SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finally_gw

WANTED: Goldgirl's golden--that's for sure!

finally
17 years ago

Hey! That box wasn't a BDay present for DD, it was my swap package!

{{gwi:1466966}}

Goldgirl's box arrived during DD's birthday present arrivals, and no one knew about the current swap, so it was set aside for the big day. I was focusing so much on getting my handmade item done, I hadn't even thought of getting a package!

{{gwi:1466968}}

Goldgirl has definitely done her reading on me, citing both my love of baking and my love of chocolate in her darling card. It features a golden retriever puppy peeking out of a pumpkin. Here's my package of golden delights:

• Cookbook: Betty Crocker's Cooky Book. This is a re-release of the original 1963 edition. It is her most used baking cookbook and I will definitely treasure (and use!) mine. Sue even pointed out her favorites, so those will be the first on my list to make. We hardly ever buy cookies--homemade are just so much better!

• Handmade: A beautiful wooden mixing paddle from Jonathan's Wild Cherry Spoons. It really is a piece of art, and feels so wonderful in my hand. I'll have to threaten the kids with death if they put it in the dishwasher!

• Local Flavor:A Pumpkin Spice Blend coffee from Buck's County Coffee Company. Sue used to live there before her move to New Jersey. It smells heavenly, and I plan to brew some up to have with some freshly baked cookies!

Thank you for such a beautiful fall package, Sue! Yesterday's high was 83 degrees, and it felt about the same today. But now I'll be ready for when fall really hits here!

Fondly,

Dolores (aka ~finally)

Comments (45)