SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

Up for a Fall Swap................??

ann_t
16 years ago

Thought the timing might be perfect for the last swap of the year. With a theme of "These are a few of my favourite things".

This will be another three item swap. Choose three of your favourite things such as a favourite cook book, gadget, serving piece, baking dish, tea towels, oven mits, etc.... Something that you love and think that your partner might also like. If something comes as a natural set it can be counted as one item. Putting together a set of something that wouldn't naturally be a set is cheating. You all know what qualifies. If you are unsure you can always ask.

Same rules as the last few swaps.

New members are welcome to join in the fun as long as they have been active on the forum for at least three months AND have posted at least 20 times since June 24th, 2007. Most members prefer to send and receive from people that they have come to know. If you don't qualify for this swap, please continue to post so that you can play in the next Swap.

You must commit to spending at least $30.00 on your swap box. This is the minimum. There is no maximum. The cost of Shipping is EXTRA.

Mail your gift box on or before the "Mailing Date" of Friday , November 2nd.

Once the packages have started to arrive please try and participate on some of the follow-up threads.

and

NO CHEATING!!!!!!!!

Comments (87)

• diana55
    16 years ago

Ann....When will we find out who our Swap Partner's will be? I want to begin shopping, but I would like to know who I'm shopping for, as then I will have a better idea what they would like.( I have so many favorite things, that it will help me to know ) Thanks Ann !!! Diana55

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

Please count me in on this one :)

I missed the last one! I can do favorites. and I won't cheat!

• Related Discussions

Pecan seedlings

Q

Comments (2)
    The nuts from those wild trees vary so much that people usually don't plant them. I get hundreds of seedlings every year from my trees and I usually just mow them down.
    ...See More

Crocosmia for the swap?

Q

Comments (1)
    Yes, I'd love some, Kenneth. Have always wanted "Lucifer"; have alway gotten an orange or yellow kind. What shall I bring ya for it?
    ...See More

HAVE: Native Ruellia

Q

Comments (8)
    After three weeks of vacation with no dogs on the premises my garden seems mainly a study in what rabbits do and do not like to eat! I think I personally supported at least one or two generations of bunnies, and if there's an explosion in the deer population I'm sending them all back over to Brenda's for dessert. Adding insult to injury, in my anger and haste to spray the Tree Guard I accidentally sprayed my basil. I hope everything grows back before fall, otherwise I'm going to have to cut up those pastel colored egg cartons and stick them on the ends of branches where the flowers should be.
    ...See More

Trades starting soon-so

Q

Comments (22)
    Oh, Nell, all those are wonderful -- no one ever has enough poppy seed, or annuals in general, because we need new ones every year! And if you would collect the Zinnias you are growing BY COLOR and HEIGHT, you will give someone looking for "pink" or "red" or "orange" or "anything under 24" something on their wish list. What color was your larkspur? LOL! See? On another thread, in the Gallery, you showed some Tecoma stans, and then you went on to list other flowers you had that were flowering in the heat and humidity...what about seeds from those? A lot were butterfly plants, and someone's wishlist might say, "anything for butterflies".(To refresh your memory I shall take the liberty of posting the list ROTFL! We have pentas, porterweed, tithonia, salvia coccinea, petunias, lantana, verbena, marigolds, agastache butterflies visit all those); also ruellia, roses, datura, gomphrena, Madagascar periwinkle, melampodium, nicotiana, curcuma, ornamental peppers and zinnias; all blooming despite intense heat and humidity. I would like Pentas, Porterweed, salvia coccinea, verbena (what color?) and what color is the Agastache? How tall is it? I might want that, too! See? Try it, really, you'll LOVE it! Lime
    ...See More
  • ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gellchom and Clare, you both qualify to participate. But please post more to the Cooking forum threads over the next 6 weeks so that your partners will have more information on you.

Beverly, I'll email you later today.

Diana, the signup for this swap doesn't close until Friday night. So I won't even start the process of matching up partners until after that. And I am working both Saturday and Sunday so although it is my intention to get the emails out over the weekend, I can't promise. But I'll do my best.

Ann

• jojoco
    16 years ago

After watching from the sidelines for 2 years, I am ready to play.
    I am really looking forward to this.
    Jo

• Bizzo
    16 years ago

I'd like to play again! My first two swaps were so much fun!!! And I've missed out the last couple. Sign me up!!

I switched jobs in the past four months, and haven't been around here as much, but I maybe have 20 posts since June!?!
    (certainly a lot more than that in the first half of the year)

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

I would like to participate, but I'm somewhat in awe of the last set of swap packages so its kind of scary.

• diana55
    16 years ago

Thanks Ann,and no hurry !!! I'm just excited!!! You know me, I just love an excuse to go shopping. LOL Diana55

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

I have been hesitating due to feelings of self-imposed inadequacies...okay, I'm in.

Cathy

• dedtired
    16 years ago

I think I will have to sit this one out. I am shopped out due some projects at work.

Have fun and I'll be watching.

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

I'm going to sit on the sidelines this go round. I've got too much on my plate right now.

Nancy

• lyndaluu2
    16 years ago

I'm going to sit this one out as I'll be gone for that time frame. :-( The summer swap was so much fun.

I'll be in Colorado Springs visiting with family there.

Linda P

• alison
    16 years ago

No fear cloud swift -- it's easy! And fun! And addictive!

And since this swap is picking some of your favorite things, it should be a piece o' cake! (Or pie...or brioche...or scrapple...)

• Virginia7074
    16 years ago

I think I'm going to watch this one from the sidelines too. Even though I see it as a great opportunity to shop for a swap buddy much like I shop for my sister. I buy something for her - and then buy another one for myself, too. That way, whenever I'm using MY gadget/wearing MY sweater/listening to MY CD/reading MY cookbook - I feel a kinship with her doing the same! Pathetic enabler, I know.

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

Encouraged by Alison, jessyf (who kindly sent an email saying she would help me through it) and mustang's example, I'll take the plunge. I'm in.

Depending who I get, I've already got one item in mind.

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So far 24 have signed up for the swap.

I'll probably try and get the names matched up tonight, so if anyone else is interested in playing please sign up before 6:00PM Pacific Time. And if you are new to the forum and haven't sent me your name, address and phone number yet, please do it today. I need that information as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ann

1. Jessica
    2. Karen
    3. Janet (Chancesmom)
    4. Diana
    5. Michelle
    6. Terri
    7. Donna (Lackboys)
    8. Linda
    9. Marigene

1. Kathleen
    2. Catherine (Ziporion)
    3. Teresa
    4. Granjan
    5. Gellchom
    6. Alison
    7. Arabella
    8. Clare (Aptosca)
    9. Beverly
    10. Carol
    11. Jojoco
    12. Bizzo
    13. Cloud Swift
    14. Cathy
    15. Ann
  • compumom
    16 years ago

I'm sorry all, I have to sit this one out. I'm barely cooking and have so much to do in these next few weeks, I won't be doing much shopping. Have fun!

• craftyrn
    16 years ago

Darn-- I go away for a few days and just look at what I almost missed ! Oh yeah Ann-- count me in-- & as usual can send to where ever !!

Diane

• KatieC
    16 years ago

Okay, I can't stand it. Was gonna skip this one, but.....I can't! Count me in....

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

I started shopping today! And when I get my partner if the item is not quite right, I guess I will just keep it. After all it is my favorite things and I just love what I bought. LOL!!

Hey, any excuse to shop right?

Michelle

• diana55
    16 years ago

I think that I am Michelle's partner !!! LOL Your items sound interesting !!! You can give them to me Michelle, because I like everything!!! LOL
    I'm done shopping too, because I know what I wanted to get, and if I feel that my partner won't like them, well too bad!!! Just kidding!!! I will just keep them, and give them to someone for their birthday, Christmas, etc.... I tell you it is really hard just sticking to three items, but I did it!!! Diana55 P.S...Now to find out who my Partner is.........and get it boxed up.......and mailed!!!

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

UGGGGGG...this is killing me!. I was gonna skip this one too, cause it't a crappy time of the month, but if KatieC can do it, then so can I! Sooo, if it's not to late, sign me up please and that should round out the numbers nicely.

Thanks

Shelley

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

I havn't missed a swap in a long time......my plate if very full now so I'll have to pass on this one. I'm not liking but it but it is the fair thing to do for the partner I'm not going to have now. : (

I'll be checking out the packages when time allows....y'all have fun!!!

David

• booberry85
    16 years ago

David, I'll be your "anti" swap partner. LOL! Life is just a little too busy right now. I'll have to pass this round. I wouldn't do justice to my swap buddy. I'll be lurking to check out people's loot though!

• diana55
    16 years ago

I'll miss you Lakeguy (David). You always make the Swap's enjoyable!!! Expecially when I was on your recieving end. Hopefully you can be in it next time. Diana55

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

I'll be joining those watching from the sidelines this time too.

It's a great theme and I know you'll all have fun.

Lee

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diane, I wouldn't let you miss a swap. I was going to send you an email if you hadn't posted.

Sorry the timing isn't good for so many of our regulars.

Here is the final list. If I've missed anyone please let me know.

1. Jessica
    2. Karen
    3. Janet (Chancesmom)
    4. Diana
    5. Michelle
    6. Terri
    7. Donna (Lackboys)
    8. Linda
    9. Marigene

1. Kathleen
    2. Catherine (Ziporion)
    3. Teresa
    4. Granjan
    5. Gellchom
    6. Alison
    7. Arabella
    8. Clare (Aptosca)
    9. Beverly
    10. Carol
    11. Jojoco
    12. Bizzo
    13. Cloud Swift
    14. Cathy
    15. Diane
    16. Katie
    17. Shelley
    18. Ann

I was out most of the day and didn't get in until late. I'm working Saturday and Sunday so it might be Monday before I get the emails out.

Ann

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

ann, thanks for your email response. looks like i missed the cut off. i was away for a funeral, got in really late - boy was that a far, far drive.

i'll be watching everyone and oohhing and aahhing over the items sent/recieved.

have fun everyone.
    maryanne

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne, you are not to late. I was just waiting to hear back from you before adding your name to the list.

I'm still waiting for one of the new participants to send me full name and address and until I have that information I can't do anything.

Let me know if you still want to play.

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

Oh Maryanne will play alright!! I was a bit worried when she did not respond earlier.

Michelle

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

hey ann, yes please count me in. i love these swaps and already have in mind the things i love, certainly hoping my partner-to-be will love them as well.

thanks for fitting me in.
    maryanne

• brenda55
    16 years ago

I am so darn tempted to ask if it is too late, but I am going to ask "is it too late?"

Brenda

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Brenda, I worked today and just finished making my "Burger" so you are in luck. I haven't started yet. In fact I'm still waiting to hear back from Nina. Until I have her address and full name I can't match her up with anyone.

So if anyone knows Nina please give her a call and tell her that I need this information ASAP.

Maryanne, I've added you and Brenda to the list.

Ann

• pkramer60
    16 years ago

Ann, am I too late? If so, no worries.

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Peppi, I've added you to the list as well. Glad you are joining us.

Ann

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

thanks ann, i called but you were out, so i posted here.

looking forward to it,
    maryanne

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am also waiting for Clare's full name and address as well as Nina's.

1. Jessica
    2. Karen
    3. Janet (Chancesmom)
    4. Diana
    5. Michelle
    6. Terri
    7. Donna (Lackboys)
    8. Linda
    9. Marigene

1. Kathleen
    2. Catherine (Ziporion)
    3. Teresa
    4. Granjan
    5. Alison
    6. Arabella
    7. Clare (Aptosca)
    8. Beverly
    9. Carol
    10. Jojoco
    11. Bizzo
    12. Cloud Swift
    13. Cathy
    14. Diane
    15. Katie
    16. Shelley
    17. Maryanne
    18. Brenda
    19. Peppi
    20. Ann
  • lori316
    16 years ago

I planned on signing up for this but got busy and never made it back in time.

So I'll be watching from the sidelines...have fun, everyone!!!!! (I know you all will!)

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

Ann - I sent you an email through GW with the information. Did you get it?
    Clare

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I never did hear back from Nina (Sigh) so unfortunately have not included her. I'll be working on this tonight and will get the emails out before the end of the day tomorrow. I'm sorry that this has taken longer than usual.

1. Jessica
    2. Karen
    3. Janet (Chancesmom)
    4. Diana
    5. Michelle
    6. Terri
    7. Donna (Lackboys)
    8. Linda
    9. Marigene

1. Kathleen
    2. Catherine (Ziporion)
    3. Teresa
    4. Granjan
    5. Alison
    6. Arabella
    7. Clare (Aptosca)
    8. Beverly
    9. Carol
    10. Jojoco
    11. Bizzo
    12. Cloud Swift
    13. Cathy
    14. Diane
    15. Katie
    16. Shelley
    17. Maryanne
    18. Brenda
    19. Peppi
    20. Lori (Lori316)
    21. Ann
  • sigh
    16 years ago

Everyone,

I just wanted to apologize for holding everything up. I sent Ann my work email address since my gardenweb addy was bouncing, not realising that I needed to send her all of my other contact info as well. Since it was my work email I didn't see Ann's message to me (nor numerous requests via the forum...no power this weekend meant no internet at home but at least I could still cook!) to send her my address.

I hope that I haven't caused too much agony for the rest of you & will be watching from the sidelines while the swap goes on. At least now I know that Ann has my contact info for next time.

Have fun, everybody!

Nina

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

nina, sorry to see that you will not be joining in the swap. they are such fun. hopefully you'll get to do it the next time.

i'm certainly looking forward to this one. i have two items in mind, wavering the on the third, but i'll have to wait and see that my partner to be would enjoy the items i have in mind!

looking forward to getting my name once ann works her magic.

maryanne

• sigh
    16 years ago

Maryanne,

Actually I'm in! Ann got my info this morning (thanks to the time difference) and was kind enough to call me to let me know. So I'm already cackling & planning. I'm very excited. Thanks again, Ann!

Um...if anyone participating in the swap doesn't drink, please speak up. You know, just in case one of your partner's favorite things is booze ;-).

Nina

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

WOW...I just received my swap partners name!! I know exactly what to get and I'm on my way out the door for some shopping.

Nina, So happy you can join us!

Later,

Michelle

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

Me too, me too - I have my swap partner's name too!!!

Now what?
    DONNA

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

Got my name, too! I already know two favorites, have to come up with a third! I really like the swap this way! Much easier, less pressure, more fun :)

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

nina so glad you made it.

a big boo hoo - my email server is down for maintenance. guess i'll have to tough it out until it's back up and working. time to get a new isp, that's for sure!

maryanne

• jessyf
    16 years ago

Ann told me all the emails are out, so if you didn't get yours, check your spam folders.

Yippee!

• diana55
    16 years ago

Somebody help Donna!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Diana55

• diana55
    16 years ago

Nina glad you got here on time. It's always a shame to miss a Swap. Way to go!!! Diana55

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

Diana,

We need to meet one of these days. You are so funny!!!!! I'm sorry I used up all the exclamation points, I know they belong to you:-) You can now have them back.
    DONNA