Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Package from Colorado!!!

Posted by mer4205 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 15, 06 at 8:56

I received my wonderful swap package from Erin last week!
So sorry about the delay in posting as my DSL is down AND last week was a hard week for me....

BUT, I received a huge cookbook by Maida Heatter-GREAT DESSERTS - I love it as it was published originally in 1974 and is a dessert bible...I will have to make some cookies and pies for Thanksgiving!...some great Colorado jelly, dip mixes and my favorite...sugar and spice roasted almonds! Erin, the DH would always buy these for me when we went to a fair or festival..

AND - a beautiful and colorful blue and yellow handmade pottery bowl which I have already used and looks great in my collection!

Thanks Erin!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Package from Colorado!!!

It all sounds wonderful! Are there any pics on the way? I'd love to see that bowl. And the cookbook. Mmmmmm.

Sally

o

Great package :-)

o

A giant dessert cookbook?? Now that's my idea of a great gift. The blue and yellow bowl sounds sort of Provence-ish. I hope you can post a picture. Now I am hungry for almonds.

o

Another score!

o

Maria, I'm sorry it was a difficult week for you, I'm sending hugs and good thoughts for you.

The cookbook sounds perfect to me, what's not to like about desserts? I also love those almonds, doesn't everyone?

The bowl sounds pretty. I suppose you could put the almonds in it but those would already be gone in my house, LOL.

Annie

o

MMMM....I can almost taste those almonds! The bowl sounds lovely and who wouldn't fall in love with a dessert cookbook?
Fabulous package, I hope one of you has pictures to post of it!

Linda

o

Maria - I can post a picture if you'd like--

o

It sounds wonderful to me. I would love to see that pottery bowl.

o

The bowl sounds very pretty! I would LOVE that dessert cookbook! My favorite course! I'd gobble those sugar and spiced almonds up right away! Yummy goodies! Enjoy!

Great job Erin!

o

Maria, I know you've been through a lot this year so I'm sending you a hug. I know you will enjoy your dessert cookbook, and that bowl sounds very beautiful.

o

Sounds like a great package, all of it! Hope you'll be able to post pics? In any event, I'm sure you'll enjoy the goodies!

Catherine

o

I'd love to see pictures!

Maria, I'm sending a cyber hug to you. Enjoy your wonderful package.

Erin, Sounds like Maria loves her package. You did a great job!

o

Maria what a nice package for you! Hope it brings you happiness as you bake some holiday treats.

Take care

Good job Erin!

o

Goodies from Colorado sound fantastic. Wow, have to go look that cookbook up. Very nice.

o

That bowl sounds like it was meant for MY KITCHEN! I love Maida Heatter recipes, she explains everything well.

o

Maria, I too am sorry you had a bad week.
I took a photo of the items before I sent them and am posting them so you don't need to worry about that.
The first category was homemade, and I sent some champagne wine jelly, raspberry jalapeno jam, dip mix and almonds from my region:

Maria said she liked bright things - for the homemade category, I sent this platter I found in a local art coop:

Maria had said she liked this author, Madia Heatter, and not being much of a baker I hadn't heard of her, but it sounds like I've been missing out:

I hope you enjoy them -- ((hugs))

o

Oh man, I love dessert!! That looks like a great cookbook, can't wait for a recipe. I'll fight you for some of those almonds Maria. Erin, great package and that platter is very cool and original. Enjoy it all Maria!

David

o

Maria I hope this week is better for you. The box of goodies Erin sent would definitely brighten my day.

The blue plate is gorgeous. It would look great in my house too! Like David I love dessert so I'm looking forward to recipes.

Enjoy Maria!

Tracey

o

Maria, I'm so sorry that you have been having a bad time. Hopefully this wonderful swap box from Erin will help to make things a little better.

That plate is beautiful. i love the design and all the colours.

And Madia Heatter's dessert cookbooks are great. I have her American Dessert Cookbook. Enjoy the homemade goodies too. I know that those almonds would be long gone in our house by now.

Ann

o

Maria, next week will be a better week...lots of positive thoughts for you!

Now that is a cool platter. One of a kind, I bet. The local goodies look yummy, the almonds would be gone immediately here, too.

I've looked through that cookbook, but never made anything from it, so I'm looking forward to recipes. Nice package, Erin.

o

ooh that platter is beautiful...so cool!

The homemade flavors look yummy too..

And what's not to love about a cookbook with recipes using chocolate in it.

o

All of the goodies look wonderful but...Oh WOW...I love that platter! The colors are just beautiful. It would look perfect in MY kitchen.

Enjoy your new cookbook, Maria. And, I hope things are settling down for you.

Erin, you put together a wonderful package. I'd gobble up the almonds as I was reading the cookbook trying to choose which new dessert to make.

Tricia

o

The platter is stunning, pretty colors and such a unique shape.

Jelly, jam, almonds and a dessert cookbook, you put together a super package Erin!

Maria, hoping each week will get better and better!

o

That plate is very definitely cheerful - I love the shape. The cookbook sounds great also, although personally I seldom make desserts any more, but I used to make tons of them.

I always associated almonds with California - nice to know that they grow them in Colorado as well. It's my favorite nut, after hazelnuts.

Hope your week is going better, Maria.

Lars

o

I love the plate!!! The cookbook is one of my favorites as are almonds. Great choices, Erin! Maria, enjoy your package!

o

Wow! I remember my sister raving about Maida when we were growing up and just getting to the stage of truning things we hadn't always eaten. The plate is really pretty, too and the jams -- sound spectacular!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here