Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm number one~thank you teresa nc7

Posted by terri_pacnw (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 12, 06 at 21:00

I got my swap package today.
And can I just say that Teresa couldn't have bought more perfectly for me and my family than if I had done it!

First off was the sweet note, explaining why she picked what she picked. She's Good...(did I say that already?) LOL
Okay on the left, the handmade item is a piece of Pottery. The little scalloped pie plate is beautiful. It's a signed piece. (I've never had a signed piece of anything!) It's extra special! And matches my kitchen perfectly. (see second photo)
The Cookbook is by Teresa's favorite Fictional Author. It's called Something Warm from the Oven; Baking Memories, Making Memories by Eileen Goudge. Chapters are: Coffee Cakes and Cupcakes, Special Occasion Cakes and Cheesecakes, Cookies and Bars, Pies and Tarts, Crisps, Cobblers and Puddings, Quick Breads and Muffins, Biscuits and Scones and the final chapter is Yeast Breads and Rolls.
The Local Item is a bag of Sweet Potato Muffin mix from a Mill near Teresa. The mix ingredients are actually milled at the Mill too.

Beautiful Pie Plate in My Kitchen

sidenote: my hubby is from North Carolina, and knows exactly where the Mill is, and he loves sweet potato things! So this package actually means something to him too.
Thank you so much Teresa. Everything is PERFECT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm number one~thank you teresa nc7

Lucky you Terri! I just love that pie plate, such warm colours and a great scalloped edge. The sweet potato muffin mix looks good, especially that it was milled at the Mill that Terri's DH knows!

Nice job Teresa!

Catherine (who's got to get her package done and mailed)

o

I'm a little confused - do they mill sweet potatoes?

The pie plate is beautiful, and I guess that is local also. I've never used a pottery pie plate, but I imagine that you will find plenty of uses for it. It looks pretty deep, so that you could make cobbler in it or maybe a casserole. Anyway, it will make a very pretty presentation for whatever you make in it. Sweet potatoes would look nice in it.

Lars

o

LOL Lars..no they mill the flour that was used in the mix.

I use almost predominately stoneware for baking..so this is the coolest!

o

That is a beautiful pie plate. It looks great in your kitchen. Sweet potato muffin mix, yum!! I agree, anything with sweet potatoes has to be good. My whole family loves sweet potatoes.

Good job Teresa!! Enjoy it Terri

-Robin

o

Terri, How nice to be the first. And that is a beautiful pie plate. Love the colour.

Well done Teresa.

Ann

o

Oh wow congrats Teresa on being the first! And congrats on sticking to three things. That was hard! Very cool stuff.

o

This is so exciting! I love the pie plate, and the sweet potato mix sounds delish :) Teresa - sounds like you got everything just right.

o

Hey - this was a GREAT package! The pie plate if fabulous - same with the cookbook and mix. It looks like Teresa set the bar nice and high. Can't wait for mine (although I am accustomed to being last).

Patiently waiting in Colo...
Marcia

o

Teresa you did a great job! You stuck to the rules too! Good Girl!

Terri you lucky duck! You were FIRST! I cant' wait to see what you create in that pretty pie plate.

I'm done, I just need to find a box now.....

:::skipping away:::

o

Pie plate is beautiful, looks perfect in your kitchen, Terri! Nice going, Teresa! Great package! Enjoy, Terri!

Carol

o

That pie plate is to die for! It's perfect!

Great job Teresa! I think that is my next cookbook to purchase!

I think I have an IDEA of what I'm sending my swap buddy...

o

Ooo, that's a fabulous swap package! Teresa, you did a terrific job of showing the rest of us how it's done. I'm looking forward to seeing all the creative packages that will be delivered soon. Terri, you lucky girl.

o

Here's a link to the Mill.

Lars the package says:
Stone Ground by Old Mill of Guilford.
Ingredients are: Unbleached Wheat Flour, Sweet Potato Flakes, Molasses Sugar, Buttermilk, Raisins, Spices, Baking Powder and Salt
The recipe is
1lb (half the bag) Muffin-cake mix
2 eggs
2 oz butter, margarine or oil (4 oz for extra richness)
1 c boiling water
Wow, I can get 9-12 large muffins per half bag or a 9x12 cake!
It smells sooo good!

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Mill of Guilford

o

Teresa really got us off to a great start! It's amazing that that pie plate matches Terri's kitchen so well. I love the chapters in that cook book. I'm trying to remember what Goudge has written. I know I've read her books.

Congrats, Theresa, for sticking to the three item rule!

Pam

o

I totally love the color of the plate. Great everything. It looks like you hit the nail on the head! ohh . . . the pressure is on. Happy swap. Adele

o

That's a great package! The mix sounds delish and make sure to share a recipe or two from the cookbook!

o

Wow, what a great first package! Of course, I knew my TeresaNC would do a bang up job! In a previous swap, RuddMD sent me something from that same mill. Wonderful stuff. Good going, Terri! What a great match to your kitchen!

o

The first! Yay!

Great picks. I'm starting my shopping this weekend.

o

I love the color of the pie plate, too. Enjoy, Terri!

o

Great choices! Terri, is the pie pie regular size or one of the smaller ones? I have a smaller one that I love since I am the only one that will eat pie in my family. The cookbook looks like a winner and I really love the color the pie plate. Enjoy your muffins or cake.

o

Love the pie plate. Should come in handy for many other uses than just pie. The books looks interesting and the muffin mix sounds intriguing.

o

You are very welcome, Terri! I was very happy with my choices for this swap - but I didn't know that piece of pottery would fit in that well with her kitchen.

Terri had a wonderful idea: a thread to share recipes from the cookbooks we will receive in this swap!

o

Wowie! I love everything! Teresa I can see why you were satisfied with your choices - the cookbook looks great and I love the signed pottery.

We want to see something in it Terri...:-)

Yea!!! Hang on - here we gooooooooooooo!

Stacy

o

LOVE it! That pie plate is just perfect.

What a great package, Terri. You sure got us off to a good start.

o

I love that pie plate--that would look so good with a rustic apple pie in it, yum! What a great box. terri, what a fun idea to do a thread of swap recipes!

o

You done good, Teresa! I'm also looking forward to seeing something in that pie plate, Terri. I bet it'll be fun to make those muffins, and then curl up to read that wonderful cookbook while munching on a muffin.

Sally

o

Terri...I love the cookbook! Sounds very interesting! I love the pie plate, too. The muffin mix sounds great. Great package!

Teresa...great job!!

o

No. 1, yeah! The cookbook sounds great and I, too, love the pottery piece. Way to start us off, Teresa! I like the idea of the recipe thread from the swap cookbooks, too.

Brenda

o

Thanks for the info on the mill - the ingredients from the package sound really good. I've never seen an old mill like that, although I've seen old windmills. That's a great local item!

Lars

o

Let me jump on the bandwagon and say how beautiful I think that pie plate is, too!! Terri, I can't wait to see pictures of the first time you use it. I'm interested in the cookbook - I love stories interspersed with recipes. Is that how this book is set up?

Another pat on the back from me, too, Teresa!

Lori

o

I too love that pie plate! I also love how all three kinda go together. A very nice parcel and very Teresa.

Enjoy

o

Woo Hoo! Let the games begin!

And what a way to start us off, Teresa! That cokbook sounds like a real keeper! And I will chime in with the others that the pottery plate is just wonderful! It really does go nicely with your kitchen colors, Terri! How cool that your husband is familiar with the mill the muffin mix came from.

It's almost spooky how this package "fits" you!

Linda

o

Terri, I absolutely love that pie plate! The color is so wonderful for fall type pies like apple or pumpkin (or, heck...how about chocolate pecan?!).

I also love sweet potatoes so the mix wouldn't last long around here. I'll bet it's terrific coming from a local, small mill. Please let us know...

There's bound to something new & yummy to bake in your new pie plate from the cookbook...

Wonderful, thoughtful gifts, Teresa.

Tricia

o

I just love seeing the first swap package...it sets the stage for the rest of them. This is a very manageable swap, (although VERY hard to do...limiting yourself) Teresa, you did a very very good job. The pottery is beautiful, and your choices were perfect.

o

Wonderful selections, Teresa! That is a gorgeous pie plate, Terri. It's perfect for fall baking. Enjoy!

o

What a wonderful pie plate. Bet it makes an incredible crust. Sweet potato muffins sound very Southern. And I love baking books, that package is a winner.

o

I would say this is a wonderful package:)

Not That I am involved..But I am the biggest lurker:)

And I think you are lucky!

You all seem to know each other so well..

That is definitely a huge part of the equation in my mind..

I do think so...

o

One fine job Teresa! You have indeed set the standard and you are courageous to have gone first!

I go to the Old Mill of Guilford everytime I am in the area. It isn't large but it's fun. I bring home lots of mixes and of course...real grits!

Cathy

o

Very nice Terri. I like it all and would love to try those sweet potato muffins. We should give a prize for the first box received. Good job Teresa

o

Wow! how wonderful, and cool, about the sweet potato mix. and I love handthrown pottery... the pie plate is WONDERFUL, and truly a work of art as well. Congrats, Theresa, on your restraint! The whole swap looks really wonderful... ymmmm... something warm from your oven... what a great "theme"....

o

oh good job Teresa-- you stuck to everything--that sure is a Fall color ! Love the shape of that pie plate .

Terri -- that sounds like a great book -- always nice being first . And fits your family so well .

Diane

o

Terri, How nice! I love all those items. Teresa, You did very, very good.

Jayne (who misses being a swapper this time!)

o

Okay, I'm not sure who asked, way up there..but yes the pie plate is smaller than "normal". And I too am pretty much the only pie eater here, especially if it holds fruit. Hubby will eat berry pies and my oldest son will eat Pumpkin pie..Hubby adores sweet potato pie though, and he'll eat Pecan.
Hmmmmmmm....
About the book..I've only made it into the introduction.
In a bit I'll sit down and start back at reading it.
Didn't have anytime today at work..I brought it though, just incase! LOL

o

That's the perfect trio of gifts to make your home smell wonderful and your family enjoy treats. Can't wait to hear what you fill the pie plate with.

Lee

o

What a great package. I love the pie plate. It is going to be such fun to see all of the beautiful, creative things that people send as their homemade item.

Gail

o

Great package! Congrats to the swapper and swappee. I love the pie plate, muffin mix sounds yummy and the cookbook looks like a good one to curl up with on a crisp fall night like tonight. Enjoy!

o

I'm into the first chapter now, and there is not a single recipe so far that will not get made in my house! I don't think that has ever ever happened! okay now back to the book...
LOL

o

Wow how did I miss this since Thursday!

What a nice pie plate.....and sounds like she hit the nail on the head with that book!

nice going Theresa! Enjoy it Terri

Janet

o

Excellent package! I especially like the cookbook, which is funny, because I don't bake :)

o

What a wonderful package -- so thoughtful and special - I love that pie plate!

o

Terri, that pie plate is beautiful! And sweet potato muffins sound wonderful. I just had sweet potato fries for the first time a few weeks ago which were so good, so muffins should be good too...I never thought of using them for that.

o

Great pie plate!! And the muffin mix sounds delish. Excellent package!!

o

Lucky you to be the first and such a nice package.
Looing forward to a yummy recipe.
Linda

o

Oh yum, sweet potato muffins sound delicious and I really like the color of that pie plate, it matches Terri's kitchen very nicely from what I can see.

Enjoy the package, Terri. I was one of Teresa's swap recipients in the past and she packs a darned fine box, that's for sure!

Annie

o

Great job Teresa! How fun that Terri said she could have picked everyone of those items herself. You must be a good researcher! The pie plate is beautiful--and perfect for filling with comfort food this fall.

I wonder if there are more similar name pairings this swap...
Ann & Annie?

o

I made a half batch of the Sweet Potato Muffins into a Cake. Mmmmm it's so moist and just the right spice.

o

Congratulations on being #1 Terri >) I love that pie plate, it is so unique. Sounds like the sweet potato mufffin mix was a hit too.

What a way to start off the swap Teresa!

Tracey

o

I love the pie plate and the cookbook sounds so interesting.

What a nice "first" swap package.

You did good,
Teresa!

o

I'm late to the party but congrats on being first Terri! Great pie plate and I'm sure there are some great recipes in that book. Teresa, as always, great box!

Oh, also, I love the idea of sharing a recipe from our cookbooks! Thanks for start that post over on discussions.

David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here