Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Goldgirl's golden--that's for sure!

Posted by finally (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 22, 06 at 21:44

Hey! That box wasn't a BDay present for DD, it was my swap package!

Goldgirl's box arrived during DD's birthday present arrivals, and no one knew about the current swap, so it was set aside for the big day. I was focusing so much on getting my handmade item done, I hadn't even thought of getting a package!

Goldgirl has definitely done her reading on me, citing both my love of baking and my love of chocolate in her darling card. It features a golden retriever puppy peeking out of a pumpkin. Here's my package of golden delights:

• Cookbook: Betty Crocker's Cooky Book. This is a re-release of the original 1963 edition. It is her most used baking cookbook and I will definitely treasure (and use!) mine. Sue even pointed out her favorites, so those will be the first on my list to make. We hardly ever buy cookies--homemade are just so much better!

• Handmade: A beautiful wooden mixing paddle from Jonathan's Wild Cherry Spoons. It really is a piece of art, and feels so wonderful in my hand. I'll have to threaten the kids with death if they put it in the dishwasher!

• Local Flavor:A Pumpkin Spice Blend coffee from Buck's County Coffee Company. Sue used to live there before her move to New Jersey. It smells heavenly, and I plan to brew some up to have with some freshly baked cookies!

Thank you for such a beautiful fall package, Sue! Yesterday's high was 83 degrees, and it felt about the same today. But now I'll be ready for when fall really hits here!

Fondly,
Dolores (aka ~finally)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Goldgirl's golden--that's for sure!

Gaaah! I meant to hit "Preview" not post! My photos are being bothersome! I don't know if it's Webshot's insanely long page names or spotty availability of their website! Sometimes they show, and sometimes not!

Wrapped picture:

Unwrapped picture:

o
RE: WANTED: Goldgirl's golden--that's for sure!

Oh Dolores, I'm so glad to received everything okay!

I forgot to take photos before wrapping - sorry!!!!

o

Oh, I love this package! Although I am not a big baker, Betty is one of my heroes :)
Love the wooden paddle...only because it brings back a memory of my mom. I escaped it, being the youngest of 5, but my sisters tell a story about being smacked (lightly!) with her wooden spoon... hehe.
Let us know how the coffee is!

o

Very nice. I'm a big fan of wooden spoons and that one is a beauty. Looking forward to you sharing some of your favourite cookie recipes.

Ann

o

I can't see the pix! And i want to see the paddle, I love them. Is it flat bottomed? Those are hard to find but what I always use.

o

Can't wait to see the pictures, but in the meantime, I can tell you that you will love your new cookie book. I have made many of Betty's cookies over the years, and she has some winners. The wooden spoon sounds like a treasure, and pumpkin coffee certainly interests me. Enjoy!!

o

Wow I'm lucky I can see the pictures. That book looks great. I'm looking forward to some great cookie recipes. The wooden spoon is beautiful too.

Very nice package Goldgirl!

Tracey

o

Finally, I can't see the pics either, but the package sure sounds great.
Goldgirl, Nice!

o

Right click on the little red box, copy and paste the url in the browser, press Enter. Hopefully you will see the pictures.

I love this package too! Good going goldgirl!

Enjoy your box Dolores!

o

Lucky you finally, great package. Love that spoon, it's beautiful.

o

Way cool! That cookbook looks like something I love too! And what a great wooden spoon....... enjoy~

o

Dolores, the cookie book is so fun! A whole book of just cookies...and perfect timing since so many of us do most of our cookie baking from now through the Holidays. And, who doesn't trust Betty? I'll bet there's not a bad cookie in the book.

I also love wooden spoons and yours looks like it feels like soft butter! I have a wood paddle my DH widdled/carved for me from lilac wood. I'm left-handed and it's shaped just for my hand. A handmade wood paddle will be a treasure, for sure!

I''ve never had a cup of coffee but yours, with the pumpkin, sounds perfect for Fall.

Enjoy all of your goodies & I'm anxious to read about the cookies you make.

Great job, Goldgirl...BTW, that card is tooo cute! I'm such a sucker for a puppy.

Tricia

o

oooh - nice package! The spoon is gorgeous - and it definitely sounds like that cookbook will get lots of use.

Stacy

o

I love the Cooky Cookbook. Oh, that coffee must smell soooo good. Great package!

Goldgirl, is that one of yours in the pumpkin? Tooo cute.

Happy baking, Dolores :)

o

I can't see the pictures either and my computer won't let me copy and paste when I right click the box. Carp.

I can say that one of my most used cookbooks is my old 1969 Betty Crocker cookbook, it has my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe in there and it's a trusted standby for nearly everything else. The cookie book can't possibly be anything but great.

I'd love to see the wooden spoon/spatula, and I'll figure out how to yet!

Cookies and coffee. Yum. It's snowing here now, so it's definitely cookie baking weather.

Annie

o

Wah, I can't see the pictures but it does sound great! Every year I go to a cookie party and am always looking for something new and different. What a great treat! Please post recipes!

o

It sounds wonderful! I love cookies!
I can't see the pics though. :+(
Deanna

o

The browser trick worked for me so I could see that beautiful wooden paddle and all those lovely cookies! Please share recipes when you have time!

o

I was able to copy and paste the link as well and I am glad because that spoon is beautiful. And I don't even usually like wooden spoons (flash backs to childhood when my family would put the dirty ones in the sink to get all gross).

-Robin

o

I am sorry I can't see the pix either, tried the cut and paste.....but I am a bit techno challenged. That spoons sounds like a beauty!

Good job goldgirl! Enjoy Dolores!

janet

o

Another great package! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun trying out the cookie recipes and the wooden spoon is great!! Enjoy!

o

What a great wooden spoon--i've seen his creations in my town, and i always pick them up and 'fondle' them, but haven't splurged yet! Also love the cookbook, that seems like it would be a walk down memory lane, and while you're choosing a recipe to try, some delicious coffee to sip-- great package!

o

That spoon is a beauty! I can vouch that the cookbook has some great recipes and the coffee will be a "fall treat"! Another wonderful package! Enjoy, Dolores!

PS - I love the card!!

o

Love the wooden spoon! Another great package! Nice going, Goldgirl! Enjoy it all, Dolores!

o

Nice stuff..I love cookie cook books..And that spoon/paddle..what a beauty!

o

Try to right-click and choose "View Picture" - that worked for me.

Cute package!

o

Was able to save these off the links...

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

Love that mixing paddle-- and what a great cookbook-- just in time so you can join the cookie exchange ! Pumpkin coffee ? -- sure says Fall doesn't it .

o

That is a nice paddle! And how great that this cookbook features cookies, especially with the holiday season approaching. Pumpkin coffee adds to the fall theme! A great swap package Goldgirl!

o

Thank you for psting that picture since I could not see it either. I also love that spoon. That looks like a great swap package to me!

o

Great swap package! I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the recipes from your cookbook. That spoon is beautiful, and the coffee would be good to sip on right now.

Sally

o

Oh, I am so glad the pix finally got fixed! I was starting to panic cuz I wanted to see that wooden spoon! Beautiful, everything!

Great job!

Linda

o

This is so funny because it makes me think of something from my childhood. We lived next door to an Armenian family and I was friends with one of the daughters. Their family life was so different from ours and therein was my interest in it. They had parties on their patio in the summer and I would spy in the dark from my mother's bedroom window - watching them dance, listening to the tambourine, generally enjoying the show. One time, the mother caught me doing something (can't remember what it was) and she paddled my butt with a wooden spoon. My mother used to spank me, and even used a belt and a fly swatter, but never a wooden spoon. MAN did that ever hurt!

Thanks for the memories! *ouch*

o

Ooh Marcia, I'll bet that memory is really strong.

Dolores, the spoon is perfectly beautiful, it will surely make wonderful cookies. Cookies and coffee, yum, perfect for an autumn day.

Delicious choices Goldgirl.

Lee

o

I really like that spoon too! How can you go wrong with a cookie cookbook? Lets us know what you make first Goldgirl. Nice package Dolores

David

o

I have that cookbook, and while I don't use it a whole lot, it brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. I like the illustrations and the general overall 'vintage' feel of it. :)

o

Oh wow. That spoon looks like a piece of art. I can just smell the coffee! Congrats on being able to count, Goldgirl!

o

The cream wafer recipe is the best cookie recipe. My mother started making them 50 years ago and that's all anyone wants at Xmas! A little tedious, especially when you make about 20 dozen, which I do most years, but not hard.

o

Thanks for the tip granjan! DH is leaving tmo on a business trip, I think I might bake up a storm while he's gone. Do you know if those cookies freeze well? I actually have never frozen cookies before--we usually just make one kind at a time and they go fairly quickly.

o

I could see the pictures, and I have to say that I've never heard of pumpkin coffee before! But I do like pumpkin flavor, especially for cheesecake. I also did not know that Betty Crocker wrote a Cookie book! How cute!

Have fun!

o

Wow! cherry wood is so pretty, and that paddle is great! Cream wafers? making my mouth water, and my hips expand just thinking of the cooky book. and how great is pumpkin spice for the season! What a great package. Goldgirl, you did a great job! Dolores, tell us how pumpkin coffe is!

o

Great package! It all goes together so well. Cookies - a cookbook for the recipes, a spoon to stir the dough and delicious coffee to drink with them. Enjoy it all and I'm curious about the pumpkin coffee, too.

o

Oh, I love that Cooky Cookbook! Terrific! That wooden spoon is great! I can almost smell that coffee! Lucky you Delores! Enjoy!

Great job Goldgirl!

o

My first cookbook was a Betty Crocker, I still have it and use it.

The cherry mixing paddle is gorgeous. Cookies and flavored coffee, what a nice combination.

Good job, Goldgirl.

o

What a nice package, feels very homey! I especially like the spoon. Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here