SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakeguy35

WANTED: Cool Creative Creole Cajun Surpise From Karen!!

lakeguy35
17 years ago

Karen is a sneaky little swapper yall!! First she hired Secret Agent AnnT to do some spying for her. Yes, she used a spy! Well, after some interesting questions from Ann on the phone a few weeks back. Question like, do you have a freezer at the office? Would your employees know to put something in the freezer when it was delivered? Are you hosting Thanksgiving at the lake again this year? If so, how many will be coming? IÂm sure I missed a few. BTW, I receive all my mail at my office in Tulsa.

So, what would you be thinking yÂall? Trust me, my brain was working overtime on this one! Was it a Turkey? No Was it a Duck? No Was it a Chicken? Nooooooooooo!

It was a TUR-DUC-HEN!!!!

For those of you who might not know about this it is a Turkey stuffed with a Duck that has been stuffed with a Chicken. It is also stuffed with Creole Pork Dressing and Cornbread Dressing. The whole thing is seasoned with Cajun Seasonings. I canÂt wait to make this as it will be a first for me and my group. IÂve already talk to DM and this will be part of our Thanksgiving Dinner. When the spy called we didnÂt have any set plans yet. As of this week, we are doing it up at the lake and my DS, BIL and their kids are coming down from up north. That is if she EVER has her baby, she is already a week past her due date. We are at 22 and counting so far.

Okay, next on the list are some more Louisiana treats, some wonderful sounding jellies and sauces from La Caboose.

Praline Sauce, IÂm thinking this might be best by the spoonful all by itself! LOL!

Jezabel Sauce, a combination of Pineapple and Horseradish. IÂve never heard of this but is sounds great.

Creole Jelly, a combination of Blackberry, Elderberry, and Mulberry. This has to be good and I canÂt wait to try it.

Mayhaw Jelly, another new one to me. IÂve never heard of Mayhaw Berries before.

Next, Karen sent me a very cool cookbook from the Junior League of Baton Rouge. River Road Recipes, The Textbook Of Louisiana Cooking, I havenÂt had a chance to go through it yet but IÂm sure there are some great recipe in it. IÂll have to find one to make and share on TerriÂs thread and maybe something new to go along with the TUR-DUK-HEN.

Here is a pic of the complete haul from a super swap partner.

Thank you so much Karen! You really made this fun for me with your spying and all. Your ears will be burning, really on fire, while my family enjoys these special treats over the holiday weekend! You are a Southern Gem that IÂm so glad to have met through this forum and in person!! I'm a very happy guy tonight....as ole Justin Wilson would say.....I guarrrannnnteee it! Thanks again pal!!

David

(thinking about Na leans, some good Jazz and of course some Cajun Food!)

Comments (49)