SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lsr2002

Spectacular Surprises from Stacy!

lsr2002
18 years ago

{{gwi:1465895}}

Finally, Max is home with a camera and we are ready to unwrap this array of gifts from Stacy. By now I'm sure she's laughing as I started to arrange the packages in ALPHABETICAL order. Oops, that doesn't seem to be right; maybe I should read the note first! There was a photo of the wrapped gifts spread out so that they spelled Imagination. There was a package of Droste Chocolate Pastilles for us to eat while unwrapping - yum.

Stacys imagination took her and us around the world and back to her home state of New York, and then to more international sites. Her letter was wonderful, describing the travels and what she found.

{{gwi:1465898}}
Now they're in order. There were some letters in the word that had more than one package so we lined them up behind each other.

Brockley is wondering, "Is one for me?' But of course, in fact there were two. {{gwi:1465899}}

Max helped him open Steak House Bac'n Bac'n Bites and Tastee Cheezies. He loves them both and sends his thanks to you.

{{gwi:1465901}}
{{gwi:1465903}} Here they are unwrapped, everything arrived in perfect condition.

She started in Indonesia picking up the bamboo and teak coasters and the mortar and pestle. The design of both is so clean and contemporary. There is a large and beautiful square serving plate with a lot of characters on it that mean "Here's to new friendships", accurate translation or not, you have certainly made us feel we are your new friends. Here are more of the Asian treats. {{gwi:1465904}}

There are spices from India, a packet of Tikka Stir fry sauce for a quick dinner that will be perfect when I come home late but not to tired to make a quick dinner, bamboo shoots, sesame oil, fish sauce, Ting Ting ginger candies that I love, a jar of sliced lemongrass and a Thai cookbook. I've never seen lemongrass in a jar before; I think that is fabulous to have it on hand in the fridge.

The cookbook, "Stylish Thai in Minutes" is wonderful. There are 120 recipes for the "cook with style but not much time" that can be done in under 30 minutes. The photos in it are gorgeous. This is the first page I opened it to: {{gwi:1465905}} I've leafed through it and I love it. Fresh ingredients for Thai dishes are easily available here but there are no good Thai restaurants (I've never understood that) so this book will get a lot of use.

Back in Europe, there is a wonderful jar of German mustard - I am always drawn to things in wonderful packaging and know I won't be disappointed in the contents of this cute jar. {{gwi:1465906}}
There is a package of Biscotti from Italy to have with morning coffee.

Returning to New York, Stacy found a number of wonderful things. First is a fabulous bottle of Lamoreax Landing 2002 Ice Wine. I love Ice Wines and know this is a very special treat. To go with it there are some cute napkins proclaiming "Wine drinkers make grape lovers" and a green marble wine coaster/trivet from the Seneca Wine Trail. Also from New York are bottles of Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce in Origianal and SUICIDAL varieties. If I post one day that I'm making hot wings for dinner and then never come back, you'll know which one I used. I can't wait to try these.There is a jar of Loretto Spaghetti Sauce and a bottle of Loretto Original Dressing, for salads and as a cooling dip for the Suicidal hot wings. {{gwi:1465907}}

Max is reading the Finger Lakes Wine Gazette and The Times Herald (a local paper from a neighboring city with an article about the company that Stacy's DH works for) as I am typing. I'll be reading them tomorrow.

Stacy, this is truly an amazing package - around the world and back home with you. We love everything and I'll be posting as we enjoy all these wonderful things.

Thank you so very much.

Lee

Comments (16)