SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

WANTED: Something good out of our Nation's Capital!

sally2_gw
17 years ago

I received a note posted on my door, yesterday, telling me the post office has my package, so all day I've been waiting anxiously to get home, since DH was kind enough to run by the P.O. and pick it up. Lynn sent me some wonderful gifts, and a very thoughtful letter. Thank you, Lynn, for making my day. Unfortunately, I was so anxious to get home, I forgot my camera, so it will be tomorrow before I can take pictures. (I use it at work, and went off and left it.)

The first thing out of the box was a beautiful hammered aluminum plate with a gardening scene depicted on it. It shows a garden hat, tools, a nest, a basket of flowers and a watering can, all gathered together in a nice scene. It's sooo pretty I wish I could take a picture of it right now. Lynn managed to squeeze two themes into one, as this plate is homemade, but locally made too, and was her local gift. Her homemade item is an award winning Wasabi Ginger Finishing Sauce for roasting and grilling. I'm going to love that! I can't wait till this weekend when we can fire up the grill, or the oven, and roast some veggies. Mmmmm! Finally the cookbook she sent is "The complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook. I love Italian food, and I'm looking forward to learning all kinds of new pastas and beyond. Polenta? it's got it. I'll learn to make Risotto with recipies like Risotto With Fennel and Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms....I could go on. It has chapters on everything from Antipasto to Dessert, with main dishes, sides, and salads in between. I'm looking forward to using it cover to cover. I hope I'll have my head on better tomorrow and can take some pictures.

Again, thank you, Lynn, from the bottom of my heart!

Sally

Comments (51)