SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lackboys3

WANTED: My Evil Swap Box Arrived from the West!

lackboys3
16 years ago

And it's awesome!! Can you guess who my swap partner is???? Yes, it's Ms. EJ, and she's every bit as evil as you all know her to be.

Amazingly enough, ALL of her favorites happen to be all of my favorites!

Here's how it looked when I excitedly ripped open the box:

Here's my 7 year old son restraining himself from flinging all the bubble wrap to the ground and doing the "pop dance"

Look at this beautiful cookbook, it's called "Kosher on the Coast", and it's from Jessy's Temple Sisterhood. It's glossy and gorgeous and I have already begun marking pages of recipes I want to try.

Next up in this non-evil bounty from the west was a fabulous cake pan in the shape of the Star of David. It's a really sturdy, beautifully detailed pan and I've already got plans for a wonderful Chanukah cake:-)

Next, Jessy sent me a really ingenious tool (I LOVE GADGETS) called the Ezee Dice Garlic Pro, which can dice garlic faster than I ever could with my humble chef's knife. You insert the peeled garlic cloves, cover and twist this baby back and forth a few times. Voila!!! I'll never use the jarred stuff again.

And last, but in no way least, is the jar of Fig Vanilla preserves that I won in the drawing that Teri was kind enough to organize. All I can say is whoo-eeee, this stuff is dangerously good. I am guarding it quite jealously, and will continue monitoring it for signs of invasion by the Lack Boys 3.

Here I am, attempting to hug all of my swap goodies! Thank you so much Jessica, receiving your swap box really made my day! I love swaps, can we do another one next week?

DONNA

Comments (36)

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wohoo, Donna, great gifts! Adorable son, and you look great! Enjoy your goodies!

• homesforsale
    16 years ago

Such a personal thank you!

Great box too!

• Related Discussions

My swap has arrived!

Q

Comments (19)
    I like Michigan cherries also and especially with dark chocolate! I also love the Michigan maple syrup and always look for it. The cloths are definitely cheerful and look especially nice in a bundle. I'm not a dog person, but JoeBear is especially cute (I'm okay with small dogs), and photographs very well. Pictures of snow scenes always look like alien planets to me, and the colors are always so weird - but that might be from clouds. By my calculations, winter should be over in another week, since March is officially spring. I do remember being shocked at how drab New York was when I first went there in December. I love the blue foil paper too, if that's what it is! Lars
    ...See More

My TWO boxes arrived - from Katiec

Q

Comments (12)
    Glad everything made is safely, Teresa. Did they both come the same day? Wow...I had them mail the berry box nearly a week before I mailed the rest. Hopefully those chocolates didn't melt into a puddle on the way. I hope you enjoy everything. And the tourist books were from our Chamber of commerce and are packing. Yes, packing! Katie, who's anxiously watching for this year's berries to turn.
    ...See More

My box arrived.

Q

Comments (30)
    What a wonderful box. The cocktail sauce sounds wonderful. I can't help but picture Maria (even though I have never seen her) shopping happily for everything and then life changed in a blink of an eye. I too have been thinking of her and her late husband. Susie, I hope you do get to visit some of those seafood shacks. Sounds like fun.
    ...See More

Island to island my swap package arrived!

Q

Comments (28)
    A friend gave me a similar cookbook years and years ago. I still pop clippings into it. It was such a thoughful and useful gift. Lori, your book is also beautiful. The Greek cookbook looks interesting, as does the rub. The kid, who brought home gyro-makings for dinner, wandered in just now and said, "Greek. Kewl." lol.
    ...See More
  • riverrat1
    16 years ago

Oh yeah! Jessica did good ;-)

Enjoy your box Donna. Jessica was my very first swap partner so I know she sends a great box!

I really want to see your Chanukah cake:-)

• diana55
    16 years ago

Donna...great things came from Evil!!! I love the garlic slicer. I must find one myself. You did well Jessy. Enjoy!!! Diana55 P.S...I LOVE YOUR CHAIRS!!! THEY ARE VERY NICE.

• Marigene
    16 years ago

The cookbook caught my eye......great package Jessica.

• sheshebop
    16 years ago

Your stuff is great. Jessy is a pro at this, ya know. Also, I just love your granite countertop! LOL.
    Nice swap package, Donna. Actually, you were lucky that you did not receive one of those weinie roasting gadgets, LOL from O Evil One.

• arabellamiller
    16 years ago

Wow - what a great swap package! I am very curious about that cookbook, it looks gorgeous. Very nicely done!

AM

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

That is terrific! I going to have to check out that garlic thingy. And you will love the fig preserves.

Cathy

• annie1992
    16 years ago

Donna, I just realized that's the first picture I've ever seen of you, you're gorgeous and you don't look dizzy at all, LOL.

The bundt pan is very cool, I like that a lot and I love cookbooks, so that's very cool too. You'll love the preserves, trust me....

Annie

• jessyf
    16 years ago

Glad you like it, Donna!

I remember when I posted about that Bundt pan, and IIRC, you said you liked it too. Gee, I didn't even have to fish too much! I ordered three of them - one for me as an instant favorite (whats not to like?) and two for gifts!

Whats nice about the garlic gadget is I use it when I want dice, not minced from my garlic press. And its fast and goes into the dishwasher! Warning - it doesn't like huge cloves - I have to cut those up, but its still faster than a I am with a knife (I know others are better with knives than I am)

And of course the cookbook. I helped a little to work on it, mostly proofing a few fish recipes. This is not your mother's Sisterhood cookbook!

And yes, the fig preserves were LEGAL. I was holding my breath waiting to see if Terri would pick her, and I SWEAR I didn't say a word!

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

I love the bundt pan and how special to get it from Jessy. This is something you will treasure for a long time.

Gorgeous cover on the cookbook and hardbound too!!! Nifty garlic mincer and one I've not seen before.

Jessica strikes again with another wonderful swap box that is perfect for Donna!!! Enjoy!!

Michelle

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

I can't see the pictures for some reason....But it sounds like a great swap box!

Nancy

• sigh
    16 years ago

How funny about the fig preserves! And what a beautiful, thoughtful box. That cookbook looks absolutely stunning.
    But seriously, lackboys3, how cute is your son? And how long before he got into the bubble wrap?

Nina

• lackboys3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the nice words everyone, especially regarding the cuteness of the kid:-) Karen, that cake pan is calling out for a chocolate pound cake dusted with confectioners sugar. That's what I see when I look at it. Diana, thank you for liking my counter stools, and Sherry, I'm surprised you could see me countertop at all with the miserable blurriness of my first attempt at posting photos. I remember seeing the weinie roaster from a swap a while back, was that yours Sherry? There are lots of weinies in this house, we'd make good use of that:-) Annie, you're much cuter than me, but thanks for the compliment ((((Annie)))). Proof that at least Ben, my 7 year old son, and I, actually exist.

The cookbook is really lovely, if anyone is interested, there are a couple of order forms in the back to mail order one, or I bet Jessy might be able to get another from Sisterhood.

Michelle, I refuse to believe there is any gadget in the world that you've never seen before!!!!!! You have the most beautifully tricked out kitchen on this forum:-) Nancy, I'm sorry you can't see the pictures. I used Snapfish for my online album, do you have a firewall that maybe is preventing you from viewing them?

Kathleen and Sigh, Ben is cute (thank you), but he's a bit devilish. I'll pass along your compliments. Let's just say that NONE of the bubble wrap has any more "pop power" left now that he's had his way with it. The dogs cower when they see him brandishing the sheets of bubbles.
    DONNA

• chancesmom
    16 years ago

That cookbook looks beautiful and sounds interesting. Of course a garlic gadget will be super useful, and the pan is quite unique. Great job Jessy!

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

What a great swap! I could definately find a use for that garlic chopper. The book is beautiful..can't wait to see what you make from it. Really cool looking bundt pan! How lucky are you to win a jar of preserves from the very same person that is your swap partner. (lucky for you Jessy as it saved on shipping). Love your tiles by the way!

Shelley

• granjan
    16 years ago

Great box! And nothing evil, except for the calories in the fig preserves! I can see the 1st 2 pix but then get those nasty red x's for the other ones. As a clueless photo poster don't know what it means, but I want to see you AND the stools, although the swap items, the tiles and the son are indeed all adorable!

• compumom
    16 years ago

Excellent choice of gifts! I can only see your last photo, the rest are dreaded red "x"s! I'm sure that these gifts will see a lot of use!

• brenda55
    16 years ago

The cookbook looks really great. Jessica, do you have recipes in it? Post some info on the order forms, please. How cool is the bundt pan, can't wait to see your pics of your baking. I love your bar stools also. I can't open pics 1, 3 anf 4...how strange is that! The garlic chopper looks like a great addition to you kitchen, too. I know, personally, Jessica's vanilla fig preserves are wonderful.

Great job, Jessica, you are a wonder woman, with all that you have going on and you beat most of us with delivery!

• ziporion
    16 years ago

I cant' see the photos either, but it sounds like a very useful (and unique) swap package. The garlic slicer sounds pretty nifty!

Jessy's not so evil!

Catherine

• lackboys3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh rats, I don't know why all of a sudden no one can see the photos. When I scrolled down just now, I was still able to see them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?
    DONNA

• alison
    16 years ago

How neat! The garlic dicer looks useful and painless -- and the bundt pan looks lovely. I'd love to hear about some of the recipes from the cookbook, too!

Nice job, Jessy -- have fun with it all, Donna!

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

LOL @ "Proof that at least Ben, my 7 year old son, and I, actually exist." Too funny! It's nice to put a face with the name, Donna, and your Ben is adorable! I bet that smile is because he knows he's going to be getting a slice of the cake :)

Look forward to hearing about the recipes in the cookbook! That gadget looks cool. Nice favorites, Jessica, and you are amazing that you sent such a great box and you have your upcoming simcha this weekend! Mazel Tov! You are a great multi-tasker! Enjoy your gifts, Donna!

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Wonderful swap package, Jessica! I'll have to check out that garlic chopper thingy.

Lovely to see your smiling face, Donna and that cutey, Ben. Enjoy your great gifts!

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

That cookbook sounds interesting. You will have to post some of the recipes. I have never seen such a garlic chopper. Let us know how well it works for you. Nice package.
    Clare

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

Ahhh...Jessy shows her "not so evil" side!

I really like the pan and the cookbook, but I adore that garlic chopper thingy! LOL I am not all that quick with a knife, either, so I would definitely use a gadget like that!

Donna, it's easy to see where Ben gets his good looks! I am glad we got to have a look at you! LOL

Linda

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Cool stuff...I'm glad it all arrived safely! I will attest..I did not rig, jig or have any other outlying pressure on who was selected. LOL
    It was funny when I sent the recipients to Jessy..and she said "no way, Donna is my swap partner"..LOL

That garlic thing seems really nifty!

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

Great package. I don't have any bundt pans - that star is really tempting. I see all the pictures. Maybe snapfish is just overloaded some of the time. The first time I looked I got a red x for the cookbook.

Jessy can handle a swap and up-coming Bar Mitzvah at the same time - impressive. Donna - just 6 more years to prepare.

• ann_t
    16 years ago

What a wonderful swap box. That cookbook is gorgeous.

I love that everyone is taking the "theme" to heart and is sharing their favourite things with their partners.

Ann

• jessyf
    16 years ago

Gang, with the Bar Mitzvah two days away (and I will have my partner's box to post when it gets here), I can't promise any recipes.

The book is available on Amazon and through my favorite shopping bot website, addall.com.

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

Your 7 year old is a riot :) LOL! He really is a cutie!

Thanks for the recipe. Looks really good!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

donna both you and your son are just adorable - you have a great smile :-) i have to admit, those kitchen chairs are just incredible!!!!!

nice swap items. i love the different bundt pans - i have several. nordicware offers some great recipes on their site, especially for these pans.

the garlic crusher looks interesting and i'm certain you will get great use from the cookbook.

jessy, wonderful job. donna, enjoy everything!

maryanne

• lackboys3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Maryanne, your sweet compliments really brightened up my day! I appreciate the tip regarding the Nordicware bundt pans, I'm going over to that website when I'm done here:-) I am enjoying reading through this cookbook very much, there are some very easy recipes mixed in with some that require a bit more effort, which makes it a good recipe book for a wide range of cooks. Everyone seems to like my counter stools, and I'm glad because it took me a long time to pick the right ones for my kitchen. I should have just asked my forum friends, who would have been very helpful I'm sure!

Hopefully everyone is enjoying their weekend.
    DONNA

• BeverlyAL
    16 years ago

Now didn't you get lucky Donna! What wonderful gifts and a good looking boy too. Great job evil one!

Beverly

• craftyrn
    16 years ago

That garlic gadget looks like quite the thing--- and that type of cookbook is probably a favorite of alot of us.

Nice bundt too--

Diane

• Bizzo
    16 years ago

Not only is your swap great, son adorable, and your smile wonderful... I LOVE your backsplash!! LOL Great pictures! And good job, Jessy!