Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From Missouri to Texas -- Yeeehaw!

Posted by lowspark (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 23, 06 at 22:34

Another great swap box has arrived and been opened!!

deanna1949 did a great job! I came home to a box tonight and this is the first chance I've had to post.

The gifts were wrapped beautifull in autumn paper.

She sent a handmade basket from "Basket Case". It's beautiful and I'll be using it as a bread server. The cookbook she sent is Williams-Sonoma Holiday Favorites. Lots of wonderful pictures, can't wait to sit and really have a look. The local item is a subscription to Midwest Living which I look forward to.

I've already picked out the first recipe I plan to make: ORANGE WALNUT AND PEAR PUMPKIN BREAD. I promise to post it on the discussions side asap.

THANK YOU Deanna!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From Missouri to Texas -- Yeeehaw!

What a beautiful, truly FALL package. From gorgeous wrapping paper to a lovely basket to a pretty cookbook.

Way to go Deanna. I know you'll enjoy it all lowspark :)

o

That bread looks amazing, I am looking forward to cutting and pasting the recipe. Deanna the magazine as a local item is truly inspired. The basket is beautiful. great Job!! Enjoy your goodies May, all year long.

-Robin

o

May, all wonderful, from the wrapping to the very clever magazine subscription as the local item.
Deanna, good job!

o

What a nice fall looking package. With the magazine subscription you have a present for a whole year to remind you of the swap.

Stacie

o

That is soooo fallish! Beautiful. The basket, the cook book, that recipe! ...I love it all.....

o

Wow - that is gorgeous. I love the colors and the "all fall" theme.

o

What a beautiful basket ! And in such a versatile shape . Should be lots of goodies in that cookbook May . Great idea on the regional magazine subscription Deanna -- presents coming all year !

o

Great gifts - especially the cookbook.

o

A wonderful fall package. The wrapping paper is a nice touch, and the basket and cookbook are great. The magazine will gift you all year lowspark. Enjoy!

Deanna, did you rubber stamp the beautiful card?

o

Nice package!! I love it all!

Enjoy your package May.

o

A gift that will keep on giving...neat idea! Never would have thought of a local magazine subscription. Good job, Deanna.

I want to make the bread also so I look forward to your post. I just can't quite make out the recipe from the picture. It sounds wonderful.

Baskets...who doesn't love baskets! There's no end to the uses for baskets. For starters, that bread...

Enjoy your goodies, Debbie.

Tricia

o

All very beautiful. The Williams Sonoma cookbooks are such a treat, with their beautiful photographs. That basket looks perfect for the bread, and the magazine should be fun to receive all year. Good job, Deanna. Lucky you, Lowspark!

Sally

o

That recipe looks so good--please post it soon... :-) Beautiful basket, too! I like the very creative idea for a local item. It should be interesting to read the magazine and get some insight into another region (and i bet there will be a few good recipes in there, too!). Enjoy!

o

...an absolutely gorgeous swap! Beautifully wrapped, nice gifts. Great job. Enjoy it!

o

Ooohhhing and Ahhhing here. Beauiful wrapping and I adore the basket. Deana, you picked the perfect card with the grapes!

o

Oh, I love that basket! And I agree with your first choice of recipe to try from your new book, lowspark! Looks delish!

A subscription to a regional mag? What a fabulous idea! Super job, Deanna!

Linda

o

What beautiful wrapping and such inviting packages! A great selection of gifts! And I'm looking forward to seeing that bread recipe too. Nice job Deanna!

Catherine

o

Being from Florida where we don't have Fall, I am appreciating all the fall inspired packages. It looks great against your backsplash. That recipe looks yummy too.

Cathy

o

That basket is gorgeous! I really need that basket because I don't really have a bread serving basket. So may I please have that basket? Huh? Pretty please? And can you please send me some of that ORANGE WALNUT AND PEAR PUMPKIN BREAD in it when you ship it? You won't have to overnight it - 2-day air will be fine.

Love the magazine idea - VERY clever! She'll be thinking about you once a month!

Love it!

o

Wow! Love the basket.
And I'll take a slice of that bread too!
Be sure to let us see some of the recipes from your subscription.........ALL Year!!
Good job Deanna

(from the other) Deanna :+)

o

Beautiful basket! What a great idea to send a magazine subscription! I love Williams-Sonaoma cookbooks! Very well done, Deanna! Enjoy the gifts, May!

o

Very, very nice. Love the basket and the magazine subscription is a great idea. And if that ORANGE WALNUT AND PEAR PUMPKIN BREAD is any indication of the rest of the recipes in that book, then it looks wonderful.

Ann

o

Another great package, and that basket is very nice, I really like the colors.

I'd also like that bread recipe when it gets made, I love all those flavors. It sounds incredible.

Annie

o

A beautiful fall package. Looking forward to hearing about the bread.
Linda

o

Wow there isn't anything in that package I wouldn't like. That basket is beautiful. The magazine subscription was a great idea Deanna.

Enjoy May!

Tracey

o

What an extra-special presenttion! The fall theme is really well thought out. Everything is lovely, and the magazine subscription is different!

janet

o

May, I'm glad that the package made it to your home safely. I've admired your kitchen for a long time, but was hesitant to continue with your lovely grape theme, so I just stuck with the colors of autumn. I hope you like the magazine as much as I do. There are always wonderful recipes in it. Let us know if you try any of the biker-breakfasts. I thought some of those recipes looked yummy.

Deanna

o

Lovely. The magazine is very clever for a local item.

o

I want to hear about the biker breakfasts! I like the magazine subscription, that will keep on giving for the next year. I have a few WS recipes from several sources and they are always good. Enjoy it all May! Cool box Deanna!

David

o

A WS cookbook - always a good thing. Hey she stuck to the rules! Kudos!

o

David, the bikers are Harley riders who travel around the region, and the recipes are from some of their favorite places to eat along the way. If any of these sound like recipes you want, let me know: Roesti (shredded potatoes, onion, Swiss cheese,etc. fried); Glazed Orange Rolls; Chicken Divan Omelet; Southern Cheddar Biscuits; Bread Pudding with Maple Banana Sauce; Grilled Prawns with Pineapple Chutney; Baked Lemon-peppered Cod; Hobo Potatoes (diced spuds with eggs, sausage, ham, onion, green pepper, etc.).

o

I've posted the pumpkin bread recipe in the recipes from your swap cookbook thread on discussions. I hope to make it this weekend and will post pix when I do. Gotta go shopping for the ingredients first!

o

May, what a fun package! Thanks for sharing that recipe--it sounds divine! I hope you can find the dried pears. Since the holiday shops are already starting up, maybe there's a Hickory Farms or some such place that would have it?

The basket is just gorgeous, and as said above, what a terrific idea with the magazine subscription! You truly will be gifted year 'round!

o

Very nice package! The basket is really pretty, and the book looks cool. I like the subscription idea -- 12 months of swap gift!

o

A beautiful fall package, Deanna! (I love your wrapping) The basket is gorgeous!! Williams Sonoma cookbooks are always terrific and the magazine subscription is so clever ..... a gift that continues to give! May, enjoy!

o

Wow, I love the basket. And that W-S cookbook looks fabulous. I must try that bread recipe. All those wonderful flavors wrapped up in one slice.

o

Beautiful basket and I love Midwest Living. It is just full of wonderful recipes each month. This month has many recipes and decorating ideas using cranberries. I really think you will love that magazine.

o

Very beautiful packaging, and I'm sure you will enjoy the magazine and cookbook. I always used baskets for bread, and so I'm sure you will get good use out of that one, which is a great shape!

o

I think the subscription is a great idea! a gift that keeps giving. I really love the bread basket, too! How wonderful and useful :) And like David, I've always had luck with Williams Sonoma recipes. Enjoy!!

o

Another terrific swap package! The bread basket is lovely. I like Williams Sonoma...I'm sure the cookbook is great. That bread sounds good...I'd like to see more recipes! The magazine will be fun!

Gread job Deanna!

o

What a terrific package. My Mom and I were just discussing how much we like Midwest Living magazine today. Enjoy!

o

Deanna, I discovered over the weekend that DM, queen of mag scripts, gets Midwest Living. She told me they keep sending her copies and telling her it's her last issue....she said she never remebered paying for the first year. LOL! Thanks for the offer to share the recipes but now you don't have to do all that data entry! :) The Cheddar Biscuits and Orange Rolls caught my attention.

David

o

oooh - I love how everyone found their own twist to this swap! the magazine subscription - love it!

And that basket is just beautiful.

Great job, Deanna.

Stacy

o

How'd that basket get out of my parcel and into Mae's?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here