SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sigh_gw

WANTED: As if I didn't already adore Diana55...

sigh
16 years ago

Now I'm head over heels! I love everything about this box, including the box itself! Sorry to keep you all in suspense but I couldn't get online from home last night.

I've always enjoyed Diana55's posts and she has such a great sense of humor. When she mentioned that her swap package was heading east and posted half of a globe I kept thinking "boy, I hope it's me...I'll bet her favorites are a blast".

I made it to the post office in time and when they brought out my parcel I started grinning uncontrolably. Of course the first thing that I looked for was the sender's name but the box itself was covered with stickers of autumn leaves:

I think that I knew it was Diana before I even saw her name...and speaking of globes, I had to break out the atlas when I got home to see exactly where in BC the box came from!

I got the box home & the resident customs inspector did a check for food items:

She found none, and I was cleared to removed the first layer of bubble wrap, revealing this:

Even more autumn leaves inside the box! I'm already delighted and I haven't even gotten to the favorites yet.

Little did I know that while the box itself was a treasure the real treasures were inside:

I was too excited to photograph them one by one! First out of the box was a foldable cutting board, kind of like a combo cutting board and prep taxi. I have wanted one of these FOREVER but never got around to buying one...didn't even mention it on any of the fishing threads so Diana must be psychic.

Second was the box...so pretty, tied with a ribbon, and too pretty to unwrap so I photographed it closed. But when I opened it, it turned out to be two boxes:

Aren't they gorgeous? They look like jewelry. And I can't believe it because I covet these little bejeweled utensils whenever I see them. A set of 4 forks & 4 knives and so pretty that I need to have 3 girlfriends over for cocktails immediately so that we can put them to use.

But the thing that convinced me that Diana & I were obviously separated at birth was the bowl:

It's flat out gorgeous. I've always loved bowls like this. I think that they're beautiful simply by themselves, but we also had one that was used as a fruit bowl for holidays. I never had room for anything like this since our house was soooo tiny until we expanded last year. JUST THIS WEEK I was thinking that I could finally start looking for a footed glass bowl, now that we had the room.

I love it. It's exactly what I would have been searching for. Blue is one of my favorite colors and the glass is such a lovely, stormy shade of blue, the bowl itself curling like waves. Plus, it survived it's journey across the border & across the country without a chip or a scratch. Diana, your packing was impeccable.

On top of all of this, the beautiful items and the wonderful packaging was Diana's note to me. I had once described my kitchen as Sophia Loren & Carmen Miranda having coffee together. Diana made a collage of Sophia Loren & Carmen Miranda having coffee together. Diana, I'm framing it and putting it in my kitchen, right where Carmen & Sophia would see it if they were sitting at the counter, having coffee.

Let me correct myself. It's Diana that's the true treasure. I'm overwhelmed by the thought that went into this and the beauty of the items. Thank you so, so much.

Nina

Comments (36)