SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsyshell

WANTED: wanted: to say wow,wow,wow!

artsyshell
16 years ago

Yesterday I was out all day, forgot something and popped home the same time as the Canpar truck showed up. Signed for my box, but had to wait to open it as I had to rush back out (WAHH!) Didn't get home till after midnight so had to wait til this morning to open it. Had to rush out again in the am, so again had to wait(WAHH). I wanted to make sure I savoured every moment of my swap package, It was sooo worth the wait!

Janet (Chancesmom), You are my new best friend!!!

First came the box,

{{gwi:1466427}}

Loved all the clingy, sticky styrofoam (lol)

{{gwi:1466428}}

Pulled 4 wrapped packages from the clingon foam (which has now nicely clung to me, the floor, the appliances, lol)

{{gwi:1466429}}

This was the first package I unwrapped, but as you can see it is not unwrapped, it is covered in a beautiful tissue paper. First the card, which is beatifully handcrafted, (did you make it Janet?), even the paper of the envelope was unique in that it was made from a textured paper! Inside Janet wrote a wonderful note, explaining their meaning and how they are special to her. (When you see the gifts that are special enough in their own right, to hear why they are special to someone else, makes the gifts that much more precious)!

{{gwi:1466430}}

The first gift was a book, here's what Janet wrote:

"a wine book by my favourite wine/writer and reviewer and she is canadian too"

How cool is that? I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE wine! and I love to read, so how perfect is that. Janet I have never seen or heard of this book or author before, but I can't wait to start reading it. I will be sure to enjoy it with a beautiful glass of wine while I am reading it. The book looks fabulous, and the fact that it is a laugh out loud funny book is even better. (the ends of the pages in this book are even textured)! Thankyou,Thankyou!

{{gwi:1466431}}

Present number two in the order that I opened it:

{{gwi:1466432}}

Now I have to tell you when I opened this one I thought Wow! I don't think I have ever seen anyone receive a bottle of dish soap before in a swap, so this must be somekind of kickass dish soap,lol,then I thought must be the powerscrubber beads in the soap, (never seen that before), this must truly be amazing stuff!....Then I opened package number three..

All I can say is again wow! Inside was a beatiful amber coloured coloured glass dispensor bottle that reminded me in shape of a gourd. Janet wrote: "a beautiful glass bottle on the counter beside the sink for dishoap. I got mine for a wedding gift from a dear friend".

Janet thankyou so much, I love this and the colour is so totally perfect for my wallcolor, (it's as if you have been in my kitchen)! Presently my soap resides under the kitchen cupboard in it's original packaging, which is not something one usually displays on their counter, so this is so perfect! Again thankyou. (also explained the dishsoap).

{{gwi:1466433}}

Then there was gift number three: Wow doesn't even do justice to this one! Inside were the most beautifully handcrafted (by her sister no less)! stainless steel serving pieces. These are absolutely exquisite!!

Janet wrote: "beautiful beaded serving pieces, similar to a pair my sister made me. She made these to go with your dining room decor-hope they match!!"

Oh Janet they match so perfectly with my dininingromm decor and my kitchen decor! The colours of the beads even pick up the colours in my dish set. They are truly beautiful, and thankyou so very much for asking your sister to make them for me, and please, please thank your sister for me! She is truly a gifted artist!

{{gwi:1466434}}

{{gwi:1466435}}

{{gwi:1466436}}

and here are all my lovely things together:

{{gwi:1466437}}

Janet you have wonderful taste in gifts, and your favourites are definately my favourites! You are so right, we do have an awful lot in common! I will truly treasure everthing you have given me and again thanyou so very much!

Every detail of your package was perfect, including the wrapping! Did I mention the glittery confetti tissue paper..remnants of the glitter sparkling ever so nicely across my countertop (big grin). It was all perfect!!!!

Shelley (your new best friend)

Thanks again Annt for coordinating these swaps. It is such a nice way to get to know fellow members on a more personal level.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz