Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To My Partner

Posted by robinkateb (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 13, 06 at 14:36

Ah, at last I am done deciding what to send you, however the wait is not over yet. You see the cookbook has not arrived yet and I only placed the order for your local item last night. I could have gone to get it, but the temptation to go on a spending spree would have been too much for me. So paying shipping is the more frugal choice.

Then there is your homemade goodies, which I believe is 3/4 complete... There is one item I would really like to make and add to the grouping, as time permits.

You local was the hardest choice for me to make, would you want some syrup, or chocolate, how about some salad dressing, or I could send a Snow Flake Bentley photo of a single snow flake crystal? Oh the choices they might kill me I thought as I tried to narrow it down. Finally I remembered ____ ______ ____ and looked there yesterday. I thought maybe a ___ to help you make a ___ ____, there was a _____ ___ ___ that had that and some more. But no it was backordered, and it seemed a little mean. So I got you a ______ ___ with ________ for _______ and a ____ ______ ____ too. You said you like to ____ _______ in a thread so long ago, so this should fit, I hope...

So while I am done deciding, and even the shopping is done, your package is not ready, you will have to wait some more I am sad to say. But do not pine or fear, it will be ready some day...

-Robin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To My Partner

But no it was backordered, and it seemed a little mean.

LOL - I can't wait to see this one and hear the whole story! Robin you're such a tease....

Stacy

o

What a tease you are Robin. LOL!

Ann

o

You are evil evil evil bwaaaaaaaaa ;)

o

Oh, I would definitely appreciate a ____ _____ _____.

o

If you have a true original of a Snow Flake Bentley I would keep it! THATS A TREASURE!!! No, I'm not hinting.

(p.s. I finally returned your jars today, sortof...)

o

I hope you have my address right.....hurry and send it to ME.

o

Me too! I want a ______ ___ with ________ for _______ and a ____ ______ ____ too!

o

I've got all my deciding done too...
The homemade/handmade is a work in progress...the local item is noted, and will be procured next week. The Cookbook..that will be whatever strikes my fancy on a shopping spree this weekend.....

o

Okay partner your ______ ___ with ________ for _______ and a ____ ______ ____ too, should be at my house on October 18th. Amazing that somthing that is traveling from VT to VT and was shipped on the 13th is going to take 5 days. Perhaps that is becasue according to the package tracking it is leaving the state to spend some time in Massachusetts. Hope it has a nice vacation. I am feeling a more confident that you will like it, maybe...

As for the cookbook, it is scheduled to arrive between the 17th and 30th. So I guess I have a little time to make the last item.

Jessy, no I do not have an original Snowflake Bentley. However there are reproductions available.

-Robin

o

Robin you have officially taken over the "evil" title.....

o

Thats a good thing, Sharon!

o

Heh heh heh!!

Something tells me Jessy will retain her hard won title.

-Robin

o

Chocolate, by all means. :-)))

o

Ooh ooh, I bet I'M her partner - she knows how long i've wanted a ________ and a ________. LOL

Those snowflake things are truly awesome. I saw photos on the net and they were so cool. There is a collection of prints made from these slides at the Buffalo Museum of Science, apparently.

o

Okay partner I just received your cookbook in the mail today. The funny thing is it has a mark on the cover of where a sticker used to be in just the same place as my own copy. So now I just have to decide if I wish to make one more thing or go with what I have. So I will be shipping early next week either way.

Robin

o

Robin, just so you know, it is easy to remove marks on book covers from stickers using lighter fluid. I only know this because I bought a cookbook for Matt in the used book store on Tuesday and that is how the owner removed a black sticky mark on the cover. Was so quick. Better than the "goo" remover that I have.

Ann

o

Okay, the package was shipped today. I think it will arrive on Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. Thats good Tuesday should be a busy day for me so it will keep my package checking to a minimum.

-Robin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here