Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just In Time!

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 19, 06 at 12:50

The suitcases are in the car, we are ready to take off for a week and just as I was gathering up last minute things, the mail person pulled into the driveway. Fifteen minutes later and we would have been gone..... The computer was shut down and disconnected from the cable....

My swap package from Tricia is here!

The first thing I opened, is a cookbook titled "Saltwater Foodways" by Sandy Oliver, pub. by Mystic Seaport Museum. I cracked open the cover far enough to see that is even autographed, I'll be reading this in the car! Tricia mentioned in her note that it is more history of recipes than recipes....I'm going to love it!

It was wrapped up in a Mystic Pizza T-Shirt!

My 'Handmade' present is from Bennington Pottery. It is a set of two covered bowls on a matching platter. It's just gorgeous and fits my colors and look perfect! I will really, really enjoy using it.

In Tricia's note she said that I should be expecting my local present to arrive on Halloween, since I'm on vacation and need to be home for sure when it arrives....I can hardly wait.

Tricia, I hope you were able to take a picture of the beautiful pottery and the book. I am so glad I was still here to recieve this box...Thank You soooo very much!

I'll try to get to another computer while on vaca, but it probably won't be until tomorrow night.

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just In Time!

What a great send off to your vacation, and the added bonus of a cookbook to read en route! And a nice comfy t-shirt to wear is an added bonus!

Catherine

o

How ingenious to wrap a gift in a t-shirt and what a good way to sneak in an extra gift.

I was at Mystic Seaport a few weeks ago and had a great time in the gift shop. What a perfect place to shop for "local." The cookbook sounds ideal

Can't wait for the pix.

Pam

o

How wonderful a package before you go on vacation and another when you return! Can't wait to see the pottery.

Have a great vacation, travel well and travel safe.

o

Wow, talk about perfect timing! I can't wait to see the pictures, I love pottery! And some interesting reading amterial for the trip to boot! Awesome!

And the suspense mounts for the Halloween delivery....

Linda

o

Wow that *was* perfect timing!!!! Great gifts!
Enjoy your vacation Nancy, can't wait to see what comes in the Halloween delivery!

o

I love the t-shirt wrapping - how clever! Can't wait to see photos!!!

o

Sounds like a wonderful start with the suspense of what will come next. great job Tricia. nancy enjoy your goodies and your vacation.

Robin

o

Wow, Tricia's timing couldn't have been better.

Tricia sent me the photos to post.

Beautifullly wrapped

The pottery is lovely. And you have to look closely because the set is almost the exact colour of Tricia's beautiful antique cupboard.

And Nancy how nice that you will have something else to look forward to after you return from your vacation.

Hope you and Kim have a wonderful relaxing time together.

Ann

o

Whew, big sigh...

I've been on pins & needles all day hoping, hoping, hoping the mailman wouldn't get stuck in his route...

Nancy, you are a difficult women to tie down! Were it not for Ann, I'd of been in trouble for sure...

Tricia

o

You are right! The bowls are perfect for your home:) I like the Tshirt wrapping also:)

o

The pottery is beautiful! Great timing, and really nice going, Tricia! What a great package! Enjoy it all, Nancy! Have a safe trip!

o

What a nice package, Tricia! Love the bowls and I know Nancy is glad to have a new cookbook to read in the car.

Have a safe, enjoyable trip, Nancy and Kim!
Teresa

o

Wow, Tricia, you rock! I've seen that Saltwater Foodways book in the gift shop and it looks great. I did a bunch of my last swap shopping in the Seaport Giftshop! That pottery is indeed beautiful! I can't wait to hear/see the "local."

Good job, and great timing for Nancy!

o

I am glad you got your package before you left, Nancy. And the pottery is perfect for you since you have such an eclectic collection of it. Nice job, Tricia. Can't wait to see the Halloween package!

o

Isn't the timing with these swaps amazing, now you have something to read while away Nancy! That pottery set is really nice and I can think of a lots of uses for the pieces! Nice gifts Tricia....and still more on the way.

Have a nice vacation Nancy, thanks for bringing us up do date on your way out of town!

janet

o

Wow..love that pottery!
Gorgeous!

o

You couldn't have timed it more perfect, Tricia. You're making me want to take a drive to Mystic! Very creative wraping.

Great package. I especially love the bowls.

Have a safe trip, Nancy & Kim!

o

That T-shirt was sneaky (and clever!)

o

Nancy, I am as excited as you are about the gift you will receive on Halloween. The pottery is just beautiful, and I'm sure you will love reading the cookbook. Enjoy your trip.

o

Nancy, I love those gifts! Great timing too. Have a great vacation!
Tricia, Great job!

Jayne

o

What beautiful pottery. Great choices, Tricia...ooohhh and there is more? How fun for you, Nancy!

o

What beautiful pottery, and how nice to have a good cookbook to read while traveling. Such creative giftwrap, too. I never would have thought of wrapping a give in a t-shirt. Great idea.

Sally

o

Holy, Moly! What great gifts. An autographed cookbook. Wonderful pottery. And you were so craft - sneaking in extras by wrapping in a tee-shirt and getting a pottery set with 3 pieces. And one more to come. Very clever! And, Nancy, how fortunate for you. Enjoy them and enjoy your vacation.

Lynn.

o

Beautiful pottery ! And that sounds like a fun cookbook-- should be interesting reading .

Very nice choices Tricia --

Have a pleasant trip Nancy & Kim.

o

Serendipitous, for sure, for you to still be there as the package is delivered! But I'm certain that package was left at the wrong house. So, Nancy, now I have to wait for you to return before you can get them to me? The bowls match my house perfectly - Tricia, how DID you know? And the cookbook and shirt are also unique and wonderful. How thoughtful! Now how do we fix this and get those things to Colorado...? (mine, mine, mine...!)

o

The pottery jars are lovely and the cookbook sounds interesting.

o

I love pottery and wouldn't mind having that at my house. I'm glad you didn't miss the mailman Nancy. I hope you have a nice vacation. It's nice that you have something to look forward to when you return.

Tricia, You are sneaky wrapping in a shirt:-) You put together a great package. I can't wait for the rest.

Tracey

o

Wow! Gorgeous!

(and for me, that's pretty speechless!)

The pottery bowls almost look like wood. Yeah, they'd fit right in at my house too! (grin).
Deanna

o

Nancy, that pottery is just right for your house, I can easily see you using them for dips or condiments, maybe sour cream and cheese for chili or salsa and guacamole for chips.

Plus a new book to read enroute, the timing is perfect.

Enjoy your package and travel safely, both you and Kim.

Annie

o

Well, it had to happen sooner or later (more than three tings, LOL) but wow, what a package! Can't wait to see the Halloween one...or should I hide?

Nice loot, Tricia!

o

I love those pottery colors. I am waiting to hear a cookbook review! What great timing. Adele

o

Nice catch! Hope you have a great vacation, Nancy, and catch up on reading your new cookbook. Great package, Tricia.

o

Lovely bowls and lucky you to have another goodie coming! An autographed cookbook? Very cool. Nice job, Tricia.

o

Weeelllll, guess I was sneaky with the T-shirt. But, my nickname is "Triple T" (which stands for Terrible Trouble Tricia!) lol I'm quiet, shy, and nobody ever knows exactly what I'll do next...and trouble just seems to follow me.

Got tell something about that tee. I have a choice of Mystic Pizza tees. The one I finally decided on to wrap Nancy's present and then...the one I really wanted to get but was too chicken.

Mystic Pizza has two mottos...one for the tourists and one for the locals. I got Nancy the tourist version...it says, "A Little Slice of Heaven, Mystic Pizza". The local tee says, "Have You Had A Hot Piece Recently? Mystic Pizza"

You have to ask for the latter and they have to know you...otherwise, they say, "Sorry, this is a family restaurant!" :)

Since this was my first swap, I decided I'd better be a good girl. :(

Tricia

o

I have just a quick moment, we are in Mt Vernon Ohioand meeting friends for lunch.

Tricia, the 'Hot Piece" T-Shirt would have worked also. no doubt about it!

Again, I really love the pottery and while I've not much time to get into the cookbook yet, I did bring it with me and am anxious to start reading.

Nancy

o

I'm discovering way too many interesting cookbooks with this swap. What a great cover! And the pottery is lovely.

o

Very nice package you have there Nancy! I really like that pottery too, it would look great in my place. LOL Way to go Tricia..... and there's more to come?! Y'all enjoy the rest of your vacation!

David

o

I love that pottery. The cookbook with history has to be a winner, too. Hope you are enjoying your vacation, Nice, very nice, Tricia.

o

Great package, Tricia. The pottery is lovely and the cookbook looks like it'll be fun read, with good recipes, too. Enjoy it, Nancy. (And now I'm wondering why I never seem to think of novel wrapping ideas like that cute t-shirt??)

o

I love those pottery jars, and what an interesting cookbook--can't wait to hear more about it! Love the idea of a T-shirt as gift wrap--that was sneaky... Great selections, tricia!

o

LOL on the local T-Shirt Tricia. DH would love it. The pottery is very lovely and look like it fits in perfectly in its new home. What a fun cookbook too. The history behind the food is often as fun as the food is. Enjoy Nancy, and have a safe trip.

o

oooh boy - I love love that pottery!

And the book is autographed!! wow!

I can't wait to see what the last thing is!!!!!!

Great job, Tricia!

Stacy

o

Very nice package and clever "wrapping", Tricia! I love those bowls!! The cookbook looks very interesting. Nancy, I can't wait to hear about #3!!! Hope you are having a fantastic vaca.

o

How perfect to receive your package just as you were leaving. The pottery is lovely and the book looks intriguing. If anyone deserves "A Little Slice of Heaven", you do Nancy. Hope you and Kim have a great vacation.

Lee

o

The pottery bowls and tray are lovely and look perfect in your home, the cookbook a great read AND you get to enjoy the anticipation of one more package. Lucky you.
Linda

o

Oh oh oh, this is a nice package. The pottery fits in perfectly!

Great job!

o

I love the covered bowls - unfortunately, I don't have any:(. I'm always improvising covers for bowl to keep things hot, and I would love to have matching covers that fit! It looks like the colors are perfect.

Hope we get to see a pic of you in the T-shirt! The book sounds like good reading also.

Great selections!

Lars

o

Great pottery. I love the tee shirt as wrapping paper! I like to read cookbooks like regular books, so yours sounds like a good read! And there's more to come? Wow!

Great job Tricia!

o

The pottery bowls are beautiful and just the right size to get lots of use. Share some recipes from the cookbook!

Can't wait to see you Halloween surprise! How exciting.

o

Love the t shirt idea -- the package is really nice. Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here