SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chase_gw

WANTED: All the way from North Dakota!!!

chase_gw
17 years ago

Well it just about killed me to sit through hooker school knowing my swap parcel was waiting at the post office.

Adele thank you so much for a great swap parcel. It's uncanny the things you chose and how they are so me.

First the cookbook...Mario Batali!!!!!! Eat your heart out Monique! LOL I love Mario and I love Italian, I have none of his books and this one looks awesome. It is a James Beard Foundation award winner and is simply gorgeous! The recipes, text and photography are outstanding, can't wait to hit the tub tonight!

Next is a cookbook published by the University of Minnesota press and written by Beatrice Ojakangas. It features Scandinavian food (eat your heart out Woodie!). I never knew that there was such a large Scandinavian influence in Minnesota. What's really funny about this is that Adele specifically mentions the lefse and sent a hysterical picture of "her" making lefse. Sometime ago, but long ago enough that the thread has gone, someone posted about lefse and I was so intrigued by it. I questioned the OP about technique and recipes and was very keen to make some but haven't yet. I will now!

Last but not least an adorable little basket pendant( I love baskets) made by a local artisan. Adele mentioned wanting to find something to go along with my hooker trade but settled for the basket. Well it just so happens the little basket is a perfect size for my hooks! I love it!

Thanks again Adele, I love everything and will think of you often as I enjoy the lovely things you chose for me!

Sharon

PS: Sorry, no pics until I figure out this d@!mn new camera!

Comments (36)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022