Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mine came today! And the outgoing box is headed out today!

Posted by BarnMom (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 05 at 20:13

Alice is taping up the box as we speak (excuse the tape)!

And I got my box today! Yeah! The kids dug in happily (greedily) and I have pics to post as soon as I return from FedEx. Thanks, Dishesdone! We are all delighted!

BarnMom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mine came today! And the outgoing box is headed out today!

tap....tap....tap.....my foot....waiting....

o

Yup, I'm waiting too. Just because I was gone and made everyone wait for FOUR DAYS is no excuse.....

Annie

o

Yep....waiting very patiently!

o

whew, I'm glad it made it there!

LOL, are you back from Fedex yet, BarnMom?

o

Well Eileen, it must have been a loooooooong drive to FedEx!

o

I think she shipped herself somewhere . . .

o

LOL, I wouldn't mind if Barnmom shipped herself here as a swap!

o

Hey Barnmom, did Alice tape you to the box?

o

BANG ON THE FED EX BOX so they let you out barnmom

o

Make a little hole in the side of the box so you at least know what state your in!

o

Enjoy your trip Barnmom! Hope it's not too dark in there!!

o

I sure hope she packed some food and drink in that box, she's gotta be hungry by now!

o

This is getting to be pretty darn funny! Today is Thursday! She posted on Monday! BarnMom? you there??

o

I hope she had a credit card and drivers license in her pocket, so she can get back home!

BarnMom, where are you?

o

I hope she's OK. Now I'm getting worried.

o

Jessy, I think she works *away* sometimes. I hope that's all that it is.

o

Darn! I attempted to post yesterday and was almost done and my browser crashed!

Sorry about the delay. Things have been nuttier than usual. Ex just got out of the hospital after more than a week with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. The kids are stressed, I am stressed. And they are refusing the idea of any kind of counseling. I have explained he isn't going to get better, only steadily worse.

But on the to the fun stuff! The contents were beautifully gift-wrapped to my kids' delight! (apologies to my recipient) Alice arranged everything on the table for me to take a photo, I was allowed ONE.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Carol's theme is delightful: 'Impulsive Shopping" I love it and everything in it! What bounty!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The kids descended like locusts on the contents! Some things were consumed immediately: the Roasted Garlic Bagel Chips and the Roasted Garlic Panetini. I got a few nibbles! They LOVE the snow cone machine, complete with paper cones, spoon straws and syrups. It has seen daily use since its arrival.

Nips have always been my favorite candy and I get to eat them all myself! I have been trying to resist eating all the Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Chips all at once. The North Fork Potato Chips were MINE, all MINE. Yum! I indulged. I generally stay away from potato chips but these were too good to pass up. The Jalapeo chips are too scary for the kids so I will get those too!

Love the cookbooks! The "New York Cookbook" looks like a great read. And the "Wine Lover Cooks with Wine" is divine! The recipes and photos look SO good.

Carol sent the coolest stuff! Things I have never noticed or thought about (okay, I confess, I'm NOT a shopper!). The silicone brushes are very cool. The Adjust-a-Cup is another things I've never seen. How handy! I love bamboo and this is the cutest little cutting board, perfect picnic take-along size. Carol also added to my collection of red kitchen goodies with a red silicone trivet/pot-holder, striped tea towels, precious silicone spatulas, and a red Emile Henry Lasagna Dish--darling.

In the yummy department is a jar of Rao's Marinara Sauce, often considered but never purchased, so I am looking forward to trying this. The "Lemon Garlic Finishing Sauce looks very very good, two fave flavors in one. The "Dinosaur Bar-b-que Sauce" is mighty fine, I am intrigued by the endorsement on the side: "Biker Approved." Ha! The companion Garlic Chipotle Pepper Sauce will find a home on my morning omelettes. Love hot sauce and eggs! I have never purchased pink pepper corns and now I have some, anyone have a good recipe for me! Mmm, mmm, mmm.

And! The pice de rsistance: a crme brle set! I love this. My rascal son asked it he could have the torch. Yeah, right. Like that will happen!

I also have a New Yorker magazine to fulfill my intellectual side (I know, what intellectual side!)

Thank you! Thank you! It is all lovely and I am so pleased.

o

Oh my goodness that is one great haul Eileen. You are gonna love the Lemon Garlic Finishing Sauce. I use it all the time on shrimp! To die for! Enjoy!

Very nice box Carol, you done good!!

o

That's one great swap box, BarnMom, Carol did a great job. I really like the creme brulee set too, if California starts having sudden fires again we'll know BarnMom is using her swap gift!

Annie

o

I'm inviting myself up for creme brulee.

o

Very nice. I'm coming with Jessica for Creme Brulee.

Carol what a great selection to put together for Eileen. I'm partial to cutting boards and love that cute little bamboo board.

Ann

o

Red is my color also and I love the red Emile Henry dish and the Creme Brulee set, what a wonderful package.

I have wanted to try the Rao's Marinaro sauce, it looks so good.

Carol, sounds like you had perfect swappee timing (is swappee a word, I guess it is now.)

BarnMom, enjoy your fun stuff!

o

BarnMom, I'm glad you are ok. I was getting worried too. It was well worth the wait to see all these wonderful things. That bbq sauce is a good as any Texas sauce I've ever had (I've got to much Texas pride to admit it's better). Great great swap package, Carol, everything rocks!!

o

BarnMom, Great swap package, so many tasty treats! I think I would love the lemon garlic sauce.
Carol, Excellent shopping! Good job!

Jayne

o

Another New Yorker stepping up to the plate and sending a lovely package! LOL Great job, Carol! And BarnMom...good luck with everything...

Adrienne

o

BarnMom--I am so glad you are OK. Sorry about the health issues etc. Great swap. Realize I too was getting pretty worried.

o

Hurray! I too was very concerned. I couldn't understand where you went...Sorry to hear that it was the hospital.
I'm so happy for you that Carol sent a great package to cheer your family. So much sounds interest--more details about the lemon garlic finishing sauce and the cookbooks. I love the cinnamon raisin (sorry Ann)bagel chips--I could eat the whole bag!
Carol, you did a super job!

o

Glad you're ok, BarnMom, I hope things get better for your family. We were starting to get concerned!

I'm so glad you and your kids are enjoying everything! I've been making snow cones for my kids, too, they love it. Kool-Aid packets work great when you run out of syrup! I'm partial to the creme brulee, my favorite. The panetini are really great with some bruschetta. Those are my favorite. I had a super time impulsive shopping for you, and hey, I shopped for me, too :)

Enjoy,
Carol

o

Wonderful swap package, Carol! You've got that impulsive shopping down to a fine art!

I've spent time with The New York Cookbook - you're going to love it! Excellent choice!

BarnMom, you and the kids enjoy everything!
Teresa

o

What a great haul of goodies!!

Aren't red kitchen goodies great? I started with a red KA mixer (not the color I originally planned on) and realized what a great accent color red is for the kitchen.

"Biker approved" How funny!!!!

A crme brle set! I asked for one of these for Christmas last year, but my son figured I wouldn't get much use out of it and bought me Dave's Insanity Hot Sauces instead. Well, the sauces were really good, but I still want a cb set, LOL!

"My rascal son asked it he could have the torch."

LOL, I have two sons who were quite a handful growing up. I can just imagine what would've happened if one of them got their hands on something like that!!!!

Great box, Carol.

o

Too much fun! I would love a creme brulee set but then I'd have to eat the outcome all by myself. I'm sure the kids are enjoying 'their' gift. The box is great - like all the things you'd want to get for yourself but might not. Very exciting!

Have fun!
Marcia

o

Whoops, thought I had commented - but when I came back to look at the load again, I saw that I hadn't!

Eileen, what a great assortment of stuff you got! I'm sure you will have lots of fun for quite some time...

Carol, you outdid yourself. I can't believe all that stuff! I don't know which I like best...the baking dish, the cookbooks, the snowcone machine, the creme brulee set (however that could spell disaster in MY kitchen...wonder what I could set on fire with that?)
Stacy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here