Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Quick Note on Pictures

Posted by triciae (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 29, 06 at 11:46

craftrn, I'm sorry. I had said that DH would take pictures of your wonderful swap package I received & I'd post them this weekend.

Unfortunately, we had a dousy of a storm blow through here yesterday (still blowing but rain has stopped). The Sound did not stay where it belonged and our neighborhood's been flooded. Don't know how big the storm surge was 'cause those idiots at NOAA DIDN'T put out a Coastal Flood Warning...oh no...not them. They put out a high wind warning & a fresh water flood warning but not for the huge surge. It was amazing! The water even breached the bulkhead at Mystic Drawbridge and the entire downtown River Walk was flooded (under about 2' at high-tide). Our neighborhood has been blocked off by the Police. Water's drained out but we have a real mess!

In addition, about an hour ago, our immediate neighbor's large maple tree blew over onto his deck and house. My DH is over there now with his chain saw helping to cut it down enough to get most off the house. I'm doing mop up at home. No time for pictures this weekend!

I'll get the pictures...just not right away.

Tricia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Quick Note on Pictures

Good Heavens Tricia-- don't worry about pictures-- it's wayyyyyyyy down in things you need to be doing right now-- just stay safe & dry . Hope weather calms down for you-- we've had lots of wind and areas N of us have lots of downed electric lines etc but so far no damage here except for a few good sized tree limbs-- luckily landing on nothing but lawn .

o

goodness...yes do what you need to do. I am surprised you had power to post and time to post.

Take care, janet

o

Wow, how frightful!
I hope you guys have seen the last of it!

o
RE: WANTED: Quick Note on Pictures//

This is when we started to think it was not going to be a good afternoon...the blur is due to driving rain & wind blown salt spray.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houston...we've got a problem

o
RE: WANTED: Quick Note on Pictures///

Sorry, I just can't seem to get the pictures here like I'm supposed to...

This is our dock about an hour before high-tide.

Here is a link that might be useful: Where's the dock...?

o
RE: WANTED: Quick Note on Pictures////

Last one...

Just another average Saturday off to the store...

The cop came back & put up a road block so nobody could get or out after that until this morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oozing into back yard

o

OH my goodness!!!!!!!

o

Nothing is more frightening to me than to see the ravages that water can do. Hang in there, and I hope you don't have water damage at your home.

o

Wow! So that's oozing, huh? It looks like more than oozing to me. The way those wires are blowing around is really scary. Hoo boy, what a storm!

Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here