SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori316_gw

Jessica, you ARE evil! ;)

lori316
17 years ago

First of all, a very big thank you for your thoughtfulness in sending my package before my surgery. And to you, AnnT for matching me to Jessica.

I say Jessica is Evil because she sent me an e-mail saying the swap spy had a question. She has spied for me before, so, naturally, I thought it was a question from somebody else. Little did I know she was my swap buddy. Sneeeeeaky!

My newest cookbook is The Big Book of Italian Cooking . This has so many good recipes in it, I don't know where to start. I've spent alot of time recently looking for good zucchini recipes. This is loaded with them.

My son is very superstitious and he HAS to have mussels for dinner the night before he runs a race. There's a ton of recipes with mussels. I will get so much use out of this book. I plan to make at least two things from it this weekend. Not sure what yet, there's so much to choose from. This is a really BIG book. And it's loaded with pictures - which I need. What can I say, I'm recipe challenged.

In the regional category was an award-winning olive oil. This is as good as gone. I know we'll love this. I use so much EVOO, and I'm sure all those great sounding recipes will have me using it all the time. The pretty bottle, alone, has me wanting to open it up and take a swig! LOL

The third category was homemade. You ladies (and guys) who can your own things impress me so much. I wish I could do it, but getting treats from others is even better!

The first thing I will definitely try is the Pears in Muscat wine. This sounds decicious. Next is blueberry mango with frangelico, (minus the mango, but replaced with peaches....YUM!!!! because of my allergies). The third is fig preserves. The figs come from the trees in Jessy's back yard. How cool is that?! (I can't even grow weeds in my backyard) Jessica explained that she got that recipe from RobinKate, so a "thank you" to you too, RobinKate!

I was going to attempt to post pictures, but Jessica was so thoughtful to take pictures (even thought she had to unwrap things to do it), because she remembered I can't post pictures. So I will let her have the honors. I know she can do it in a matter of minutes and it'd be who knows when before I figure it out.

Jessica, thank you so much. Your package was very thoughtful and well-researched. I will think of you when I use everything.

Comments (56)