SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori316_gw

KatieC impressess me even more than usual

lori316
16 years ago

Katie, you rock!

So yesterday I got home from work and headed straight to the garden because it's getting cold out there and I had to save the rest of the tomatoes before last night's hard frost. As I'm picking tomatoes, I ask Bob for a big box. A lightbulb goes on over his head - "Hey you got a box today." (screw the garden. LOL)

It was from one of my CF idols, KatieC. Katie, I've always been a big fan of yours because of your wealth of knowledge, great recipes, generosity (boy, is she generous) and your work ethic - take a break, girl! LOL

As I said in my thank you letter last night to Katie, I sure hope she took pictures because I don't have a camera right now. If not, I will borrow my sister's because I want everybody to see my cool stuff.

The first thing I found was a bottle of local wine. Really the only wine I drink is Pinot Gris and that's what this is. Cool, cool, cool, with a pretty label. Bob and I will toast Katie with it this weekend. WooHoo!

Next was definitely one of MY favorites - a garlic press. In fact, it's identical to the one I used to have but mine broke and I've never found one I like more than that one. I'm thrilled to have it again. We love garlic in our house and this will get used often.

A tragic thing happend as Katie was packing the box. Some homegrown garlic accidentally fell in - a couple of different varieties, no less. Can you imagine?! Fortunately, I am the lucky recipient of this mishap. Thank goodness she didn't cheat, though.

Next, Katie read that I enjoy baking, and my favorite cookbooks are ones with lots of pictures. Let's face it - I need them. LOL She sent me The Taste of Home Baking book. It's huge with lots of quick and easy recipes that I know I will use. These will be great to let the kids experiment with too, on their own, as my 12 yr old is really starting to get an interest in baking (it's all about the chocolate). We will get alot of use out of this book, especially with holiday baking coming up.

As Katie said, the book has "down to earth recipes by real people." And ya know how she knows that? One of HER recipes is in the book! It's her garlic-herb bubble bread (monkey bread, which we love). It's right there. In my book. MY book. Now THAT'S cool.

One other thing I forgot to mention: Katie sent a postcard of her area with a note. When I get my sister's camera, I HAVE to take a picture of the view from my house. (as I said to Katie, the similarities are amazing.)

Katie, I hope you got my thank you letter last night. I know how Gweb mail can be sometimes. Thank you again for everything. You did an excellent job researching the way I live and cook (love to get the family involved, but usually quick meals on the go).

As I said, I've always had so much respect for Katie's talent. You're The Bomb, Katie! Thank you again!

Comments (18)