

I've had bad experiences with the USPS around here at least, so i usually use UPS and have never had a problem, also seems to get there quicker. I used Fedex this time for various reasons, and it took longer than i expected b/c it sat in the destination state for a couple days. Tracking kept saying that it wasn't due for delivery. Otoh, w/UPS, i find it often gets there faster than they predict.

• phyllis_philodendron
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, delivery confirm is .55 depending on what class it's going, I think. So that's nice as it tells you when you sent it out and where it's going (I used this a lot for eBay when I sold stuff.)

Sharon, when they lost your package to Lori, what did you do?! That would be awful!

We've gotten several pieces of mail that looked open/rifled through. One just HAPPENED to be our investment portfolio information! We were pretty shocked and NOT very happy. But usually they are okay. I just love it when they 'accidentally' rip the cover off a magazine and the whole thing comes to you in a plastic bag....

I've been ordering from LL Bean lately and they use FedEx. Two things that tick me off: they haven't given me an estimated date of delivery through their site (and neither does Fed Ex) and while they're supposed to get a signature, they don't. One item was dropped off at the porch with DH and when I looked at the delivery info on Bean's site, for signature it said "P. Orch." WHATever! The second item I ordered about a week later looked like it had been tossed on the floor of my back porch, right in the way of traffic. WTH?

• lindainct
    17 years ago

I used UPS for years then started using USPS Priority and everything has been great but now I am getting nervous. I sent my swap package on Monday and apparently it hasn't arrived yet and their tracking is useless. At least with UPS it has up to the minute information for each stop on its route.

• dlundin
    17 years ago

USPS Priority, baby. I don't think I'll ever ship another way again. Fast, reliable and cheap.

• Lars
    17 years ago

Also USPS Priority - not much more cost than parcel post, and I don't trust UPS with fragile items (They're really bad with lamp shades). Also, if you ship to Canada, the post office handles the customs, whereas UPS has to use a broker, and you never know what that will cost. I sometimes print my shipping label and postage on line, but since I have to take the package to the PO anyway, I usually pay for postage there. I always print international shipping labels on line because they print with customs forms. I sent mine on Monday and I believe it was delivered in CT on Wednesday, much like the package that was sent to me from New York. However, since I was not home at delivery time, I received it early Thursday morning (7:00 AM!).

I sent Renée's package via UPS, and it took a very circuitous route, although I don't remember details.

Lars

• dedtired
    17 years ago

UPS. It's covenient for me and I like their tracking system. The guy who works in our PO is a jerk, the parking is difficult and the lines are long, so it's Brown for me.

I have to say I could have saved two bucks with USPS on my package which is getting close to it's destination via UPS.

Pam

• lowspark
    17 years ago

USPS even though they mangled and lost part of my swap package in the last swap. But I figure that sort of thing can happen.

This time I sent it priority with confirmation, sent it monday afternoon and it arrived wednesday so my experience was completely opposite of last swap.

Also, I found that if you sign up for the email notification it works much better than checking the web. My email notifications came very quickly, whereas the web didn't get updated till hours later.

I've never tried UPS or Fedex, but the post office near my house AND the post office near my work both have great people working there. The one near my work, most of them know me (I used to do lots of ebay mailing).

I made the mistake of going to a different PO once, and they were complete idiots. I walked out of there without mailing the package I wanted to send and swore to never return.

• Virginia7074
    17 years ago

I shipped USPS priorty this morning. The kicker was that they had absolutely no confirmation forms, so they suggested I use the self-serve kiosk if I wanted confirmation. Well, there weren't any out there either, so I hope like he** that it gets there Monday or Tuesday.

• blueiris24
    17 years ago

I checked my UPS tracking code today and it doesn't give me any information, other than my package is scheduled to arrive "on time" and that according to them, that would be November 8. So hopefully my partner will be getting their package on WEDNESDAY . . . . .

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County