SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beverlyal

WANTED: A Box, a Picture and A Story to Tell

BeverlyAL
16 years ago

A little while ago I was in the shower and heard the doorbell ring. I came out and DH had placed a package on the cabinet delivered by UPS so it said. I said "that's strange, they never deliver until around 5:30 PM." DH said that when the doorbell rang and he went to the door it was just in time to see a lady jogger leaving our driveway who had brought the box. It had obviously been left at the wrong house. I looked and sure enough it was from Kathleen.

Kathleen really outdone herself. The first box she sent contained two four piece sets of beautiful leaf plates and a non-stick apple tart pan. I've never owned a tart pan so I can't wait to make an apple tart. I need recipes please. Also those plates with the beautiful brown veining that does not show up well in the photo are going to be wonderful to use for one of my ladies luncheons. Thank you Kathleen! Now, wouldn't you think that's three items? I did, so I posted that I had my swap box. But no, Kathleen tells me that the eight plates count as only one item and there's another box coming. Here's the contents from the first box.

All together.

The second box contained four oversized, lovely 100% cotton, blue and white dishtowels. Someone told her that was my favorite kitchen colors and they were so right. With the towels and just in time for Thanksgiving was a cute little turkey handle spreader. She packed it with a copy of a newspaper from where she lives and a nice note telling me I'm not the only Irish lass on the forum and a very special personal note. Thank you for working so diligently to put together such a wonderful package Kathleen. I'm so glad you didn't find a 2.5 quart pot.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Capital City Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Arlington County's Committed Custom Home Builder & General Contractor