SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katiec_id

Bri....ohmy...

KatieC
15 years ago

What a lovely package I found yesterday! I'm an Oregon girl, so Bri's treasures were a special treat.

First of all, I have a new sugar pot to replace our kind of ugly but functional ceramic one. The glaze looks sort of avocado on my screen, but it's a lovely (sea? sage?) green that goes well in my kitchen. Pewter finishes it out...see the cute little pewter spoon on the side. And inside was a little pewter four leaf clover. Nice touch and it appeals to my Irish half.

Wine truffles....mmmmm.....I should have upwrapped them where my family couldn't see...now I have to share. The Kid will want to slice them into exactly three pieces so we each get a taste, lol.

And a myrtlewood bowl. Myrtlewood grows on the Oregon coast and this bowl really makes me want a trip to the ocean. It's a nice piece of work.

Everything sits on the (ahem) "packing material", Bri's first crochet project. I am honored. She says she has been reading up on swap tricks, lol. The oatmeal colored afghan arrived just in time for our first snow last night and I made good use of it.

Also tucked in the box were treats for the critters. Bear, Lucky, Chico and Ozzy say Thanks.

Thank you, Bri...it's a delightful swap package.

Comments (21)

• chancesmom
    15 years ago

Both of those pieces are absolutely beautiful. What a lovely package. What a special, handmade treat! That afghan looks really beautiful.

Way to go Bri!

• riverrat1
    15 years ago

Ohmy is right! I love everything in this package! Great job Bri!

• arabellamiller
    15 years ago

Holy cow! Fabulous package. I'd love another pic of that afghan; it looks gorgeous. "Gorgeous" must have been the theme of your package, because the bowl and sugar pot fit the bill!

Enjoy.

AM

• compumom
    15 years ago

Wow, that's a great package! Her first attempt at crocheting? OMG, I could practice for years and not come up with something as nice and I love the sugar pot! Enjoy it all, but I know that you will!

• annie1992
    15 years ago

I just love the handmade stuff, it's special to put time into something and a whole afghan? Wow.

I love the sugar pot too, I've got a "wee bit 'O Irish" in me along with the Native American. The bowl? Well, you know how I like anything made of wood, so that's one great swap package you got, Katie.

As for those truffles, well, couldn't they get "lost" where no one could find them. Except you, of course? LOL

Annie

• artsyshell
    15 years ago

Great package! Love the sugar bowl and the myrtlewood bowl!The afghan is lovely and who doesn't like chocolates? Even better when they are made with wine. Love the card too! Great job Bri! Enjoy your beautiful package Katie!

Shelley

• ann_t
    15 years ago

Bri, you certainly know how to put together a memorable swap box. I love the sugar bowl. And the afghan. How special is that.

Ann

• Terri_PacNW
    15 years ago

That sugar bowl is amazing..And packing material..LOL Yeah I've used that "excuse" before myself..LOL

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Quick learner!

No way!! Bri crocheted the packing material?? Everything is special, LOVE the sugar pot. Could it be used as a salt pot.

Katie, I didn't know you were an Oregonian.

• chase_gw
    15 years ago

Bri what a wonderful parcel. I just love the colour of the sugar bowl and the afghan what can I say!

You sure did luck out Katie everything is just beautiful.

• mer4205
    15 years ago

Wow! The swap package is wonderful but to include a handmade afghan? That is just fantastic! -maria

• bri29
    15 years ago

I'm so glad you like everything Katie! I had a hard time choosing just three items, so I had to work on my "packing material." :) Thankfully, there are many "tricky" people in this forum from which to draw inspiration!

Bri

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Holy Cow! Bri, you are so generous and do a remarkable crochet job!

I love that sugar pot, and Myrtlewood is really pretty, love that bowl!

Linda

• jimtex
    15 years ago

Great stuff Bri. The bowl is my favorite but it's all great. Watch out, these swaps are addicting.
    James

• craftyrn
    15 years ago

Beautiful "packing material", Bri--- love the color of that yarn--

Oh- that little sugar bowl is so nice and nothing's better than a well worked wooden bowl,

Enjoy it all, Katie

• Bizzo
    15 years ago

Everything is awesone!

I love the sugar jar and spoon especially! And the blanket, wow! I just started to knit a couple nears ago, but that lovely blanket is making me think to pick up a crochet hook, too!

Looking for a report on those wine truffles. Interesting!

Bri, you sure did a great job picking some wonderful items!

• lakeguy35
    15 years ago

Wow Bri! Super box that I know Katie will enjoy for many years!! I'll take a truffle now please....YUM!

David

• Gina_W
    15 years ago

Handmade afghan? Your first? Way to go Bri! And the wood bowl and sugar bowl are nice picks. You have excellent taste.

• Lars
    15 years ago

I love Myrtlewood and know how special that bowl is! It's great that you can find that locally.

I haven't tried crocheting yet, but that afghan looks fabulous! I agree that it deserved another more revealing photo.

The Fleur de Lys make the bowl look more French than Irish, but then so am I. Nice that you needed one!

Are the truffles chocolate?

Lars

• bri29
    15 years ago

To tell the truth, the clover charm was a little bonus I forgot I'd even put in the sugar bowl! :) It's a worry stone, for keeping in your pocket whenever you need something to do to keep your mind off of something else. They had them in little bowls by the register when I was getting the myrtlewood bowl and I couldn't resist. If only it actually had something to do with the canister! I just couldn't resist tucking a little luck o' the irish in with my swap package.

Oh, and Lars, the truffles are made by a local chocolatier with an Oregon wine filling. There are four in the set, I don't remember what varieties were included. I guess we'll just have to wait for a full report from Katie!

Bri

• jessyf
    15 years ago

I remember Oregon myrtle wood from when we drove through waaaaay back before CF times. I bought myself a little jewelry box as a keepsake. And Deanna once gave me some myrtle leaves - whoo weee they blow Penzeys's bay leaves away! What a lovely, gracious, giving tree.

I too demand more afghan pix. And nice sugar pot; I dare you to take it to work to show off....

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio