Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Holy Moly, Oly!!!!

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 7, 06 at 10:35

Yesterday was my day off and I was home entertaining bids from heating contractors when the mail person showed up at my door with a huge box!
It was my swap package from OLY!(yasou) Perfect timing, girlfriend! Well, I ripped into it right away and here is what I found!

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

This was Oly's first swap and she said in her note that she struggled with her choices. No need to struggle, everything is perfect for me! First there is the most wonderful set of hand painted mojito glasses, and a muddler! These took my breath away! I would have used them to make a mojito last night if I would have had club soda on hand! Fabulous! These will get used often!

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Since I couldn't partake in a mojito, I figured I better taste the wine she sent! LOL A wonderful Frances Coppola winreies Merlot. MMMM, I had a glass last night, very, very good! I am going to see if I can get this around here!

Next was a rachel Ray cookbook, "365 No Repeats". Lots of good, easy recipes in this one. Tonight I will be making the Florentine Meatballs. I am a fan of Rachel, and Oly chose this cookbook based on my comments on one of the RR threads!

Lastly, a cute bag of pretzels dipprd in caramel and chocolate that she made!!! You can't tell from the photo, but there are two missing from the bag already! And Tim dug into them as soon as he got home, too! These are heavenly and I dare say they will not last long!

Oly, thank you so much for the lovely gifts! If this is the kind of package you can put together for your first swap, I think you should participate in many more swaps so everyone gets the opportunity to experience your generosity and good taste! I love everything, and will think of you whenever I use the glasses and cookbook!

Thank you!

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Holy Moly, Oly!!!!

Wow! Those mojito glasses are really neat! The wine sounds wonderful! Gotta love that cookbook! I can't even get through a "no repeat" week! Enjoy!

Great job Oly!

o

Oly makes candy!? You better keep swappin' girl! Linda I can vouch for that cookbook since I sent one to Tracey and will be getting one for myself. It looks like RR's best yet.

o

Very nice job, Oly! Those mojito glasses are very cool! And your wine selection sounds like it was a hit with Linda! I love dipped pretzels, my Mom sends a big bag every Christmas and hers are dipped in white and milk chocolate. I can understand how quickly they'll disappear.

I've heard lots about Rachel Ray and look forward to seeing a recipe, really like that she's easy and creative.

Great swap package!

Catherine

o

Those glasses look very festive...party on! Homemade candy....how lucky Linda!

excellent choices Oly

janet

o

Chocolate snacks and wine! Sounds like a perfect evening!
The glasses rock and I think I could spend several days pouring over the cookbook.
Way to go!
Deanna

o

Very nice! I know how you feel, Oly. Last swap was my first and I was in a panic. You did very well on every item. Lucky Linda. She can drink wine form a mojito glass while eating those candy dipped pretzels and reading Rachel Ray! Ah -- you should have included a spa tub to complete the picture.

Pam

o

What great stuff. I don't drink Mojitos, but those would make fun Ice Tea glasses too.

What's not to love about 30 minute meals!

o

I love mojito's, and I love those mojito glasses!! What a great bunch of goodies, Oly!!

o

What fun! Just a really fun parcel, love those glasses.

Great job Oly , you're a pro!

Enjoy Linda!

o

Those glasses are too cute. The chocolate & caramel pretzels sound heavenly! I agree, this is definitely a FUN package!!

o

I can vouch for that merlot as we drank the whole bottle Sunday evening. The chocolate and carmel pretzels will be a big hit, and those glasses are the best. My friend just cookbook the RR cookbook and says it is the best RR cookbook ever. Enjoy!

o

Linda, you look like you hit the jackpot. Love the glasses> Nicemn first, Oly.

o

I don't know what mojitas are - I thought it was a Puerto Rican salsa! I do love the glasses, however. Does it include a recipe for mojita?

I much prefer homemade pretzels to the commercial ones - those sound very tasty!

Lars

o

Lars, Mojitos are wonderful! I grow my own spearmint exclusively for these! Your limes would be proud to become a mojito! LOL

Bacardi Mojito (say 'mohito,' and enjoy!)

1.5 oz BACARDI Rum
12 fresh spearmint leaves
1/2 lime
7 oz club soda
2 tbsp. simple syrup
(or 4 tsp. sugar)

For the smoothest majitos, gently crush mint leaves and lightly squeeze lime in a cool tall glass. Pour simple syrup on top to cover and fill glass with ice. Add Bacardi Rum, club soda, and stir your emerging mojito well. Garnish with a lime wedge, a few sprigs of mint, toast, sip, and enjoy Bacardi mojitos with your friends.

Linda

o

You GROW YOUR OWN SPEARMINT FOR MOJITOS? Oh man Oly ya did good GF! and I got to hear each and every 'struggle' as to what went into the *#^%$@#!!! box

Enjoy your mojitas mojitos majitos *hick* whatever Linda!

o

Dang that is a box. I'm cutting and pasting the mojitos, never heard of them but it sounds like a super summer time drink. Fantastic package Oly!

o

LOVE the mojito glasses -- I have a friend who would adore those -- very thoughtful swap package. Enjoy!

o

Wow Oly, you wouldn't know that you were a swap virgin. You put together a great swap box for Linda.

Ann

o

That is a great swap box. Lars, you are not alone in not being familiar with Mojitos, but they sound yummy. The cookbook looks very useful, and the chocolate pretzels,..what's not to like about them!

Sally

o

Great box. Love those glasses, and mojitos are the best!

o

Well Oly you sure did your first swap up right !

Aren't those glasses fun ! An RR's recipes are great fixings when you need something quick--

And caramel & chocolate-- what's not to love-- 'specially with a little wine .

o

That package is so colorful! I see Mojitos at all the bars, but believe it or not, I've never ordered one. Maybe next time ;)

Oly, you did great!

o

Love the mojito glasses--so fun!--and homemade chocolate pretzels, can't beat that! What a great package!

o

Cool. I have that cookbook, too.

I want a muddler! I grow mint just for mojitos. I love the glasses and pretzels in chocolate sound divine...and homemade, too!

Cheers, Linda. Good job, Oly!

o

I love those glasses! How fun is this package?!!!

You did good Oly!

Linda enjoy your goodies. I'm looking forward to seeing those glasses filled with mojitos!

o

Yum!! Mojitos are delish! And no doubt will taste even better in those great glasses.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cool package! Have fun!!

o

Party at Linda's!! I love the glasses, they just look like fun and say to me "let's party!" I know you will enjoy the cookbook too. Enjoy Linda. Excellent package Oly!

David

o

Linda,
I'm glad you liked everything - it was great fun picking each item. I do have to thank Jessica for helping me do research, and for listening to my @#%&@#! struggles.

Oly

o

Linda, watch out, I may just have to make a trip to MN so that you can make me Mojitos!!!

Oly, nice swap pkg, you put some thought into a fun gift!!! Good going swap buddy!

Nancy

o

Is that a wooden muddler in the first glass? Spectacular! A buddy of mine makes the chocolate covered pretzels every year for Christmas -- far too limited distribution, I say.

And a nice cookbook. I like RR's shows.

Nice job, Oly -- enjoy your goodies, Linda!

o

Oh I love Mojitos! And I love Rachel Ray. My friend has that cookbook and she said it's incredible. I know you'll enjoy it, especially after a few Mojitos!

o

I love those glasses! Great package. Very colorful and fun. Perfect swap.

o

Oly, bravo on a first swap well done!! I love mojitos (it is becoming the "State Drink of Florida in my area) and those glasses are awesome! I love the colors! I've heard good reviews from the RR cookbook.

o

Great first swap box Oly! Very cute glasses. I think I need one or ten of those dipped pretzels.

I love the cookbook I have several recipes marked to try. I'm waiting for my new range so I can cook again.

Enjoy Linda!

Tracey

o

I love the glasses,

Pretzels dipped in chocolate and caramel, homemade, that sounds oh so good.

Holy Moly, Oly, you did a good!

Enjoy, Linda.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here