SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

WANTED: My partner's fuzzy math scores 100!

lynnalexandra
17 years ago

Well, I am truly blown away and very touched. Deanna (the tease from Oregon) sent me the most amazing package. Somehow she managed to sneak 8 items into a 3 item swap. And boy are they magnificent.

Deanna did some great sleuthing. She got me the Barefoot Contessa's Parties cookbook. I love the Barefoot Contessa books, and I didn't have that one before. Someone on this forum mentioned it recently and I thought that's definitely one to put on my wish list. Deanna had a photo from this luscious book in her thread on a Package Headed East. Many of us were oohing and aahing over that picture. Well, it's mine - all mine. Yippee.

Her homemade item was a fall quilt with pumpkins and fall leaves and colors - with the words "punkin time" on it. It's absolutely wonderful - and so meaningful to me that my swap partner would send something so special. Deanna's thoughtfulness will add to my love for this quilt over the years. It will be interwoven in many holiday and family rituals. I'm not sure she could have sleuthed this fact out, but since my daughter turned 3, I have really gotten into decorating for the holidays. And the decorations and enjoyment grow every year. Her homemade quilt will take it's place in many years of family enjoyment.

Not only did Deanna give me this wonderful punkin quilt, she also sent something handmade for my daughter. A colorful tooth pillow, with a little pocket for leaving her tooth for the tooth fairy. Kyra (my daughter) just loves it. She was a bit amazed that someone she doesn't even know made her this tooth pillow. She wanted me to write here that "it's so pretty" and then she took it to bed with her.

The real fuzzy math came with the regional items. A box of items all from within 100 miles of Deanna in Oregon. Inside a box with a printed MADE IN OREGON stamp, were wonderful treats. Roasted hazelnuts (which I've already tried and are the best hazelnuts I've ever had), Smoke House wild smoked salmon, Cranberries (moist/dried for muffins, salads or just nibbling) and Marionberry jam. And to top it all off, a fabulous handcrafted cheeseboard (with built in slicer) made of Myrtlewood. Myrtle trees only grow in southwestern Oregon. I love the smell and the grain of this wood. It smells kind of nutty. Both my husband and I really appreciate wood grains. When we renovated our kitchen, we picked quarter-figured ash cabinets (with plain slab doors) because it was all about the beauty of the grain. I also have several artisan boxes made from different woods. And my husband collects guitars, where the beauty of the grain is part of the appeal (in addition to the sound). He was looking over my shoulder when I was opening the box, and said "Wow, that's nice" when he saw the cheeseboard.

Deanna, this really is a lovely, generous package. I'm very moved by your thoughtfulness.

I feel deeply contented.

Thank you so much.

Lynn.

PS - Deanna, you said you took photos. I can take photos, but I won't be able to get them on my computer and upload them until tomorrow. If yours are easy for you to post, could you please post them here. Thanks.

Comments (44)