SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bizzo13

CA to CT! It got here, Finally!

Bizzo
17 years ago

My swap package from Finally (Dolores) arrived last night!! Wow, it's wonderful, and she sure did her home work....

I still don't have a digital, so Dolores is going to post pics, but meanwhile, she sent a wonderful combination of goodies for me!

First, the cookbook. She read that I am insulin resistant (pre-diabetic) and trying to eat and cook in a more healthy fashion, so she got me a wonderful cookbook called The Diabetic Cookbook subtitled simple and delicious recipes for a healthy life and it looks wonderful. The pictures a beautiful, and the recipes look great!

For my bit of local flavor, Dolores sent me a bag of wonderful dried tart cherries! I love salads with dried cherries (or cranberries) and a bit of blue cheese and pine nuts. These are perfect! The area of CA where Dolores lives used to be an orchard paradise, but now the "Valley of Heart's Delight" is know as "Silcon Valley" and the orchards are few. She bought the cherries from one of the remaining orchard families and sent me a wonderful card with the print of a watercolor of the Olson Cherry Stand. It's great!!

and then, for the piece de resistance!! Homemade. Dolores put together the most beautiful table runner!! in her research, she found my colors are burgundy, cream and sage, and she used shades of all those in the runner. It's wonderful and now sits on the sideboard in my sage and cream dining room!!

I LOVE everything! Thank you so much, Dolores! The package is wonderful!!

--Elizabeth

Comments (36)