SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

That Clever Cathy.....!

teresa_nc7
17 years ago

What a wonderful swap package she put together for me!

This morning at work a nice big box was delivered to my office, from Florida - no name on the return address. Hmmm... So of course I had to open it and find a big envelope with a letter from Cathy/Mustangs, some favorite recipes, and a print-out of a new book that isn't even out yet.

First to the gifts inside the box:

a wonderful looking cookbook, Tampa Treasures, from the Junior League of Tampa. Just looking through it now I see Florida Orange Rice, Tarpon Springs Stuffed Mushrooms, Margarita Shrimp, Florida Grapefruit Cake, Cinnamon Orange Oat Bread and lots of other good sounding recipes. The photos in this book are wonderful: flamingos, hot air balloons, sailboats in the sunset, and others I can't wait to see. As soon as I'm done here, I'm curling up on the sofa with my new book!

Next I found a beautiful pottery colander made by a member of Cathy's family. This will be the biggest colander I have, which is wonderful as all the others are small. There are swirls of gray, taupe and darker gray with some blue dots too. It is really a wonderful piece.

Cushioning the colander was a set of kitchen towels in blue: stripes, plaids, and more plaids. They are so cheery and I know I will enjoy using them. These are just to cushion the colander mind you and to make up three gifts in the box! Whoo! That's a good excuse if I ever heard one.

The other book (which should arrive soon) is How to Start a Home-Based Personal Chef Business which is very timely and thoughtful. Cathy saw my posts about getting my first clients this week. I'm sure I'll find some helpful and current information in the book. Don't worry, Cathy, it will get to me at the office even if the city is Burlington - no problem.

Cathy said she took back-up pics which is good as my batteries are dead tonight. So I hope she'll post her photos.

This is a fantastic array of gifts, Cathy - all things that I will enjoy using and treasure. Thank you so much for this swap package - you're just the best!

Teresa

Comments (48)