Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Start Spreading The News..........

Posted by shaun (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 25, 06 at 17:26

I want to be a part of it, New York New York........

I received a wonderful package today from MAGGIE2094 from NEW YORK!!!!!

Maggie really did a super job in this swap. I love every single thing she included in the box. Including my new little friend who you'll get to meet later in this post.

First, I walked out to my garage to get a bottle of water out of the fridge out there and BOING!!!!! my eyes about jumped out of my face. There sat this box!!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I forgot all about my water and grabbed the box and ran inside with it and ripped into it as fast as I could!!

This is what I found inside.....

Yea I know, there are more than 3 items but really and truly, two of them go hand in hand I promise! And they were my favorite part of the box. It's Pasty's Vodka Sauce home made from Pasty's and a bag of Penne pasta (from Trader Joes') but as Maggie said, "Hey YO!, Mangia!!"

Next was my favorite part of the box, a set of little bowls from China Town - they are so pretty and I know I'll use the heck out of them!

Next was my favorite, ..... an Italian cookbook from none other than PATSY'S!! This is a landmark restaurant in New York with a foreword by Nancy Sinatra! These Boots Are Made for Walkin..... and that's just what they'll do...........one of these days........ oh, sorry. ahem.... look:

This is my favorite thing in the box.... my new little friend, who I've named Maggie Mae:

We can't have a swap without a frog now can we? But this frog is from New York! A classy frog. With a sense of style and charm. Just like all New Yorkers.......hee hee!! You do know that my husband and his family are from New York, right?

So here is a pic of all my goodies from Maggie... you done good girlfriend! You are now my new best friend. Thank you so so very much for everything - it's like you knew exactly what I'd like to have.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Start Spreading The News..........

That swap should be mine! I am a big Italian food lover Maggie, give it to me! That box rox! Enjoy Shaun.

janet

o

That's a great cookbook!! I've checked it out from the library before, and it has a lot of great personal stories to go along with the recipes. Shaun, you're gonna love it! And the pasta and sauce sound terrific, perfect mates for the cookbook. Love the bowls too, great swap box Maggie!

o

A perfect New Yawk swap box! Excellent choices, Maggie, You done great! Love the bowls, so nice! Enjoy, Shaun! The frog is the best! LOL, nice going! Enjoy it all, Shaun, can't wait to see what you make first!

Carol

o

Took me until the third item to notice that you hadn't made a mistake calling 2 things your favorite Shaun. LOL, very funny. I however can pick a clear favorite, the bowls. So please wrap them up all nice and send them to me. No!!? Well, it looks like next time I am visiting home a trip to China town is in order. Well done Maggie.

-Robin

o

Can't bet a package from NYC! I loved Patsy's...when I was lucky enough to get in ONCE. And of course, vodka sauce is my fav.

The bowls will make great dipping bowl for EVOO and herbs.

o

My favorite is the bowls...no the frog...no the cookbook...oh well, I love it all :) The cookbook sounds like it will as much fun reading as using!

o

Having recently visited NYC..I started singing the tune in my head immediately:)

Great selection..Wish I had heard of Patsy's before!

For the road trip down..I compiled a CD w/ all NY songs..my girls moaned..I said ..wait! Even The Eagles are on it.. more moans:)

o

Oh Shaun, everything is fantastic!
Maggie, great choices!

Jayne

o

Shaun,

I can see a great pasta dinner in your future:) That frog is certainly elegant and unique.

Stacie

o

Whew. So glad Maggie Mae kept everything safe for the trip. She just hopped in the box in Chinatown! Her top comes off :0 to hold rings and trinkets.

Shaun, I am so delighted you liked everything! I didn't know that your husband is from New York! ha haaa I thought you would like the Italian recipes. I snuck in the pasta from TJ's cause you can't have sauce without macaroni! I was going for a multi-cultural New York theme...homemade/handcrafted and local mean so many things when everything here is from somewhere else...so I did it "myyyy way"! ;)

I had a blast shopping for you.

o

Maggie, I love it all! Thanks again my friend! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Love that cute lil froggy! That's a fine New Yawk package you got there Shaun!

o

Whew, Maggie strikes it big again! I just knew that package was going to be spectacular. I love it all! (Is the frog a swap-hopper? I must have missed that somewhere.)

Shaun, you're gonna love it all, I can tell. Now, if I can just get that song outta my head...!

o

I love China Town! Great Job Maggie!

Shaun, Enjoy your box-o-goodies.

o

Oh -- little bowls ! So many uses for them . great idea tying the cookbook with same maker sauce & pasta Maggie--

Hey I didn't know NYC even had frogs-- figures they would be so good looking !

Can see why you couldn't decide on a favorite Shaun!

o

Those bowls are adorable, aren't they? Lovely package, maggie. Lucky you, Shaun.

o

Fabulous package, Maggie! You can start right here with taking orders for those beautiful little bowls.

Are you going to share that Vodka Sauce, Shaun? (I don't know if I would.) Enjoy!

o

I love the bowls too, beautiful colours and just the right size... I like the idea of using them for olive oil. Great regional items Maggie, love the tie in with the book and the pasta stuff. The frog is adorable too!

Enjoy, Shaun!

Catherine

o

Maggie - that's a wonderful package. I can taste that yummy pasta. And the bowls are lovely. Olive oil is good - or tapenade - mustard or mayo or aoili -or sorbet - or - so many things.

Shaun - have you already been sipping that Vodka sauce. You obviously meant Patsy's - and not pasty's. Now if the swap box was from Jessy, it might have been pasties. Enjoy it all and be sure to leave some recipes on the thread for swap cookbook recipes.

Lynn.

o

Oooo, love the frog! And those bowls are so cute.

o

A great assortment of New York goodies. Love the beautiful little bowls.
Linda

o

Ok, not to beat a dead horse, but I COVET the bowls too! And what are you trying to do to Jessy choosing that page of the cookbook?

I can't wait to properly retire and travel the world. I just added Patsy's to my list of "must-see" places. Great job Maggie--and Shaun, enjoy your wonderful bounty of gifts!

o

Oh, I agree, those bowls are so darned cute and so is the frog.

What a nice box you put together, Maggie. I can already tell that Shaun loves it.

Annie

o

heh heh heh ribbet ribbet ribbet

Careful what you post on other forums on GW before a swap ('hop' on over to Home Disasters)

Good eye, finally!

o

Add me to the lovers of the darling little bowls. There are two of us & I must have 50 "little bowls". lol One just NEVER can have too many...

What a perfect package from NY. A loaf of bread, a bottle of wine, and Maggie Mae to watch over...and you've got one fantastic meal there.

I'm anxious to see your post of a few of the recipes.

Enjoy your pasta dinner, Shaun! Great gift package representing New York, Maggie. Good job.

Tricia

o

Me too, me too, I love those bowls. That frog is very cute, and the pasta dinner looks scrumptios. Italian cookbooks are always fun, and one from a famous New York restaurant will be lots of fun. Good job, Maggie, Shaun is very lucky!

Sally

o

I understand why everything is your favorite!LOL Great taste of NYC. I've been trying to get myself to Chinatown,in SF, for months. You've inspired me to get there soon.

o

I love your enthusiasm for this cool package Shaun and I love the contents too.

Great job Maggie.

Lee

o

That's a great package! I love vodka sauce and the cookbook is very cool, too. I hear it's pretty hard to get into Patsy's. You've gotta post some recipes, Shaun. Love the bowls! Nice job, Maggie.

o

Oopsie, I've been *saying* PATSY'S but spelling it Pasty's....

Pasty's....... my my aren't those the little things you paste on your ..... nevermind.

o

Shaun got a frog! Neener, neener, neener!

What a cool assortment of NYC stuff! I love it all!

Linda

o

I too loove those little bowls!

o

Wake up Maggie I think I've got something to say to you.... great swap box!! Cool bowls and cookbook! I can see Shaun loves it from her post. Love the little frog! You will NEVER live down the frog theme Shaun! LOL!

David

o

Ribbit Ribbit, hey Shaun, it's a pretty one! Those bowls are lovely and how cool to have a cookbook from a great restaurant. I love New York!

o

Shaun, that little frog won't be climbing up your windows and doors when it rains!

What a nice NYC package, share some of the recipes from the cookbook. I love the bowls, just everything!

o

Great box Maggie. Very nice taste of NYC. I love the bowls. I think I love all bowls. Wonderful looking cookbook too.

Shaun I was out shopping the other day and saw some frogs and immediately thought of you. Enjoy your package.

Tracey

o

Actually, I love the wrapping paper! Thanks for including that photo. Plus I love little bowls - I have lots of them (mostly Japanese) and use them all the time.

Patsy's reminds me of Ab Fab, but that was last decade. I went to an Italian restaurant in Palm Springs that FS used to go to, and the food there was great. I think it was called Capra's, after the owner's father, Frank Capra. Anyway, it reminded me of Brooklyn and my San Francisco Sicilian roommate from Queens. I look forward to seeing some recipes!!

Lars

o

Oh--frogs--now I get it!! I just found the Home Disasters thread. I'm so sorry, Shaun. :~) At least this frog is adorable, don't you think?

o

Vodka sauce, my favorite. And I'm always envious of anything TJ's since we don't have one close by.

Great package...and of course the frog is the icing on the cake! LOL

o

My husband and I collect frogs, and that one is really unique! (no not live ones hopping around the house... art frogs, some stuffed frogs, etc).

And I love the little bowls. I got some from Brenda55 in the last swap and I use them all the time. (But mine were texan, not from china town).

pasta is my comfort food, and penne with vodka sauce sounds great!

And now I want to check out Patsy's in person, and the cookbook!!

Enjoy!

o

Another Italian cookbook I'd love to get my hands on! (I love Nancy Sinatra.) I can't believe I've never had Vodka sauce...I'm gonna have to fix that! Looking forward to seeing recipes from the cookbook! The bowls are really great. I got some from Gina in a previous swap. They live in the dishwasher basically. I use them, put them in the DW, use them again, put them in the DW...I rarely put them away they're in such frequent use! Cute frog!

Great package!

o

What a fun box. Those little dishes are great, I love them! Enjoy!

o

Oh Shaun - lucky girl - everything looks wonderful!

They'd all be my favorite, too!

The cookbook looks great.

Super representative box, Maggie - just super!

o

Carol, what a wonderful representation of the "Big Apple"! The bowls are gorgeous!! I love Patsy's!! That cookbook is certain to be a favorite! Enjoy!

PS - I am a "frogaphobic" as well -

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here