SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msafirstein

There's a bright ORANGE box in my driveway!

msafirstein
16 years ago

I came home today to a bright ORANGE box in my driveway.

I thought it was from my Mom with her annual Halloween box. But no, it's from Canada. Hmmmmm.....I did not order anything from Canada or did I? With the hectic pace of the house construction, I can never remember just what I ordered or where most of the time.

Well....come to find out the bright orange box is from Catherine (Ziporion) and it's my Swap Gift Box! OH my....I was very surprised and did not expect my swap box so soon!

I opened up the box to see several shapes wrapped in brightly colored tissue paper. And of course Marcus the Cat was right there nosing around.

{{gwi:1466681}}

I opened the cute card first and read Catherine's beautifully written note which explained her love of tea, her hardworking garlic press and the Italian Cookbook by her favorite author.

{{gwi:1466682}}

Ahhhhhh finally, a good Italian Cookbook and I don't have one! I am thrilled and have already scanned through it and read some recipes. The book is "Marcella's Italian Kitchen" by Marcella Hazan. And it received excellent reviews by the NY Times, Gourmet Magazine and Washington Post. I am so happy to finally have a good Italian Cookbook! I have to repeat I am so happy! I make pasta at least once a week so this cookbook fills a huge void in my library!

{{gwi:1466683}}

Next is a Zyliss garlic press which could not be more timely as ours is missing and I don't know where it is. We packed up everything to store in our barn during the construction and some things just are no where to be found, among them our Garlic Press. Catherine states she's had her Zyliss for over 20 years and it's still going strong.

{{gwi:1466684}}

The 3rd item is my favorite and I just love it! It's a lidded bone china tea cup with a tea strainer and a package of Ceylon Flowery Pekoe Tea! Catherine said Granjan sent her a lidded tea cup in the last swap and she uses hers daily. I love this and have wanted a lidded tea cup forever! And the tea strainer fits into my large togo cup perfectly so I can now brew tea togo too!

{{gwi:1466686}}

I love everything Catherine and every single thing will used and enjoyed. In fact I brewed a cup to tea upon opening the box and am sipping it as I type!

{{gwi:1466687}}

Thank you ever so much for everything...even the bright orange box will be reused next Halloween!

Michelle

Comments (25)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH