SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessyf_gw

Do you have a camera? Dietary restrictions? Etc.!

jessyf
16 years ago

Since we have so many swap virgins newbies I thought we should start a thread giving a bit of information about yourself. There are also several threads already on the back pages for perusal. I know this is a 'your favorite things' swap, and food isn't on the list, but I think most people here know I wouldnt' quite know what to do with your favorite pork cookbook. Someone else might be allergic to nuts so a nut cracker would be best left at home. Etc. Also, for those who don't have cameras, I suggest that you make it known here so your partner can take pictures before the item is sent.

Please feel free to add questions to this list, and I intend to check back to see if something is asked!

- Do you have a camera, and/or do you know how to post pictures?

- Do you have any dietary allergies/religious/ethical restrictions? Alcohol? Tea/coffee?

- What are your favorite colors (hey if you are buying a vegetable peeler, might as well find out what color, right?)

Anything else?

Me: yes, I have a camera and I'm not afraid to use it

We keep pseudo kosher - no non-kosher animals like pork or shellfish, and we don't mix milk and meat. No allergies. I'm not a big alcohol drinker, and DH is in charge of the espresso machine.

Colors: I love blue, silver, jewel tones, and my kitchen kinda reflects that. Oak cabinets.

Comments (57)

• ziporion
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I do, but I don't know how to post pictures, so if my swap partner would oblige me, I'd be totally grateful.

- Do you have any dietary allergies/religious/ethical restrictions? Alcohol? Tea/coffee?

None whatsoever.

- What are your favorite colors (hey if you are buying a vegetable peeler, might as well find out what color, right?)

Our dining/kitchen area is a deep burgundy red, so any earthy colours would fit right in.

I also just want to let my swap partner know that I'm very, very easy to please so there's no going wrong.

Happy shopping all!

Catherine

• craftyrn
    16 years ago

I have a camera & can post, no allergies but don't do "hot-hot-spicy",tea drinker but Hubby's a coffee(plain)drinker.We try to stick to a low cholesterol, lo salt regime
    but I love to bake -- luckily there's lots of grandkids, neighbors & Firemen around LOL!

Kitchen is earth tones & dull yellow.

Entertaining - heck whole life style is VERY casual.
    Diane

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Phishing phor inpho....

Q

Comments (31)
    Even though it's not even remotely summertime here, I figured I'd add my info to this thread too... Bri Tell us a little about your "summertime cooking style" and whatever else you care to share. 1. Do you grill/eat outdoors often? Do you pack up a picnic basket or typically eat in the yard or kitchen? We grill pretty much year round. It's pretty temperate here and we have a covered patio for our outdoor dining room and grills. While we may not eat dinner outside, we still grill quite frequently through the winter. It's amazing how much you can perk up a dreary winter with a picnic dinner on the living room floor! In the summer, my DH and I sometimes hike up a hill and have a snack, maybe not a full on picnic (it's a bit of a hike) but it's still fun! In the summer we eat outside several times a week if it's not too hot. 2. What colors do you use on your porch/patio/outdoor eating area? We have a somewhat dark wood dining table set, so I try to brighten it up a bit with table runners, candles, chair cushions etc. I love my blue, yellow and lime green runner, basically anything vibrant. Red, blue, green, yellow, you name it! Inside, the cat tends to sit on the dining room table too much for me to keep a table cloth clean so I just leave the protector pads on it and call it good. :) 3. Do you use your regular dishes or do you have special dishes/serving ware for outdoors? Or are you a paper plate/paper napkin kind of girl/guy? We use our regular dishes throughout the year. I'm not big on wasting space in my rather small kitchen or wasting materials in using paper plates. Unfortunately, the small kitchen also means that I don't have a set of "special occasion" china either. 4. Are your summertime gatherings more casual or formal? Pretty much every gathering at our house is casual. I may prepare fancier food for a party, but I like to make friends feel like they're at home when they come over. Maybe someday I'll get into throwing full-on formal dinner parties, but I really like just having good friends over for good food. 5. Do you like to try the latest kitchen gadgets? I would love to play with more gadgets, but I simply don't have the room for many in my kitchen. Of course, I could always make a little room for a new toy if it's something I love (ex: my handheld citrus juicer)! 6. What are your favorite summer drinks? Desserts? Snacks? My tastes don't change a whole heck of a lot from summer to winter, I love mojitos, martinis, lemonade, Diet Coke and just plain old water. As far as desserts, my favorites all involve citrus, key lime, lemon etc. For snacks, I eat fruit throughout the year, popcorn, and yogurt for the most part. 7. What are your favorite summertime cooking/eating/entertaining activities? Do you spend time boating, at a cabin, around a campfire....etc.? We love to go camping, so I'm learning to cook over a campfire. In the winter, I love to make a big pot of stew and invite friends over to sit in front of a nice big fire (hmmm, I'm noticing a trend here). 8. Do you garden and/or grow your own veggies and fruits? Are you one who likes to can and preserve? I tried to grow veggies one year, but I don't love gardening enough to make a garden productive in a very shady area. I just couldn't put enough time into it I guess. I do like canning and freezing, especially Annie's salsa (42 pints this year). 9. Barefoot or flip flops? (Okay I just threw that one in to see if you all were paying attention! Maybe I should have said "boxers or briefs"! LOL) Is neither an option? My DH makes fun of me for continually wearing shoes, even in the house. I guess I have wussy feet and don't like for them to be dry or dirty. I'm just a pansy. :)
    ...See More

Cameras, etc. where do you store them?

Q

Comments (11)
    NOTE... we are not neat freaks... this just happens to be one thing I have under semi-control. I created a *charging station* in the font are of a secretary that I have in the front entry are of our home. I cut a hole in the back and snaked a cord from a surge protected power strip to the plug. OH... first I took a large straight sided basket that i had and also cut a small hole and suck the cord out of it.. so the power strip is in the basket... so then I hooked up the various chargers to the strip and that is where we all put our cell phones and the digital camera when we come in for the day. That way it's all tucked out of site.. but near and charging when we need it. Maddiemom
    ...See More

dietary restrictions while pregnant?

Q

Comments (2)
    You can get the book What to Expect When You're Expecting. The "Best Odds" diet in that book is a nice, healthy diet that is well-balanced and easy to follow. You should avoid raw fish, raw eggs (like in eggnog or hollandaise) and you might want to google some articles about mercury and seafood. There are certain seafoods too high in mercury to be eaten when pregnant.
    ...See More

What type of camera do you use? Would you recommend it to others?

Q

Comments (5)
    Don't have a digital camera, so can't help you there. I can tell you that if you're looking for a 35 mm point and shoot, you get what you pay for when you buy the cheap cameras. To get anything that lasts you're best off in the $100-200 range. Stay away from Vivitar. Consumer reports recommends the Olympus LT-Zoom 105, the Minolta Freedom Zoom Orion, the Canon Sure Short 105 zoom, or if you don't need as much zoom, the Canon Sure Shot 85 zoom is cheaper and just as good. I have an Olympus and it's been a great camera. Recommendations for digital cameras were the Olympus Camedia c-2020 zoom, the c-3030 zomm, and the Nokon Coolpix 800. Some less expensive choices were the Fujifilm FinePix 1400 zoom and the Kodak DC215 zoom.
    ...See More
  • Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

Do you have a camera, and/or do you know how to post pictures? Yes

We keep kosher though we aren't ultra-strict (i.e. we would be fine with eating say jam or something that someone made if they said it didn't have any meat products in it). Evil Jessy said she can help with advice if you have questions regarding that.

Our son who lives with us is vegetarian so we eat vegetarian including eggs and dairy products most of the time even though the rest of us are omnivores.

I love tea - real tea, nothing with flowers in it so no Earl Grey. I seem to be slightly allergic to the flowers in some herb teas. DH is mostly an expresso drinker and he makes me a latte each morning - about the only coffee I drink.

We are fine with alcohol by my taste is the opposite of lackboys3 here :^)- a dry red wine, hard cider, a straight Irish whisky or a gin martini with a twist would be my usual choice.

My favorite colors are blues and greens though it doesn't hurt to have some variety thrown in.

Here is one of our milk plates on our countertop and I've linked a picture of our kitchen below:

• Marigene
    16 years ago

Yes, I have a camera and do post pictures, even though they aren't very good.

I have no restrictions when it comes to foods. I hate tea of any kind and flavored coffees! My favorite alcoholic drink is Amarula...for wine, only drink chardonnay, still looking for a red that isn't "heavy". I do use red in cooking, though.

Favorite color is green, any shade. Kitchen is kiwi with cream cabinets, royal blue glass knobs and drawer pulls.

I collect cookbooks and love to go to TJMaxx, Homegoods, etc. and check out plates! Oh yeah, I love to bake.

I will treasure whatever my partner chooses.

• craftyrn
    16 years ago

I have a camera & can post, no allergies but don't do "hot-hot-spicy",tea drinker but Hubby's a coffee(plain)drinker.We try to stick to a low cholesterol, lo salt regime
    but I love to bake -- luckily there's lots of grandkids, neighbors & Firemen around LOL!

Kitchen is earth tones & dull yellow.

Entertaining - heck whole life style is VERY casual.
    Diane

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

I am not allergic to anything except insect bites and bee stings and something in wine but it has not bothered me this year. And no dietary restrictions at all.

I do have a camera, in fact 2 of them, so no problem with pictures or posting.

We are very casual, although at times we do have formal dinners complete with candles, fine china and silver.

I'm easy and please don't fret, just take the theme literally and send your favorite things.

Michelle

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Hi there, Swap Partner! I'm real easy to please - I like most anything, except flavored coffee and chardonnay....I know, I know....I have tried to like it.

This is all about YOUR favourite things (see...I can spell like a Canadian...ehh?) so I will look forward to trying some things you love.

Teresa

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

And I do have a camera and can post pics.

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

yep and yep

No restrictions, no allergies. I do drink alcohol but not much coffee or tea (can't handle caffeine unless it comes wrapped in dark chocolate!)

I love all colors, but my current decorating color scheme is burgundy, gold, violet and greens. Have a grapes theme going in the kitchen

Anything else?

Think you covered it pretty good, Jessy! One can always search old threads for more info!

Linda

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Do you have a camera, and/or do you know how to post pictures?Yes, I do have a camera and I do know how to post pix.

Do you have any dietary allergies/religious/ethical restrictions? Alcohol? Tea/coffee? No dietary allergies and no religious restrictions. I do restrict myself from indian, mexican, raw meat, sushi. I am not much of a drinker although one would never know that from the amount of liquor in my home, but i do appreciate a good snort every now and again. more of a white wine than a red, but much prefer a good prosecco or dessert wines. I am a hot tea drinker - not into any of the herbal, fruity or funky flavors, I mostly stick with orange pekoe, english or irish breakfast, assam or darjeeling, most of which I brew from loose tea. there are a few other types i like and the old supermarket stand-by is lipton. i don't really do coffee, but keep plenty on hand for guests.

What are your favorite colors (hey if you are buying a vegetable peeler, might as well find out what color, right?) No favorite - but my kitchen is yellow with dark green accents. i'd never turn down a gadget no matter what color it is.

Anything else? I love the theme of this swap. Its all about what "your" favorite things are, so I will be thrilled to receive those things. Afterall, I might not yet realize that something that is your favorite will soon become mine!

maryanne

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Yes, I have a camera and can post pics.
    I don't like flavored teas or coffee. Regular is fine!
    I don't drink alcohol..
    I like to cook and bake and entertain.
    Don't like spicy things ...
    Kitchen pale bluish lav walls..
    Love pretty dishes, glasses and napkins..
    This is my first swap and I am very nervous about finding enough info to make a good choice for my partner!!
    Wasn't there a post one time about what you WOULDN"T want?? I can't find it??

• chancesmom
    16 years ago

Yes, I have a camera and DH helps me post pictures. We have no food allergies or dietary restrictions here! I have Ikea beech cupboards, maple wood and slate laminate floors with greens and golds in kitchen/living/dining room (it is very wide open!) We partake of coffee and anything alcoholic is fine too! Of course, love to cook and entertain and have a very bad habit of trying new recipes for guests.

Looking forward to finding out everyone's "favourites"!!

• jojoco
    16 years ago

I have a camera, so let me do the work. I don't have any dietary restrictions, but I don't like nuts. I love wine and prefer a hearty red to white, but will drink white if it is open. I am a fall kind of girl. I love the season, the colors and the hearty food.
    If you have me, please have fun and don't stress over this-I'm from a big family--I'll love anything.
    Jo

• sigh
    16 years ago

Oh Goody! I was going to start one of these but I knew that somebody would beat me to it. I'm relieved, especially since some of my favorite things are a bit eccentric and I wouldn't want to inflict them on anyone ;-).

Yes and yes. Dishesdone & I must have gone to the same school of blurry & dark photography but I recently discovered that if I put an object on the counter, underneath the undercabinet lighting the picture will come out visible.

No allergies or restrictions. And I've been known to enjoy the occasional cocktail (sweet, life affirming booze)! OK, I've been known to enjoy pretty much anything with a cork or screw top. Actually we really like trying new things be they food or alcohol related, mixing up serious cocktails. We're big fans of finding local favorites. Before my son was born my husband & I would tour extensively by motorcycle and always try to find the local haunts. We're primarily coffee drinkers but avoid flavored coffee.
    I've yet to come across a cuisine that I didn't like but am a huge fan of Cajun & of Southeast Asian. We do not fear heat, or spice.

Vivid, cobalt blues. Bright, acid greens. All of the bright Fiesta ware colors. My kitchen is maple cabinets with Labrador Antique counters and millefiore pendants. There is Fiesta everywhere. Kind of like Carmen Miranda and Sophia Lauren meeting for coffee.

And oh yeah, what Maryanne said: "I love the theme of this swap. Its all about what "your" favorite things are, so I will be thrilled to receive those things. Afterall, I might not yet realize that something that is your favorite will soon become mine!"

I did think of another question, though. Do you have pets? It could be neat if your partner shared the same love of animals.
    I'm a big fan of dogs and am active in Rottweiler rescue. We currently have a big, goofy rescue rottie named Amber. We also have a tiny grey dervish of a cat named Gremlin. I will do my best to keep hair from either OUT of my partner's package!

Nina

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

Yes, I have a camera and I can use it to post pics. I think I have the same camera as dishesdone and nina! lol

No dietary restrictions...but I didn't think we were doing food this time??

I love the theme of this swap. So I want my swap buddy to send me their favorite things.

This swap is going to be very easy for me because I have sooo many favorite kitchen things.

• BeverlyAL
    16 years ago

Yes, I have a camera. It downloads about 100 photos at a time, so I don't use it much. I'd rather someone else post the pic.

No dietary restrictions....but please don't send anything related to fish or seafood because I don't eat it.

Kitchen colors are blue,yellow and red.

I really want my swap partner to send me their favorite things.

Beverly

• lori316
    16 years ago

I know I'm one of the few - no camera.

A few dietary restrictions: No shellfish. Blue is a favorite color of mine, but not on my lips. ;) Also allergic to coconut and pineapple.

Kitchen colors are reds/sage.

I'm looking forward to being more involved again with the forum, as it was a busy summer and I didn't get to play here as much as I would have liked.

No worries, partner, please. Have fun with it.

• brenda55
    16 years ago

I have a camera and on a good day I can post!

No dietary restrictions here, but would prefer no chocolate since GD has a food allergy for that.

I am looking forward to "your favorite things".

I cannot believe someone hasn't yet posted this as I think I hum it everytime I look at this fall swap info:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings
    These are a few of my favorite things....

Brenda

• diana55
    16 years ago

I have a Maltipoo named Kiko. He's two years old...

Diana55

• Bizzo
    16 years ago

I, too, am looking forward to learning about my partner's favorite things! no need to do too much research on me, as we're pretty open to most things... and if you send me a gadget I already have, chance are it's one that's so old I need to replace it (except for the microplane I got in my last swap! Love it!!)

-Do you have a camera, and/or do you know how to post pictures?
    YES!!! I just got a digital camera, and I can now post pics!! no more asking my swap partners to take pictures before mailing. YAY!!!!!!

No caffeine, but otherwise I'll drink most anything!

I love most colors! Blues are my favorite, but my kitchen is burgundy, cream, and brown. My dining room is sage and cream. My good china is gold and navy on white, and my regular everyday china is yellow, blue and white, while my almost everyday china is burgundies and white. My living room is navy, burgundy, and cream...

Bizzo / Elizabeth

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

Love the theme, I've always been concerned that what I like wouldn't be appropriate for my swap partner. Now, it's pay back. Partner...share with me your favorite things without regard to what I like!

Do you have a camera, and/or do you know how to post pictures? Yes, but this is about my partner so if you want to take pictures and post them, let me know and I will back off.
    Do you have any dietary allergies/religious/ethical restrictions? No, but if you do don't send anything that you have dietary restrictions for.

What are your favorite colors (hey if you are buying a vegetable peeler, might as well find out what color, right?) I'm in love with your favorite colors, whatever they are.

Hot & Spicy? Only if you do.

I look forward to sharing your favorites.

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

Cathy, that was really clever!! I want to add to whomever is my swap partner, that I am really an easy to please person, and I'm sure that whatever is your favorite thing, will be mine as well. I don't want to lose sight of the spirit of this swap, and I have to keep reminding myself as I shop that I should be looking at things with an eye to what I like, and what pleases me. This is hard to do. I'm trying......:-)
    DONNA

• jessyf
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Arrgggh gosh darn we are restricted - NO FOOD! That is making it 'challenging' for me!

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

Jessica, What's the non-compliance penalty?

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

Jessy, where did it say no food? I didn't see that.

• granjan
    16 years ago

I didn't see any non food clause either.

Yes, I have a camera and it usually has hundreds of photos on it since editing and downloading seem like work! But I can post. (Wish I knew how to get all the various types of posted pix. Tiny thumbnails seem to be all I can do.)

I like coffee from most everywhere, but NO non coffee flavors. I've tried to like teas but haven't been successful. I drink almost anything alcoholic. And I eat almost everything. I have preferences but no restrictions. LOL

My kitchen is blue and yellow with lime green on the walls. My everyday dishes are an eclectic collection of blue and yellow china patterns. Nothing matches. My living and dining room are peach with lots of white molding, and my good china is plain white Haviland.

No pets. 2 grand-dogs. One here that we often baby sit and one in MN. I'm actually more of a cat person but we've never replaced the last one. We like being able to just go without thinking about a pet.

• jessyf
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mustangs/Cathy: non-compliance...hmmmm lets have Ann come up with that one (grin)

Cloud swift and Granjan: see Ann's original post, link below. No mention of food, just favorite things!

• ann_t
    16 years ago

Jessica read it right. I did purposely leave out "food" in the list of favourite things. For this swap I was thinking more in the lines of cooking related "items" rather than food.

Jessica, I'm the opposite, I find it easier to never send food, but, everyone should do their own thing within the three item limit.

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

Couldn't food (box of chocolates) being a favorite thing? And is booze considered a thing or a food?
    Clare

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping to slip consumables under protection of "etc" that was listed in the swap rules.

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

Aragh, I know I am making this way too complicated but this is my first time so nervous about getting it right. I just read everything more carefully, especially mustangs post. It doesn't what my swap partner likes, it is "my favorite things".

Now I have to take everything back and start over because I bought what I thought they would like not what I liked. Which brings up all kinds of questions. What if I like chocolate, but my swap partner doesn't? (I know who doesn't like chocolate, but there are some strange people out there. LOL) I would feel bad about sending something I like but they didn't. I am getting a headache.
    Clare

• sigh
    16 years ago

aptosca, I'm right there with you. It's my first swap and it's fun..actually more fun that shopping for some of my family members...but I know that I have very ecclectic (or eccentric) tastes and my "OMG I love this!" might very well not be someone elses.

My main concern was over things like allergies or dislikes. Like if my all time favorite cookbook was the big book of meat but my partner was a vegetarian. Or if my partner had pet allergies, I'd want to make sure that I boxed things up prior to bringing them into the house where my cat would most likely lay all over them, projectile shed & then decide to nap in the box. A violent dislike of anise would mean that my all time favorite black licorice (Panda) wouldn't be appreciated. An aversion to fragrances would mean that scented candles would be out. Things like that.

But I'm excited, and very anxious to see what some of the favorites are. I'll bet that we all end up with some new favorites of our own as a result of this swap.

Nina

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

I hear you, Nina. My first swap also. And I understand it is supposed to be my favorite things, but I would like to be sure my favorites aren't my partners dislikes. This is a pet free household, dh has allergies, would the box have dander, I don't know?? Licorice, ugh, but wait, no food this time. All I know is that I have searched for info on my partner for hours and my arse is getting larger as we speak. DH wants to know why I am "wasting" so much time on the computer!! It is a challenge, but I am determined to find favorite things we have in common, or at least things I know will become a favorite if he/she bakes etc. or has an interest in something..
    So if you are out there, and have never filled out one of these posts from old swaps, please do! I need more than the newest are you allergic one, I need history, and it's not there! LOL

• jojoco
    16 years ago

I am going shopping for me and my partner. Afterall, that is the theme. I hope my partner enjoys his or her gifts. But if he or she does't, that's okay. My feelings won't be hurt and I won't feel like I've failed the swap. That's the nature of the theme-MY favorite things. I won't intentionally send something I've seen specifically mentioned as a dietary restriction, but if it is something I love, than I'll probably take a chance on it. I don't drink caffeine, but if I received it, I'd probably bake some cookies and bring the cookies and the coffee to a friend. I would be happy to pass it on and brighten someone elses day. Please, everyone, stop worrying. You are all a great group and it really is the thought that counts. This bears repeating: There is no wrong way to do this. This is my first swap too.
    Jo

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

My last question of the day, I promise. Is chocolate really food? I mean, isn't it in a category all its own? A drug, mood enhancer, aphrodisiac - so I'm thinking its a thing not a food! That's my story and I am sticking to it!
    Clare

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

I am keeping in mind that this swap is about "my favorite things" but I have lots of favorite things so I'm hoping I can select the ones that will be most enjoyed by my partner.

sigh, thanks, I didn't think to mention fragrance issues when "dietary allergies" was asked though my partner might have gotten the idea from what I said about herbal teas. I'm allergic to some of the floral scents - fortunately not a swell up and die type allergy issue - but still not pleasant. Spice, sandalwood, that kind of thing is fine but not floral.
    Panda is my favorite licorice too. And licorice has the advantage that no one else in this house will touch it so it is all for me!

aptosca, chocolate is a tool - an enabler right?

But I'll be good and not send food. I already have two items that I'm pretty set on - just need to get that third one.

• KatieC
    16 years ago

I figure if my partner doesn't need/want/already has something I send, it can be regifted. I love that word.

So. No food? But...but...sighhhhhh....okfine. I love a challenge...

Yes and yes

No restrictions...I like it all. Along with chocolate, tea, coffee and wine are not considered food...right? hehehe

Earth tones, forest green, sage, blues, burgundy, teal. We have lots of wood...that goes with anything.

• arabellamiller
    16 years ago

I love swaps. It's really hard for me to stick to the 3 item limit. But I'll try... I promise!

I have a camera, and my only dietary restriction is that we keep kosher. It's a mellow kind of kosher, so please don't stress about it too much, particularly since food items aren't included. Alcohol, coffee, tea, all fine, but I'm really excited to experience whatever are my swap partner's favorite things, so feel free to send whatever you love. I'm sure I'll love it too!

As for colors, my dated kitchen is very plain and very white, so I like spashes of bright color, particularly bright red and cobalt blue. BUT, if you love brown, send brown!

Here are a link to my blogs, you'll learn more about me from those than you ever needed (or certainly wanted!) to know.

AM

The Dinner Chronicles
    The Ramen Chronicles

• ann_t
    16 years ago

I would have to agree with whoever it was that said "Chocolate, Wine, Coffee and Tea are not foods. Especially chocolate. LOL!!

Ann
    PS. Try hard Arabella.

• alison
    16 years ago

Would it be rude to say -- I already have two of the three and know what the third item is -- just that I haven't seen the right one? Probably, so I won't mention that.

I have a camera and can post.

No allergies, altho' I have certain moral reservations about cooked cabbage. I don't like hot-hot-hot, but I do like spicy; I have tons of herbs and spices and use them on a regular basis.

The big thing about my kitchen -- a I've posted regularly -- is that it's not big. Seriously. Tiny. Miniscule. Check the pictures below if you want a laugh. As such it doesn't have it's own color scheme. But the next room is blue and green, with oak wood and white walls, for what that's worth.

I'm fond of beer and vodka; don't drink much wine. Don't do coffee anymore, and I'm not that big on tea. Sigh. I drink a lot of water.

I like to try new things, and am grateful that Columbus has become quite cosmopolitan. I live in what was the bohemian artsy neighbohood; a lot more restaurants and shops have moved in on the galleries and greasy spoons, but there is still a tremendous diversity within walking distance. I like all kinds of food; Thai, Mediterranean, Eastern European, Midwest comfort food.

It's just me at home, so I do more cooking than baking, but I have an eager and willing panel of taste-testers at the station where I work, and I bake for them frequently.

As has been said before, I'm easy to please. I've never gotten anything in a swap that I didn't like or left me scratching my head, and as a reporter, I love learning about things other people enjoy -- so have fun!

These are a few of my favorite things...
    {{gwi:1466556}}

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Camera, yes
    Beverages: tea or coffee, decaf...green or white mostly, but I love Chai type flavors too. I use booze and wine in cooking but I don't drink it..usually...

No allergies that pertain to food's that I can think of.

Colors are spicy colors, chili, paprika, yellow, green...pumpkins...

• sigh
    16 years ago

Alison- how scrumptious are those cats?!

I must admit that I had two of the three items mentally purchased as soon as I saw the theme of the swap which is why I was so disappointed when I looked like I was going to miss it because...well...I just love these things and I loved the idea of sharing them. The 3rd is giving me a little difficulty if only in the having to narrow it down to 1 more but it gives me an excuse to go shopping & see what sings.

Cloud_swift- I thought of the fragrances because my husband is vilely opposed to anything scented. Potpourri, candles, sachets, even lotions. I've never had a problem with fragrances but after 14 years of having none in the house I find that I've become very sensitive to them. I can barely walk past a place like Yankee Candle.
    My MIL, on the other hand, adores scented things & is constantly giving them to us...whereupon they get promptly regifted or donated. So I guess I'm overly sensitive to sending my partner something that they might find repellent :-).

In my excitement I missed the caveat of no food. Which eliminates the concern about food allergies. But it's still good to know for future swaps!

Nina

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

BUMP, here's another informational thread:-)
    DONNA

• Lars
    16 years ago

I think the "no food" restriction is interesting. BTW, alcohol is food, isn't it?

Do you have a camera, and do you know how to post pictures? Most definitely!

Do you have any dietary allergies/religious/ethical restrictions? Alcohol? Tea/coffee? No coffee for me. I have problems with dairy, but not insurmountable. The main problem is milk - I can have hard cheese and goat or sheep's milk cheeses.

What are your favorite colors Shades of blue, which include turquoise, purple, aqua, etc. I like colors that remind me of the Caribbean. I don't like brown, burnt orange or any colors that look like dirt, excrement, or rotten fruit. I happened to mention this to a professor who was teaching a class on color theory when showed up to class wearing brown. We were supposed to explain why we didn't like a certain color, and these are the associations I have with brown. However, I do like certain woods, but wood is about the only thing brown that I like. I never wear brown, but I have wood cutting boards that I like.

Lars

• jessyf
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I forgot about this thread. I took pictures last time for my partner Susie que, ~whew !

• stacy3
    16 years ago

oh I didn't participate in that swap - so

We love wine - coffee - tea - whatever - lol.

Yes, I have a camera and can post.

I like rich earthy natural tones, I guess. But really anything goes.

Stacy

• maggie2094
    16 years ago

No restrictions, have a camera.

Earth tones. I like Pier 1 type things if that helps...but of course not limited to that. If I was to buy a new vegetable peeler I would buy red. I am not a collector but did start a small collection of pink transferware after seeing Teresa's Easter table last year.

Please don't feel limited to what I write here - I really like so many different styles so I hope I am not confusing. Believe me - you can't go wrong!

• shaun
    16 years ago

I have a camera and will be happy to post pictures for those who dont know how!!

• diana55
    16 years ago

I bought a new camera, so I have one now !!! Diana55

• mer4205
    16 years ago

I do have a camera - just have to figure out how to post pictures. I don't have any dietary restrictions... -maria